Nvidia Titan II

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Veteran, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Hope it's true. First single card that's 30%+ faster then my 690 I'm buying.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah I'm up for a full fat gm200, then grab another further down the line
    Hope its not stupid pricing like titan z.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Is this the Project Denver GPU? I'm starting to wonder if that is even coming out because I haven't heard jack about it in months.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Think I will wait for the "non titan" version of gm200, I am unwilling to pay $1000+ for a gpu.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    From the link in the OP

I really hope this is true

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    They should maybe try to stop write all their read on different forums, we have even some posts of xtremesystem who are copy/paste there.

This said, it would be nice...

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Probably be around £1000 here around $1400 roughly. I don't mind that but anymore and nvidia can shove it and I will just wait. I hope if it is true that price is not too high.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I think leak sites confused the Tegra K1 with it. If you go read all the articles, they basically said that Denver would ship with Maxwell architecture GPU. Technically it will ship with a Kepler architecture GPU in Tegra K1, which is getting updated to Maxwell. But yeah I think they just confused it with desktop level vs mobile.

I can't think of a reason why Nvidia would want to put a low power ARM in order system on a Geforce GPU. It would bring nothing to the table.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...ave_Integrated_ARM_General_Purpose_Cores.html

For example this article, while dated, explains that denver will ship with maxwell. But it makes no mention as to whether its mobile or desktop class GPU.

10. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    i would love to buy 2 of them,count me in im so excited!!!!............naaaaaaaaaaahhhhh id rather spend 2500 on vacation actually and wait 6 months and buy something usefull performance per dollar/euro and to me is overclockability....i dont give a sh.. about hype give me performance and more filters and something new interms of technology in graphics txaa without blur and im sold better physx new aa algorithm,not 30% more of my 500 dollar card and expect i dish out 1200 euro

11. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    Alright, I'll just wait for the R390X.

I'll keep the 780s for Witcher 3 then switch. I can accept it from Intel since the CPUs last so long, but not from GPU manufacturers.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    If it really is coming this year, is 50% faster than what is on offer now and releases before AMD's offering, it won't be $1000.00 (it will be more).

If that turns out to be true, I doubt I'll be going Nvidia this time around. I'm not going to support their perpetual price increases any more.

I'll wait and see what AMD come up with and the inevitable Nvidia card that is almost as fast as the Titan II (but substantially cheaper).

13. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hey if this thing ends up uber, and smashes whats currently out there, and even remotely comes close to my cards in SLI at 2K, I'd gladly sell these and make up the difference in price for one.

I'd rather sit on one card if I can for less power/heat.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    What are you poor or something? That's a totally fair price.

/sarcasm

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    1000$ for a GPU is a fair price? What happened to 500/600$ for a flagship card? Its always been like that, why paying double?

Edit : Oh, you got me there. :D

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^wow man nothing gets by you.

17. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    I thought the big maxwell was GM210 like replacing the GK110 which was kepler titan.

So they are doing it exactly the same as with kepler. They released full gk104 then titan on gk110 at a bs price then for next years flagship they made the gtx 780 a gk110 part at a more fair price.

Is there actual evidence they are releasing maxwell in the exact same way?

I dont have the luxury of waiting when x99 comes out im going straight for the octa core and finally replacing my 4 year old x58 system. I'm missing out on so many features being on x58. And I want the big maxwell not the little maxwell so looks like I'll have to pay the titan mark up for gpu compute ill never use.

18. GPU

GPU Guest

no nv has stated the gpu business is so good there is room to rise the prices
    -not looking for the link as you all seen it

might get off the nv boat next time before it sinks with all the gold loaded on it.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The original Titan was an early Gk110 at a high price. Next comes the 780Ti which is the same card tbh for arguments sake for a much cheaper price.

So going by that maybe Titan II will be an early GM200 with a similar model coming slightly later like TK implied just like the 780Ti.

I see no reason why not, basically Nvidia is allowing users to adopt the technology early but you will pay a high price for it. Wait around 8 months and you get the same tech in a refresh for half the original price.

20. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    so if the original titan was gk110 wouldnt the maxwell titan be gm210 not gm200