NVIDIA shows us GF100 Fermi video card at Digital Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Risco, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Shady ****ers.

I don't see why they don't just release the numbers in a proper working demo rather than play about with it.

What have they got to lose... if people don't like the numbers now they definately won't like them on press release. Perhaps they are just extending the inevitable.

I hope the hypw justifies the results, for their sake.

I also notice that they skip the dragon with tessellation enabled... that's where the 5xxx's really nose dive... i guess the same is true about GF100 haha

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Show me the numbeeeeeeeeeers :/

3. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I'm really on the fence about now concerning getting one right off. I think I'll wait a couple months or so to see how these fan out. Who knows, I may just 2 more 285's and call it a day for a while.

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Edit: NM

5. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Well, GF100 uses CUDA processing for tesselation, yes? Perhaps part of their reason for delays is that in particular was too big a performance hit at the moment? GF100 has been optimized for computing so it wouldn't be all that shocking to see some gaming capabilities take the back seat this run.

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I think my idea of this generation of hardware so far, is best quoted from the ATI sells 2 millionth DX 11 GPU thread,

Also, something I failed to mention is that with being in school, I'll probably be busy writing papers and such, as I have 2 reading/writing classes this quarter (yes my school is still on a quarter system).

7. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I hear you on that. My university isn't switching to semesters until after I graduate (saying I don't bog myslf down by waffling on degrees that is).

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    The guy on O.C.net claiming to be an ex nvidia engineer ( yes i know doesn't sounds very promising ) said that ati's tesselation method was better than nvidias but said the difference was slight, he had some really good info, so I think it could be true

9. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    As far as i was aware, Nvidia also used a hardware tessellator...

10. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Ah, it seems it was my mistake. I was going on hearsay and should've known better than that. I'm still stumped as before with the delays though.

11. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    No, It is hardware accelerated, but it's done using the cuda cores, instead of using a dedicated tesselator, which is why the dude said it is not quite as efficient as ati's method

12. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I really hate that they show it with Silverstone rotated case and ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard. It makes me think I should just get one :/