nvidia vista 100.64 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DYNOMO, Feb 13, 2007.

1. hoonu

hoonu Member

GPU:
    XFX / Radeon 6970 / 2GB

Means ****e if they keep up these drivers. HL2 performance is almost down 40% in Vista with the 8800 GTX... gfg... I hope the R600 comes in packing some serious heat. It's basically the only thing holding me back before I buy a new Core 2 setup.

2. evandena

evandena Member

Still cannot force fixed aspect ratio scaling, so I still cannot play BF2 or 2142.

Screen still goes garbled after a game changes resolution, or I leave my comp for 30 min (regardless of power options).

All in all, another ****ty release. NO noticeable difference from any others.

3. pabster

pabster Member

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    And who wants to bet we'll get to use the same crappy ForceWare 100.x driver set? :puke:

I think R600 is in my future. ATI used to be the one slammed for shoddy drivers and a poor control panel. My, how times have changed.

4. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280

Yes because i win a lot of framerate in games with overclock... I have maybe 20 fps lesser on vista than xp.... and 7900 3d marks in vista and 10100 in xp... So i do not want use vista before good drivers with overclocking out! The 8800 is normally a vista essential video card and not all of the features are aviable on vista??? Vista is out since about 1 month and no final drives are out??? Nvidia are really stupid... So i hope drivers with overclocking will be fast out! If i lost a little performance on vista it's not a problem but i lost a lot of performance! My card is good on overclock 660/2200 so i do not want to lost it!

5. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Lol.

Mike.

6. GM AC

GM AC Member

These drivers are disappointing considering there aren't any noticeable improvements despite two weeks of development time since the last set.

With this development speed, we can't expect fully functional Vista drivers before three years. Of course by then, everyone will be using ATI cards.

7. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Using a modded INF to make these work with my 7400 Go card on my laptop, all is swell (then again I never had any major issues since I started using Vista). Games run like crap but I'm pretty sure that has everything to do with the fact that my laptop only has 1gb of memory. I noticed that the hard drive is reading/writing like mad when I play so I'm assuming vista was running out of memory (I expected this to happen, but thats fine because I normally dont game on my laptop). As for my desktop its not getting Vista for a long time, in fact this desktop may never see Vista (I will hopefully be putting a new computer together in a year'ish).
    Basically, I think nvidia is just trying to get the drivers stable before they work on SLI and performance and overclocking... after all, what does nvidia have to gain by allowing its users to OC? I'm not going to jump on the bitch at nvidia bandwagon for bad drivers because I have no idea how different the internal driver structure has to be to work in Vista. Also, I have no ATI card to test the ATI Vista drivers so I really have no way to actually tell if nvidia is just sucking it up, or if producing video drivers for Vista is just this complicated (it could very well be, this is the first 3D enabled Windows desktop... that changes things A LOT.) If it is true that producing drivers for Vista is really complicated, then the finger pointing should be at Microsoft for making things difficult.

Anyways, back to topic... 100.64 w/ modded INF works fine on my Dell XPS M1210 w/ nvidia 7400 Go. All the settings seem to work, no noticeable display errors, BSODs, or anything of the like.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  8. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Modded inf for overclocking is possible???

9. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    no it is not

overclocking is not going to be controled by the driver anymore. They have taken it out.

They will enable The option to overclock In Ntune When they feel its ready.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Do you mean the one that causes the screen to flash black and then flicker even though it's still 60Hz on a TFT? If so then it was annoying me last night as I've only just installed Vista.

I have to say that the v100.64 drivers are very poor compared with the XP ones and lacking things like the classic control panel, a temperature guage and overclocking. Plus when I installed the correct 32-bit drivers I got a warning that the operating system I was using wasn't Vista which it most certainly was!

Also why doesn't RivaTuner 2.0 Final detect the Vista drivers correctly? Is it not compatible with Vista - I did get an error message about it not being able to initialise RivaTuner.sys or something?

Which are the best drivers to use for a 7800 GS as Vista has installed some but I don't have access to the control panel. I've downloaded the 97.46 WHQL, 100.59 and 100.64 ones. Should I use the WHQL'd ones even though they pre-date the release version of Vista?

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Download and install RivaTuner 2.0 Final as it comes with a beautiful little utility called D3DOverider that runs in the system tray and uses less than 15 MB. It allows you to add a program to it's profile and force triple buffering. I've been using it for a while now and it's easier to use and far more stable than DXTweaker.

12. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I disabled AA, set the resolution to 800x600, ran in compatibility mode, and ran as administrator. I can barely make out any of the people. Still smokey grey and text is unreadable.

13. Drefsab

Drefsab Active Member

GPU:
    7800gt 512mb (and a 8800G
    Another driver, another failure same bugs for me, FFXI runs so badly its unplayable as well as the same issues with the in game buttons and the windower.

Dual screen's not working right again, most games I play running badly (and by a noticeable amount), guess will have to wait a couple more months to see something usable.

To all those that are going on about SLI, I understand that you want both your cards to work in SLI and you payed a hell of a lot of money for them, but at this stage of the game you would only have 2 cards that work poorly if at all with no performance gains or extra functionality, so your 2nd cards would still be nothing more than a power consuming paper weight.

14. Streetball

Streetball New Member

Hi people....
    I have GeForce Fx Go5600...trying to install these drivers but the same error as with all previous ones :( I installed Windows Vista.....

any ideas why is that???

15. pyrogogo

pyrogogo Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300LE
    is the overclcoking functionality been added to this set of drivers?, or do we still all have to use ntumne to overclock?

16. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA 8800 GTS 640mb / SLI
    WOW !!! is all I can say.

To those who are doing OK with Vista and have a 8800 card... GET THE NEW CASCADES DEMO DX 10 !!!

This is why we spent our money. Its so beautiful .. like nothing before. Be sure to use the help button in demo. It changes lighting,textures, etc... its unbelievable.

Its 160 megs because it come with the a DX10 runtime installer .. updated I presume.

cheers

17. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA 8800 GTS 640mb / SLI
  18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i dunno...mabye its the jpeg but that doesnt look good:S....

The textures look very bland and the water just looks like dust or sand.

19. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming

20. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Assume you're talking about COD2. Did you disable AA from within the game menu, or via nVidia Control Panel? As I understand it, disable within game, make sure you haven't configured the nCC to force AA. Again, I had the problem, read the solution on a number of boards, saw feedback it worked, and it did so for me. Perhaps you have another cause?

Edit: The more I think about it, seems like you have another issue. Your is unreadable. Before I applyied the AA fix the compass and text were perfectly readable, while the grey obscurred everything else completely.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007