NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    It's all what driver can do to force AA on DX10+
    [​IMG]

2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Here is some SLI information for a couple more UE4 games, I recently tested:

Unreal Tournament (2018):
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11583129&postcount=2723
    Obduction:
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11586697&postcount=2724

To me that proves the validity of at least 2-way SLI with a modern PCIe 3.0 x16/x16 system, and its potential to remain with us for a long time to come.
    But honestly the fact that most of the more reputable GPU reviewers and miscellaneous tech sites don't even bother to test with more than PCIe 3.0 x8/x8 and then call it quits is just ridiculous.
    The amount of misinformation and pure BS on some sites and forums about SLI is getting completely out of hand.

I personally still have hope for improved SLI support in 2018, but it all hinges on better corporation between NVIDIA and game developers, combined with more competent and honest information to the "general public" from GPU reviewers and similar.
    Shifting responsibility and playing the blame game won't help anyone.

Anyway with that in mind, I wish all of you guys on the Guru3D forums a happy and fruitful New Year :)

Dragam1337 and The1 like this.
  3. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    ^^ This :)

It is a bit strange that reaction to SLI recently. Inspector is easy, 90% of games work fine, and good luck running 4K anything or using VR with any level of details without it. That the response is often 'just buy a single card and tone down the details' is the absolute antithesis of a) striving for the best gaming experience for your enjoyment and b) PC gaming full stop. PCMR people. Why bother playing a game half-assed? Go all in - max res, max details, max fps. SLI lets you do that. Anything less is a waste of time.

Also thanks for all your work here and on 3d-center (I browse that thread sometimes with Google translate!).

AQUILES, Dragam1337 and The1 like this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    GuruKnight i can see from the 3dcenter masterthread, that people are aware of the issue with sli + g-sync in star wars battlefront 2... but as it is using the same engine build as battlefield 1, do you know of any "unknowns" that could possibly fix the issue?

5. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    There is nothing possible, but you can improve overall performance in SLI mode by disabling Temporal AA (change GstRender.AntiAliasingPost "1" to "0" in Profile-options)
    However the performance-costs with SLI + GSync still remains and can not be bypassed.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah and unfortunately you can't really accomplish anything useful with them either. Only a small handful of games work with it. I wonder if it just had a few extra functions added to bring it on par with DX9 if it would work.

7. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Hello guys.
    Sorry for the long time since my last post here on the forums.

Things have been quite hectic lately on a personal level, but I will do my best to make up for the time lost.
    I will update the spreadsheet shortly :)

8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Just updated the spreadsheet again today.
    Lately mostly SLI related information has been added, however I'm still open for suggestions such as more advanced tweaking and other cool stuff.

dr_rus and Susahamat like this.
  9. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
  10. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018

11. Kachiee

Kachiee Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    Please how do I change my graphics card from Intel to nvidia please help. Thanks

12. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  13. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Some new/updated SLI information for a couple more UE4 games:

Insurgency: Sandstorm:
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11786771&postcount=2924

Unreal Tournament (2018):
    https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11788904&postcount=2933

BTW the thread is coming up on its 4 year anniversary quite soon.
    Suppose it was only fitting then, that I finally got around to "finishing" testing on the sequel to one of the MP games which started it all for me, namely the original Unreal Tournament from 1999 :)
    Now if only Epic could forget about Fortnite for a moment, and make the new UT into what it deserves to be.

In general my inner perfectionist is almost "happy" with the condition of the master list spreadsheet.
    Older posts have been revisited to a certain extent, and things are beginning to shape up to what I originally imagined when I considered this project a long time ago.
    Naturally there will always be much left to discover and to put the final touches on, and many more games to test.
    But I have limited time for extended gaming and testing these days, and it is really up to others to start using some of the tips and tricks included in the spreadsheet more.

14. Phil Tuncap

Phil Tuncap Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4096mb
    Rainbow Six: Siege is essentially blank...any reason why? And I've noticed nothing I change works in Inspector except for vsync settings...

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    It isn't "blank" really, since there is some information about SLI under the "Custom D10 and DX11 SLI" category, along with some interesting comparisons in the references.
    I just decided to include it to inform people, that full PCIe 3.0 x16/x16 mode is needed for any decent 2-way scaling due to bandwidth limitations.

16. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Why is this unpinned? Please re-pin.

And no the 'READ ME FIRST' post at the top is not sufficient to store important threads like these.

17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Bump. Keep on first page.

18. dave2575

dave2575 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1070
    Is there a new compatibility bits setting for World of Warships using
    DX 10+DX11?
    or DX12?