New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Oh please no, no hype train... we know how that sh*t storm ends.

Nvidia killer BS. Show the card, release it, let it be reviewed and let people decide if it kills something or lags behind.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's no hype train. It will most likely happen, it will be a slither faster than a 2080Ti, and it will be a slither slower than a 7nm 3080, launching at the same time window.

They will be both slower than the 3080Ti.

OnnA likes this.
  3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Well, if that's true, I'll put any thought of getting a new GPU till this new, RT capable flagship AMD card comes out. Meanwhile, I'll chug along nicely with my PC VEGA64 Red Devil (aluminium shroud), which I think looks more kickbutt than that PC 5700 (XT?) Red Devil
    [​IMG]

apple020997, OnnA and Maddness like this.
  4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yep, that's a beast alright. I'd hold off if i had one of those.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Welcome back my friend :p :D:)
    Navi? Vega? or like me Arcturus?

Let us hope this Train will deliver....
    IMhO it could happend, looking at small Navi performance.
    ATI needs 450mm2 chip to overcome 2080Ti in some Games (not all of'em)

PS.
    Driver need to mature also.

6. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hey man, never left, just much less time.

For now a really cheap GTX 1070 I got new for €300, six months ago (after the Quadrobake went to the big Google cloud).

For later anything that might actually hold 4k60, since my big upgrade will most likely happen mid-2020, when Zen 4k is out.

Embra, Maddness and OnnA like this.
  7. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Wish they would be released beginning of year.

8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Patience, my friend, all good things come to those who wait. I'm willing to wait for big Navi, I have a feeling it'd be worth the wait.

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
  10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Guys, don't overhype this. If they can give us 2080Ti performance at around €600, it would be perfect, even if Nvidia has the crown with the 3080 Ti that is inevitably coming at around the same time.

Maddness likes this.

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    €600 might be a bit optimistic, I'd say closer to €800

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Reference Cards are EOL?

[​IMG]

Note:
    AiB Partners are very important for ATI/AMD that's why they have Blower style cooler on reference GPUs.

13. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'm realistic enough to know that RTX3080 Ti would be the new king of the hill after RTX2080 Ti. I just hope NAVI 23 can at least match, or slightly exceed RTX2080 Ti in games without RT. I just hope that AMD's RT hardware implementation is more......robust (?) than nVidia's.

Jackalito and Maddness like this.
  14. apple020997

apple020997 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    If it’ll be a 600€ GPU (incl. f!ck!n italian taxes) it’ll be mine, or at least I hope that a 600€ card will be released....
    I don’t want to spend too much because I have to put it in my watercooling loop.
    I’ll buy it because I think my Vega 64 won’t be enough to play Cyberpunk 2077 with every single option maxed at 1080p60, and because ray tracing (that now I consider wasted die space until conslowles will have it) will gain traction, and Cyberpunk has it.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    We will have all price point covered.
    199-299 & 349€ 5700/5700XT
    399-499€ for 58xx
    599-699€ for 59xx
    And thats all IMO.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    By the time AMD actually release a card faster than 5700xt Nvidia will be on 7nm and 3080 will beat the crap of out of it. Intel joining the playground with its rt capable cards will leave AMD on last place. Dont forget to overhype this new "nvidia killer" gpu so we call be disappointed when its here (sounds familiar?).

MaCk0y, Thadeus and warlord like this.
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    AMD should reconsider pricing. Their choices are not viable for smart buy anymore like in the past. GPUs are not CPUs. Radeon is not selling as good as Ryzen years now, that means something. Lisa Su, should have gotten the hint by now, she doesn't seem to be a slow paced person.

At least we could get a killer in price/performance ratio like the old days. AMD lost it and NVidia doesn't even care, instead there is overpricing.

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It won't really matter what the implementation will be, since it will be from day one in all the new consoles. So, whatever it is, the industry will have to write for it, and this is kind of a major point in AMD's favor. Nvidia will try to grab some big titles for hype, for sure (like Cyberpunk 2077), but if even those games implement DXR, then the new AMD cards shouldn't have issues with it.

The 5700XT is obviously a mid-low end card. Don't be fooled by the performance or the pricing, this is a decidedly mid-sized die (only 250mm2). My bet would be that the new consoles are basically that GPU + RT + some stuff from the next gen of Navi + 75mm2 Ryzen CPU. I cannot see them go above 350mm2 for the start of the generation.

The original PS4 had a 328mm sq die size, which would fit with something on that ballpark.

As for PC, the real high end is at the 600mm2 range, and the real question is how the Nvidia die shrink goes. Big Navi (80+ CUs) will be as fast as the 3080, and if it has RT, it will be a great card, if AMD can keep thermals in check. I don't think they could hit Nvidia in the full retard 3080Ti range, but they could have compelling offers for the mass market.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There are two things to consider when one looks at next GPU releases.
    1st) Where each company stands.
    2nd) What can next more denser and power efficient node give them.

And here is where most of our fellow gurus make fatal mistake in judgement by underestimating nVidia's current standing and overestimating AMD's. 7nm power efficiency is going to improve clock only a bit, because while AMD still has to balance clock vs. power draw on ~10B transistor chip (7nm) and manages to read ~1800, nVidia is already at ~1750-1850 even at "12nm". Move to 7nm will enable nVidia to get maybe 12% higher boost clock. on that size of chip. It will be nicely power efficient, but that's about it. And it would be very naive to expect some meaningful improvements to traditional rendering methods when they are pushing for RT.

And funny thing is that their 2080 Ti does have same boost clock ranging from 1750 to 1850MHz. If 2080 Ti was clocking much lower, one could at least argue that there is big clock potential with extra power draw headroom. On other hand, AMD which recently worked on a lot of things is in place where it can only deliver surprises with RDNA. Especially if they improve power efficiency.

And that brings us to trade. nVidia is trading performance for die size which someone has to pay for depending on yields. AMD is trading power efficiency where one has to pay for more robust cooling solution and a bit more for electricity over time.
    So, where can nVidia go? 12% higher clock * 20% more transistors at 40% higher price due to more costly manufacturing with lower yields?
    And AMD? -5~10% clock, 100% more transistors, and some 25% power efficiency improvements. Then they can go again for HBM2+ to save some extra watts. This time around it can actually be cost efficient. 3x 4GB stacks could be gaming sweet spot.

OnnA likes this.
  20. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Regardless, I just hope big NAVI is powerful enough to do at least 3440x1440, high-max setting + RT enable, I need a single powerful GPU as I'd tried running two VEGA64's in my case, and mostly due to my mobo PCIe X16 slots placement, my primary GPU hit critical thermal threshold. So, one single GPU with enough POWAH to do my required res and game setting, that's all I want......and it's gotta be AMD (gotta maintain my AMD street creds) :D

Maddness, apple020997 and OnnA like this.