Nforce drivers 4.24 released

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by evilcircuit, May 10, 2004.

1. evilcircuit

evilcircuit Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 OC w/Zalman VF700-
  2. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    Also the 4.20 for 9x. Mainly seems to have the newer audio drivers added (which I already have) dunno if the gart driver is gonna make any difference.

3. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    kwool... updating now...

4. rabidgoldfish

rabidgoldfish Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    yeah I downloaded them yesterday, but I am still waiting to see what ppl think of them.

5. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    me too

i had a few issues lately playing games,still trying to find the culprit,maybe a driver,who knows,maybe these drivers might help,games play for a second and then go back to desktop,any advice or suggestions would be great,I have the nf7-s rev 2.0.
    kind regards
    paul

6. rabidgoldfish

GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    Re: me too

is your system overclocked? dose it, do it on every game? and have you tweaked your OS?

but the first thing's I would do is defrag the hard drive, maybe clean out the registry,and I would update all the drivers. and then check out the ram and see if you have a bad stick. and if that didn't work I would uninstall the game and reinstall or try and run a repair utility,and look to see if the game has a patch, for your problem.

Last edited: May 11, 2004
  7. Djin

Djin Guest

I get 50 more points in 3DMark 2003. :)

Woohoo!

Nothing like getting updated drivers... I love having up-to-date everything.

Did you know having updated drivers can increase the speeds of your machine by 15%! :p

8. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Frame rates went down a bit with 4.24. I reinstalled 3.13. They went back up again. Maybe it will take a fresh install of XP with 4.24. Maybe it might run better with 4.4 catalyst(4.3 right now). Who knows...just dont feel like jackin' with it all right now. ;)

9. mill

mill Guest

is the midi control panel still there, i installed nvmixer before and i didn't see it. and what about the ide driver, is it any good?

10. nasa15

nasa15 Guest

Because I have an Audigy, I cant tell you about the audio panel, though, the IDE drivers seems to be working quite well; no mysterious unable-to-boot problems or anything.

11. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    Re: Re: me too

hello m8,cheers for reply,i have not overclocked computer in any way,i have latest video drivers,tried many mostly omega drivers,it also does it on rally xtreme challenge and freedom fighters,i bought some more ram and video card but problem is still there,cleaned out registry and defragged,uninstalled and installed game again but no joy,only thing i have not done is patch the game,my friend had all games off me and they played fine on his,1 weird thing happened though,dont know if is relevant but he applied the same no cd crack and his ran fine and did not ask for a cd to be inserted but mine did with the same crack applied,lol,maybe this means something,any more ideas would be great.
    regs
    paul

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    No, midi panel is gone quite alot of issues with NVMIXER, center channel is fubared from what was said on nForcersHQ aswell as some MIC2 issues.

Though I did start getting weird IDE issues with NVIDIA drivers, both 3.13 and 4.24 same with some other people but I guess it'll be different for other peoples systems.

13. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
  14. rabidgoldfish

GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    Re: Re: Re: me too

did it work before the no cd hack? and is your friend useing the same OS?

15. mill

mill Guest

can i just update the driver and used the old soundstorm control panel, since i still used the midi for games.

16. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    Anyone tried the 4.20 9x release? I JUST got done reloading everything and I dont wanna fu..mess it up.

17. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    never install nVidia's IDE driver. F*cks 20% of computers, this new one does fix some problems, but is still as shyty as the rest of the old IDE drivers. F*cks up mine.

18. mill

mill Guest

no midi control panel, good bye soundfonts, play final fantasy with dls set only.. : (

no problem with other thing though, except that environment effects seems worst than the previous driver.

19. Djin

Djin Guest

How so? I believe they are better then the motherboard's drivers. I've never had an issue.

20. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    motherboards driver? I think you are confusing things here. Mobo's drivers are old nVidia ones probably, these new onees might be a bit better, but still, Microsoft's default ones are lightyears ahead.