Nvidia GeForce 364.96 Hotfix Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    where the heck did these drivers come from, they arent on Nvidia's Driver site (im asking because im skittish to test them.. and BTW running doom Open beta just fine on the last WHQL drivers.

2. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    All of Nvidia's Hot Fix drivers can be downloaded from Nvidia's Support page.

This is the page for the 364.96 Hot Fix Driver: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4086

So far it's running just fine on my PC like all the previous drivers.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Another bug; Doom Beta

In Multiplayer Lobby, my player model will flicker while waiting to join a server. This actually happens a couple times a minute.

4. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    This driver runs just fine for me. I played bf4 for like 3 hours yesterday and doom beta and no issues. Guess people having issues is just unlucky or overclocking is to blame

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

5. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nope. This Doom beta lobby problem (which is a very minor problem) should be visible for most. It's very easy to see when you're not yet connected to a server and the game is trying to find one. It maybe tied to trying to connect to a server and then model gets refreshed causing a momentary flicker.

6. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    362.00 was the last fully stable driver.

7. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Are you sure that's a bug ?

8. ai-man

ai-man Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080 Strix
    This driver has fixed the stuck clocks problem I've been having, good stuff.

9. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Could be engine related. Very minor "issue" if you will.

10. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    well I played many games yesterday and had 0 issues

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nope, 364.96 is the last fully stable driver. If something isn't working on your system then it's most likely your local issue and not the driver.

You have to specifically manually overcome several BIOS limitations to be able to overclock a card beyond the safe margins. So yeah, no, my logic is fine.

12. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    hey wow i had those problems with windows 10 especially. driver stops working and recovers.
    sometimes in games when it would happen it was accompanied by an error message dialogue and the game could be closed.
    other times the game just froze out (tdp)
    but afterwards in eventvwr it was always the "...has stopped working..." phenomenon.

since i am back on 7 (64bit) it doesnt happen at all!

doesnt seem to be vendor specific. but maybe some driver versions are prone to that behaviour more than others?! i dont know.
    i had the problem with crimson drivers as well as pre crimson drivers...

13. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    nope. this just means the moment i overcome the bios limitations (flashed bios) and afterwards maybe apply only a small overclock by user hand or no overclock at all.
    a theoretically faulty driver can then also cause higher overclocking because bios wont stop him from doing that anymore.
    IF such faulty driver exists.

14. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    Postulating a driver cannot be (purposely or mistakenly by a programmer) set to overvolt a card is a misconception and misinformation.
    If it has happened with any actual drivers of x86/x64 systems graphic cards is another question and of course highly improbable.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    BIOS won't stop driver from applying overclocking but...
    a) driver do not apply anything, it takes the clocks from the BIOS, there are no such thing as "driver can then also cause higher overclocking" as driver do not clock at all
    b) BIOS will still have various fail safes which will send the card into throttle if it is beyond the safe parameters. These are completely independent from the clocking so to both overclock and disable them you have to specifically want this.
    c) such driver would kill all cards of one model on the market right after first 3D launch after installation.

So basically - this is impossible. Such faulty driver cannot exist.

16. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    so yeah, 364.91 would APPCRASH chopper demo but these ran it just fine. well stutter w/V-sync but smooth toggled off.

sorry, no time to bench/test games atm.

btw, just installed over the vulkan dev drivers (after deleting the "junk folders") and AB was under reporting clocks speed. so looked at gpu-z and used render test to boost clocks to 3d. thats when i saw a spinny chopper from time to time.

rebooted and clocks reported correctly in AB.

17. Thelmet

Thelmet Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    did this driver fix dark souls 3 crashes for anyone?

18. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    Those crashes got nothing to do with drivers sadly, otherwise it was known before that the crashes were nvidia exclusive.
    This is the fault of the game itself and there is supposed to be a patch coming on monday but it is not addressed in there.

As dumb as it sounds, but the full helmet on your character rumor seems to help, at least for me. 2 Whole days without a crash when i was crashing at least once every hour if not every 30min.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    So, you had to intentionally flash a modded BIOS. That isn't the driver, thats the user.
    You're going to great lengths to avoid that it isn't a driver causing it. Sure you can invent a scenario where the user bypasses the BIOS After all, that is what extreme over clockers do. Disable the protection mechanisms both BIOS and hardware.
    But that, isn't a faulty driver.

20. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    while its true driver recalling "state" in bios
    its also do more than that

in past "We are aware that some customers have reported fan speed issues with the latest 196.75 WHQL drivers on NVIDIA.com. Until we can verify and root cause this issue, we recommend that customers stay with, or return to 196.21 WHQL drivers. Release 196.75 drivers have been temporarily removed from our Web site in the meantime. "

driver also controlling fan-speed for sure

then after that 320.18 also reported damaging gpu : http://modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/

well some people can said, user fault from OC or it just dieing card...etc
    but then why it happen after they update their drivers?

also plaging TDR issue (on win10 especially)
    do u think that is because microsoft bad proggraming only?