New to Fallout 3, want some mods

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by F1refly, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Wow yes TV's is a lot better in daytime. I'm gonna tweak from his settings instead. Midhrastics has some ugly colors going on.

2. JoeSixTooth

JoeSixTooth Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Fallout 3 mods

I watched lots of this guys tutorials for installing mods.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL77ECC4B6194E1685&feature=plcp

This one is a fix for crashes related to multicore processors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIY2J6W8FBU&list=PL77ECC4B6194E1685&index=4

I found it helpful in reducing my crashes on Win 7 64 bit. After I installed it I had very few if any further crashes.

You might want to just get some of the performance and graphics tweaks for a first play through and save the gameplay changes till later.

3. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    Can someone who know their ways around tweaking ENBs help me here? I'm using Midrahastic ENB in Fallout 3 and when the sun is behind a building or an object I always get this. You can see the sun behind the building there:

[​IMG]

I know in Skyrim you had to edit bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in Skyrim.ini to fix that, but it doesn't seem to work in Fallout 3.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    thanks guys. Also got some new sound and music mods, including the Stalker music scores.
    I found i had to reinstall the latest GFWL to get the game to run in W8.
    Kinda hoping to get a little of that Stalker like feel, i forgot how funky the old Gamebryo engine was and having touse archive invalidator and whatnot.

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I said that I will do a complete list of mods I'm using but since I started working with ENB I want also a ENB + SweetFX preset to share with people that want to experience a great modded FO3.

For now I'm busy tweaking :devil:

It may take a while but I want to make a good complete post with lots of modding infos. This is by far the game I modded the most and it's quite worth it.

My work so far!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you think I'm crushing blacks too much, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
  6. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks Wanny....I will be keeping an eye on this thread :)

7. colorblindnejc

colorblindnejc Guest

GPU:
    HD5770
    Is there a way to get Midrahastic ENB to work on AMD gfx hardware?

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    With that rig I would go for these

Fallout 3 Hi res texture pack (really improves textures A LOT from stock)

and some kind of ENB series injector which will overhaul a lot of the atmosphere for you such as lighting and makes the game pretty much completely different looking. But these are subject to personal opinion some people like certain ones over others just shop around and see which one you like the look of.

Also download some pip-boy mods as well to improve the look and interface really helps with navigating.

Also a HUD mod is a pretty good idea too.

I have most of these mods for New Vegas and my jaw literally dropped when I saw the textures (2k versions) and ENB extreme series. Really really changed the look of the game for me.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Check out weapon models/textures by Millenia. Total professional work. This guy should be hired for weapons in the next fallout!

Taken from my game
    [​IMG]

10. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    :eek2: NICE!

11. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Lol now i wanna reinstall it haha

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Finally played it some today, got the Texture mods and several others and Mahdristic ENB. However i'm not too happy with the shadows/lighting. Is there any way to make for "god rays" perhaps? maybe some fog?
    I want it to look a little more eerie basically, generally it looks fine, just not much atmosphere in regards to shadows n such.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

No godrays for now. ENB author might include them later. A lot of effects from Skyrim are still missing. If you want satisfaction, you will have to change everything yourself... that includes ENB settings (effect, bloom, lighting, etc), SweetFX if you want extra correction and modifing .esp for EVEN more correction. Yep, that's three+ layers of corrections. It's quite time consuming... but I love this game so much that I don't mind... :)

BTW I replaced DC's weather completely with another one since I didn't like it's current color scheme. It's still a cloudy one tho. Yet another DOF shot :D I'll get tired soon I promise.

[​IMG]

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

This will be most likely my final configs. It was fun to learn everything but now I'm tired and I will just release the files somewhere and people can do whatever they want with it. I'll also do a small list of mods I really like.

[​IMG]

15. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Looks nice Wanny.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

17. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    The Original fallout 3 is easily the best, the story is really good. Didn't like the NV story as much. Graphics wise, I noticed no difference, especially once you mod it up. Gameplay wise, both are the same, just a different story, and some different weapons. Crank the difficulty also, unless your not so great at FPS.

18. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    is there any High res texture pack for the DLC's?the main game looks nice with the texture pack but seems like the dlc's not using them.same for the New Vegas.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    arent there any nice total conversations for this game? ffs. most of the mods that r good reauires a bit skill and english to make installation and make it work.

and this looks good too

Resident Evil Camera

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Loved the game when first played it 3-4 years ago, but tried to play it again after not touching it for 2-3 years and found it horrible. Esp the gun mechanics, lack of recoil so unrealistic, just couldnt continue. I think there are recoil mods for guns, not sure. NeilMCs texture packs are excellent.