quadro 392.68 fermi support

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Oct 26, 2021.

1. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
  2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Already checked under Nvidia Advanced Drivers and looked up on these newer 392.6x drivers, then I looked up on our forums and found this, Excellent, I'll most certainly will give these a try on my 4-Way Sli project rig.

Will give updates later, my opinion, these drivers will work perfectly for me, will defin't test it later, thanks again.

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Just tested my #1 game of choice for my Quad Sli Project System, as I 100% expected, these drivers + my highly custom made bits, ROTR scales like absolutely no tomorrow, Excellent. I saw Absolutely no graphic anomalies whatsoever, everything is running incredibly smooth with Excellent MS(frametime) control.

4. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    interesting works better then with this build older than the new drivers? 472.xxx

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Anything from 44x.xx and above for Quad Sli = It does not work period.

"Only" from 43x.xx branches and under will work.

Although, Kozary have told me he used some drivers that wasn't working on my end, with a much newer win 10x64 build, he says its working great on his end.

I always been sticking with the 392.6x branches lately, not a single problem, other then the tuning stuff in general, everything is Golden.

I have tried some Quad Sli testing on newer win 10 x64 builds, namely such as: 21h2 builds, although some games works excellent, some has that stubborn flashing purple like anomaly, I could not get rid of it, naturally it will go away on its own but it is like 1 out of like 30+ chances, with the build I am using: Version: 1703 / Build: 15063 (RS2-RTM), Not one single problem, everything works perfectly, I have tried very small testing with RS3, seems fine, but no where much testing as I have personally devoted to the 15063 build so I can not say in the long run as I have not conducted enough testing with those builds nor the 21h2, just saying at an initial glance, 100% of the time, when I test newer drivers for my Quad Sli Project Rig, I always test my #1 game of choice for Quad Sli testing: ROTR(Rise of the Tomb Raider), cause if it does not work with that game(Along with my highly custom made bits), then all the other game I have personally tuned, 100% Guaranteed = DUD.

6. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    these 4 gtx 970 on sli you can perform better than using a gpu for example would a rtx 2080 win these 4 gtx 970?

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Depending on the Game, if its excellent scaling, slightly faster then an 2080ti, give or take, depending on game, although I never owned any of the RTX series in general, its based from what I have seen on my end and watching other videos with games with same settings,etc.

Also, This is just a Tuning Project that I been doing for over 2+ years, I absolutely don't recommend people to do what I am doing, I am just pretty much sharing my results to the community in general and whoever wants to come aboard(Hardcore Sli Tuners) to get into similar to what I am doing if its interest them.

Granted, you won't have time to play any games while your into Extreme Hardcore Quad Sli tuning, you will be playing here and there, but that's not the main primary focus.

I went to this route cause I wanted the Challenge and to see if it was actually even possible to even get one game to scale at all, as to my knowledge to this very day, I don't think anyone in the World has taken Quad Sli tuning to the degree I have taken it, Especially in this Era of Gpu's in general, not only that, provide results,etc.

My link to my thread(Sticky):

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/extreme-4-way-sli-tuning.425674/

Far as tuning goes, took me about a good year to break it in, even then, your now just starting to breath. I pretty much did everything on my own, and learned everything on my own, there were other sites that I looked for reference but 99.999%, all the stuff I have learned as I went, came from myself, and also, take it from me, Quad Sli Extreme Tuning is like seeing your very own Coffin coming into reality, it can be absolutely Horrific at times, it can be Extremely Super Challenging at times, and I also totally regret at times of what I got myself into, it is a Journey that can not be explain just in words alone and experience ain't the word for it, Its Far, Far, Far worse then just saying SMFH!!

Hope you enjoy my thread, There is also a youtube channel link on my front page if interested, I am in the process of added(Re-upping) some old RE3 Remake videos(First 4-Way Sli vidoes) that I did back during beginning of year, thanks again.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    AsiJu likes this.
  8. WillingMost7

WillingMost7 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 TI
    Sorry to wake such an old thread.

Will FPS improve? As much as I understand, Quadro drivers aren't optimized for games. But I assume it will improve GPU compute performance.

I also have GTX 570, what GPU template would be the most similar to select in NVCleanstall (I see in the screenshot you has that one too)?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  9. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    I use this one, which is the newest of all, the last one that launched this nvcleanstall, I don't understand what it is about
    [​IMG]

I'm using good Windows 11 with GTX 570 and this driver

although the driver detects it as Windows 10

10. WillingMost7

WillingMost7 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 TI
    Thanks a lot for your time replying and helping me out! Though my question still remains, what "Template" of GPU did you choose in NVCleanstall.
    In order to install 392.68 on GTX 570 you tick the "Add Hardware Support" in NVCleanstall then you choose a "GPU Template" and add the "Hardware ID" of the GPU you want to install it on (GTX 570 in this case) - which GPU you selected in the "GPU Template" that was most similar to GTX 570?

Unless you ported it to GTX 570 in some other way..?

11. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    I edited the driver's .inf and added the strings from my gtx 570 then I entered test mode to be able to install the modified driver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

once motivated, just run setup.exe and install normally

12. WillingMost7

WillingMost7 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 TI
    Hmm I see. Did you resign it? You won't be able to play games like Valorant. If so, how?