NVIDIA Delays RTX 3080 Founders Edition Reviews, and shares GeForce RTX 3070 launch date

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's one of the nice things about new architecture is it should technically have more room for growth. But these cards on paper look amazing, waiting for reviews before I make a total judgement, but if they can be further improved beyond the reviews then great

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I also really like how things seem to be getting smarter and smarter. VRS and and DLSS are a testament to this, and both AMD and Nvidia will have the tech to do this. It was about time, really.

Ricepudding likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Nope. FP32 changes and their scheduling is HW thing. It either works or not. And I bet that it works just fine.

If I had to make guess, problem is in availability or need to reflash last minute BIOS change. (Fan speed to noise balance. Or clock boosting update.)
    And it is not really that big delay.

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I guess we will know after the first reviews what it really was about. Clocks and fan can also be adjusted with a driver, especially if any "old" driver is not available any longer.

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    2 days extra and all the conspiracies are out already. Dude, it's not like a game that's being delayed to next year lol. Calm the f down, sheesh.

For once can we all just give them the benefit of the doubt? Even if it ends up crap, lets wait to see the numbers first before you start sh ing on it.

Venix and Aura89 like this.
  6. ACEB

ACEB Member Guru

GPU:
    We all should know that someone will 'accidentally' release their review on Monday anyway

7. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Or it could be that they are pissed that some people were not following the initial rules. They were not even supposed to be put in computers and powered up yet from what I have read on other sites. Only unboxed and external photos taken.

itpro likes this.
  8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    People, calm ******* down and be nerfed. Rtx 2000 are gonna get drown and rtx 3000 are gonna thrive!

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What the driver submits and how can change the utilisation level of the FP32 units, that's what the driver does after all.

RDNA 2.0 will be announced on October 28th, so no.

10. ngoni615

ngoni615 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti 11gb

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Take my money already, i've been on a GTX570 running my 2x4K monitors at 1080p using "DVI+DVI to HDMI 1.0 converter" for 4 weeks now.

This oldy card doesn't even support compute shaders, i can't properly work :eek::eek::eek:

12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm in same boat petty much, though my fun begins Monday latest with that 2080ti goodness haha
    I'd hate to be sitting on my hands waiting on 3k, just sayin man, I get stressed that's all. *Thumbs Up
    Hope you get one soon!

XenthorX likes this.
  13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    GT 710 represent

Undying and XenthorX like this.
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I recall you had a gtx 1030, then bought a 2070s a couple weeks before Ampere announcement, then returned that to wait for a 3xxx card. Now you got a 2080ti? Doesnt make sense?!

XenthorX likes this.
  15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    We need an upgrading addiction help forum.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    patience is a virtue and the guy dont have any.

17. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Oh come on. How the hell could they expect hardcore PC builders who get these cards to just sit and look at it for a week without putting it in a machine and seeing how good it is.
    And then what, rush all benchmarks at last minute?? NVidia were crazy to think that. Makes no sense.

18. More than likely COVID related

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks like we'll get third party reviews on the 17th according to Gamers Nexus.

20. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Gee that's wonderful, this will be a case of trying to source a card and hoping for the best. I'll be F5ing Amazon.uk trying to get a FTW3 or Strix, *if* they're not several hundreds of pounds over the cost of a FE. 2pm UK time Nvidia.com will crash and by the time the site comes back online you'll be greeted by "sold out" where the "notify me" tag used to be.

The situation seems luck a clusterfruitcake to me, I mean if Microsoft can put up preorders for their new box on the 22nd on the month, well in advance of the consoles launch, why can't Nvidia? Is the stock situation really that bad?