NF Tools by Nabil Fathi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by adolfotregosa, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
  2. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/8ttjtcxrji

I guess that at worst it won't do anything...?
    Unless dude is pretty talented i don't see how it can be potentially harmful.

Not saying that i believe it's anyhow beneficial either.

If someone can synthesize all of the registry entries to a .reg file and provide extracted .dlls that are installed i can try it out, but i'll be staying away from the installer provided by that guy, even if AV's didn't find anything.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Buggy GPU drivers won't show up in a virus scan, but they have fried GPUs in the past

When people like Unwinder and Wagnard say they see no benefit, it's best left alone IMO, especially coming from some guy with a blog

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Great, all the complaining made the guy change the tool to private use. I personally seen benefit in Star Citizen. Extremely smooth gameplay whereas before I had studder.

5. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    So anyone got this 3.2 version and can upload it?

6. Not sure what the drama behind the shutdown of the blog is, but if you release a piece of software onto the internet, you should expect your work might come under criticism, especially if its inner workings are not detailed properly like in this case.

7. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vN7a8OsPT2Mk1uSmxVQ3doSk0/view
    Pass: nabfa

Yeah the guy is very sensitive. He is also french canadian apparently and doesn't understand english very well, because he is constantly thinking that people giving constructive criticism are trying to attack him.

He wanted people to give him feedback, but once some people started to say that it doesn't work he would get very offended, writing walls of text in broken english about how much work he is putting into this and how insensitive people are. Big unnecessary drama.

Imho his tool works, although your milage may vary and it's not a godsent thing.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  8. selkie707

selkie707 Guest

GPU:
    880m
    What is the password for 3.2

9. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Without fresh IME driver install?

[​IMG]

10. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    nabfa

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
  12. LathspeLL

LathspeLL Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The tool works for me but not on all games. RS:Siege works much better with the tool. Battlefront too.

EDIT while writing: When I was writing this I remember something... Wolfenstein: The New Order was running like ****. Couldn't play it because of the extreme stutters. I did everything to fix it but I couldn't solve it. Changing drivers, moving it to the SSD, various graphic tweaks, ini file tweaks... Nothing worked.

Until now... I just checked it and it's buttery smooth!!!

The tool works. I was following him last year too. He is overly dramatic about his work. He did enable g-sync on laptops last year and closed his website because of criticism again.

I was quite happy that he is back. Now he made the website private again :(

13. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Well, the reg entries are clearly helping some people in some games, which is a useful find in and of itself -- micro-stutter (be it engine, driver, or otherwise) is often the biggest problem once you're maintaining a consistent fps.

So if the author is tweaking nvidia/windows reg values that can make a difference, and he's decided to close his blog, we should pick it up from here and see which entries are having an effect and why. Afterall, once it's installed we know both the reg keys and the values they're set to.

14. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    He is still working on it, he just made his blog private for now and is working with beta versions with a team of testers. When it leaves beta he will make the software public again.

15. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

I've been testing the 3.2 version of his tool for several hours and I feel there is some merit to it. Looking forward to when it comes out of beta.

16. dajife

dajife Guest

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte 980 G1
    What's your source?

17. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    He said that on his last post on his blog. Also when you try to install the 3.2 version, if you read the disclaimer it's there as well.

18. dajife

dajife Guest

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte 980 G1
    But i think that he not said will make the software public again

19. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Not this crap again....

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru