NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Added some new DX11 SLI profiles to the master list spreadsheet.
    As usual, all major changes are listed in the changelog document linked in the OP.

Regarding the thread not being sticky anymore, this seems like a strange decision IMO.
    However it is really out of my hands I'm afraid.

fantaskarsef and pedigrew like this.
  2. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Thank you so much! I loaded up Skyrim SE a few months ago wanting to DSR it (surely, with all the grunt of 1080Ti this should be easy) but was dismayed at the shadow flickering SLI introduced. Hopefully these new flags will fix this :)

3. dave2575

dave2575 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1070
    "SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11)" For World of Warships.. can somebody tell me if I should be using: "0x0C0000F5 (Alien: Isolation, World of Tanks) "

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. arel77

arel77 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA
    nice thanks for the info , always learning more things from you gurus

5. Simplex

Simplex Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti
    Thanks for awesome work with this guide. I recently replayed Call of Duty 2 and noticed that the AA information in the spreadsheet did not work well for me - "0x00000000 (No custom flag needed)". Perhaps AA was enabled, but I could still see some aliasing even in 4K. So I tried 0x000010C1 and it seems to work better when using SGSSAA.
    This is the flag that works well in other Call of Duty games:
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=8517632&postcount=306

You can verify my findings and update the master list.

I also noticed that the bit for Call of Duty: World at War is "0x000012C1" - is this correct value?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    SLI information for Inner Chains

I have been trying to find a decent SLI profile for the UE4 game Inner Chains for a while now.
    The solution is to use "0x080000F1" combined with setting "0x00A06746" to "0x00000100".
    Overall scaling is acceptable, but there are certain slowdowns throughout the game.

Testing was done at native 3840x2160@60Hz resolution using maximum ingame settings.

Options -> Graphics

Resolution: 3840x2160
    Display: Fullscreen
    Quality: High
    Antialiasing: On
    V-Sync: Off (Recommended to use G-Sync)
    FPS Limiter: 130 (60 is used when playing)
    Motion Blur: Off
    Grain: Off
    Chromatic Aberration: Off

Options -> Advanced

GPU Memory Limit: Far right position
    Head Bobbing: Off
    FOV: Far right position

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Single GPU (45 FPS) vs. 2-way SLI (70 FPS)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Single GPU (35 FPS) vs. 2-way SLI (53 FPS)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Test system: Intel Core i7-5930K, Asus Rampage V, Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme 2-way SLI, Acer Predator XB321HK, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  7. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Added several new SLI profiles and other useful general gaming information to the spreadsheet.
    Not everything has been included from the 3DCenter SLI thread though, since some of it is simply not up to snuff in my opinion.
    And again as I mentioned earlier, there are far too many "smaller" improvements to the spreadsheet than can be included directly in the changelog.

Hope you guys appreciate the result :)

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Hey GuruKnight, I just wanted to say this is very much appreciated -- this thread is one of the most important on the internet for getting the most out of SLI and AA. I check it whenever starting a new game :)

Just quickly -- perhaps something for yourself and the geniuses on 3DCenter: the two most recent Nvidia drivers (418.81 and current 418.91) list:

New Features
    > Implemented performance improvements on multiple titles, such as Witcher 3. when using G-SYNC and SLI on Pascal and Maxwell GPUs.

Now the question is... are these improvements hard-coded in the driver itself and static, or are they implemented through flags applied now applied to profiles (such as Witcher 3)? Because if it's the latter, then perhaps these same flags could be determined and have an impact on other games beyond those listed here in the release notes...

9. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    The master list spreadsheet should now again be fully updated with the highest quality contributions ;)
    Honestly I could put much more content in there if I wanted to, but really want to make sure everything is fully tested and without major downsides.

As far as G-Sync optimizations go, this is really something done internally in the driver by NVIDIA.
    Certainly there might be some special unknown SLI bits, which reduce bandwidth requirements in specific games and in turn reduce G-Sync related issues.
    And the exact effect of these might change based on driver optimization, if that makes any sense?

10. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    SLI information for The Guest

I did some SLI testing in the DX9 Unity engine title The Guest using the 419.67 WHQL driver.
    Here 0x42400005 is enough for nice scaling without any slowdowns.
    Testing was done using maximum settings at 5120x2880 resolution (3840x2160 combined with 1.78xDSR and 22% smoothness).

