October 25th last 400 series drivers C'mon Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RagDoll_Effect, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Mostly, that Sli doesn't work in 3dmark 11, which I think is a major thing...

2. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    nvidia driver crew got other things to do than PROPER, REAL drivers...now they're concentrating in 'anti sli hack'. Yep, same story as with the 258+ drivers...

nvboss, put back the skilled persons where they do best job, making drivers !

3. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070

I havent had one single issue with any nvidia driver or the gtx 460.And I havent had a real problem with any driver or my last 5 graphics cards in the last 6 years.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think driver issues are a mixture of user error/laziness and just luck.

A broken driver could appear perfect to some if you don't play the games that it has issues with, and a near perfect driver could be the worst thing ever if the one issue it has affects the only game you play.

I also tend to think that people have too much crap installed.
    I have three Windows7 partitions, one 32bit one dedicated to movies/tv, one 64bit one dedicated to gaming, which has nothing that isn't 100% related to gaming installed, and a third one for web browsing, Usenet downloading and generally just testing stuff, and even with identical drivers i get very different results on this one compared to the gaming partition.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Also theres a hint from the majority of complaints.. want fewer problems? Avoid SLI.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    what a load of bs some of you keep saying, geez...:bang:

fyi: you dont have to go to safe mode and all that crap lol

now its enough to select clean install in driver and its all cleaned; but don't delete older stuff the driver will for you, if you don't trust it you can always run ccleaner after, but you will see nv cleaner cleaned all.

Well that's with 260+ and new installer.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The expression kettle and pot, has never been more appropriate.

I never said you had to do it, i said i do it for peace of mind, that way if i do get an issue, i know right away its not due to left over driver crap, and the new 26x.xx installer does not remove everything, there are about a dozen leftover files

Thing is, doesn't matter if you agree or not, if im not getting any issues, and never have on the 3 cards in the last 3 years, then im obviously doing something right.

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    yea sure.. not.

Then why did you have problems with 258.96 a?

and i've used similar procedure, except safemode - that's useless and never had issues either..

so your point is, yea users with loads of bs programs on their pc that causes issues lol, yea sure.. think before you write and stop speaking for others...

plus how the hell do you know what everybody uses on their pc's, you dont so yea better shut up.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    ... and if you're an AMD graphics card owner: CrossFireX!!! ;)

I certainly learnt my lesson from owning HD 5870 CFX for seven months, I can tell you. Since switching back to a single GPU card it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! :D

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I didn't have issues with 258.96, i just didn't have as good performance as i did with the 26x.xx ones, i did have DPC latency spikes, but they never actually caused a single issue, even on the HTPC partition, they only reason i knew about it was because i left DPC Lat Checker on for a few hours.

You don't have issues your way you say??
    50% of the complaints in the Nvidia driver forum come from you and Sykosis and its usually the same posts over and over and over........

Drivers do have issues, the release notes prove that, but people end to blame them for everything,a s its the easy way, and I can say what i want, im not insutling anyone, im offering a suggestion of what i do since i have no issues.

You don't have to read it, and i thought you blocked me a while back, yet here you are bickering away as usual.

11. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Yeah,I never had a problem with a single card.The only people you see in the forums complaining about drivers are sli and crossfire users.Sli dont work with half the games and apparently it doesnt work with the new 3Dmark 11 either,which is a big fail.lol

12. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Look, we're all Guru3d vet's, lets combine our tech talk and think ourselves lucky we're not as stupid as the person who wrote the book, 'how to learn French, translated into French' lol quote from Rowen Atkinson :)

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    @redemption

oh you're blocked alright, but when i see your bs generalization i won't be quite about it either.

And complain about what Dirt2? , yea i will because they broke it, not my fault, and i never had any video issues ever! and yet you all keep whining about it so same **** different story LOL:bang::bang:

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    If he's blocked, then how can you see his 'bs generalization?'

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    when im not logged in doh..

nvm not worth to debate about it.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I bet you log out to check lol.

I have never moaned about video playback, i have only said one driver is smoother than the other, especially when using custom video renderers.
    Due to audio/video clock differences video playback on the PC is generally broken, which is why we have software such as ReClock etc...

Now log back in, and try and see if you can go two hours without arguing with someone.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i can open the tab too u know, fool.

and i only reply to your nonsense, because you seem to respond to my posts in one way or another, even thought i never really talked to you or anything remotely connected to you.

Like before when you comment on my respond about Dirt2 etc.. copy paste 75% of the time, bla bla crap.., if it bothers you, then dont look at my posts and what i have to say..

like i said it few times, mind your ****ing business and speak for yourself and dot put words in other peoples mouths.

18. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    I think nvidia is busy trying to max out the GTX580/570 and preparing to the AMD 5970/5990 release, just as ATI released the 10.3 couple of days before Nvidia released the GTX480. But its been a long time since the last update, hope they go back into releasing more drivers soon.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ah, poor little Hunter falling back on insults when yet again his "intelligence" fails him.

Who said your posts bother me, your the one who gets riled, with many people on here, i would never block you, i have too much fun winding you up.

abula, i expect that too, wouldn't be suprised to see some appear early next week.

20. anthonyda

anthonyda Member

GPU:
    470 GTX SOX
    Got some link about people talking this particular problem?