Options -> Graphic Settings

Quality: ULTRA
    Resolution: 5120x2880
    Windowed: Disabled
    Bloom: Enabled
    Lens Flares: Enabled
    Light Shafts: Enabled
    Motion Blur: Enabled
    Antialiasing: Enabled
    Vsync: Disabled
    Anisotropic: Enabled
    Shadows: Enabled
    SSAO: Enabled

[​IMG]

Single GPU ~ 45 FPS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2-way SLI ~ 85 FPS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dagda likes this.

11. gaintbeam

gaintbeam Guest

Sorry for the old response. But is there a “super sample” AA mode these days that would work with Riddick + SSAO? Or maybe combine MSAA + TrSSAA as per your instructions and use ENB? or Reshade to add some SAAO?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
  12. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    It's possible to use both MSAA and SSAO if you enable SSAO through the console.
    (ctrl + alt + ~) and then type xr_ssao 1

To make supersampling work you have to change this value here to 0x00000000. Then force supersampling as usual, (ingame MSAA also has to be on)
    This however will make the SSAO look all messed up, so you can't use supersampling with SSAO unfortunately.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  13. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Can we PLEASE get this thread pinned again. Don't know why it was unpinned after being pinned for years. Read the OP. It links to and provides information for the single largest and most complete Nvidia compatibility bits for AA/SLI/HBAO and more.

It's one of the most valuable resources for all gamers with Nvidia hardware on the entire internet.

Making it easy to find is a critical service.

Thank you.

@Hilbert Hagedoorn

14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    @GuruKnight -- this may be useful to add for current and future Vulkan games.

See this post here from Astyanax: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/g...oad-and-discussion.429262/page-7#post-5729401

This applies to Red Dead Redemption 2 profile, where apparently it has near perfect scaling once this flag is changed. The support isn't perfect -- going by online forums/Youtube, shadow flickering can occur in cutscenes, but the main game is fine apparently -- but given given how demanding the game is this may be preferable to almost double performance with SLI enabled. I can't test as I don't have the game at the moment.

It could also prove useful in future for other Vulkan mGPU games. It's a great find.

EDIT: Further from Astyanax:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Nice to see that the thread has been made sticky again.
    Greatly appreciated :)

Also I finally got around to updating the spreadsheet with a few new SLI profiles.
    As for adding new content or functionality, I prefer to keep things the way they are for the moment.

Specifically related to RDR2 and Vulkan multi GPU support, I believe NVIDIA disabled this in the driver for a reason due to several flickering issues.
    Not sure if it has been fixed at this point, since I don't own the game.
    However I'm confident NVIDIA will remove that particular driver profile flag, when they consider Vulkan mGPU in RDR2 to be "ready for use".
    Such issues are really up to Rockstar to get sorted as far as I know.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you're a bit late, the current driver already allowed sli, but with the flickering not fixed.

17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Good to see you back @GuruKnight :)

I'd like to add SLI profile for The Outer World's for pre-Turing cards.

This one is interesting as Nvidia provides an SLI profile for The Outer Worlds in the latest drivers that it states is Turing only -- and it indeed it doesn't perform correctly on Pascal and below. However, where there's a will there's a way and the Redditors came up with this for non-Turing cards. I can confirm it works perfectly - 12 hrs in no issues, 2 x 1080ti @4k:

SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10 + DX11) -- 0x080000F5
    SLI Broadcast (DX1x) -- 0x00000001

The broadcast bit is the key here. I don't think it's perfect scaling, I still turn down Shdows in the game to maintain 60fps with everything else on Ultra, but a single card with the same game settings nets only ~40fps, so it's at least a 50% improvement (haven't toggled vsync off to see how high it goes so who knows it could be higher). Note the game uses TAA by default, so this is a pretty decent result considering TAA hogging bandwidth.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dam, searched the compatibility list and there is nothing for Escape From Tarkov :( :(

think anyone can boost this game i know its poorly optimized....

19. Kokotko

Kokotko Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti
    Valorant antialiasing/ unknown bits / tweaks someone ?

20. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    anyone got sli profiles for resident evil 3 remake and resident evil 2 remake ????
    and one that do not produce stuttering or flickering textures., or graphics issues.