New AMD Agesa Combo V2 1.0.8.1 update potentially improves latencies between CPU cores

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    I think you're also on overclockers.net.

I solved it somehow by raising VDDG to 1.050v I used to run it at 0.950v long time ago without issues but every bios update changes stuff. ran it on 1.0v for a while without issues on A40 and A50 bios. but now it needs more...

Might be related to this posting saying internal latency dropped. Maybe internally something is more voltage demanding because of that. Who knows...

EDIT: I just checked my MSI webtickets and they had responded with the same suggestion to adjust VDDG. You can try something higher. For me it's 1.050v that does the trick.

blackguard likes this.
  2. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I think 4.3 is perfectly somewhere near the 4.4 ceiling. Also 4.17 all core is very good.

mentor07825 likes this.
  3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Which ram offer default specs of 3600@15-15-15-15? i would be interested in buying them. For 3600 the best i can find is 16-18

4. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    16GB G.Skill Trident Z SKU F4-3600C15D-16GTZ. but my mistake, it's 15-15-15-35.

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Good thing about AMD is that they keep working on the code after releasing a product, improving it not only for the next generation but for the current generation.

DeskStar and Undying like this.
  6. blackguard

blackguard Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    Yes I am, though haven't been there in a while and I don't post much anywhere these days.

Good shout on the VDDG. Interesting that MSI would advise users to raise voltage.

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm curious how this would affect the performance of games that exceed 100FPS. I'm sure it narrows the gap between Intel (though I highly doubt it's enough to match Intel).

That's why I never depend on Windows tools to perform such updates. Too risky. Besides, those tools are often bloatware anyway.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you realize you just agreed with me right?

Error 19's are not caused by memory instability, its uncore instability in the cache lines.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It totally borked my xmp profile. Nothing is working beyond 2133mhz. Im switching back to F21 from gigabyte.

10. blackguard

blackguard Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    Is agreeing with you a bad thing? I wasn't saying XMP was causing it either, just that data suggested enabling XMP is enough to cause issues, and pointed to the new microcode.
    Two people can reach the same conclusion independently, through different thought processes.

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Which board do you have? I've got the Xtreme (570 & tRX40) and was just about there at flashing until I read your post!

12. Krzysztof

Krzysztof Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA56
    Hi .
    Guys i have asus prime x470 pro and 2700ryzen cpu.Now my Bios is 5406 from 2019/11/25. my Ram is XMP 3200mhz with bad score latency 16-20-20-38. My set is DOCP (xmp) ,and offset voltage cpu 1.238v with x40 ratio. stability 100% .
    Thats my score in AIDA cache mem :
    I see 2 version newer Bios for my mobo ,and take it last one : 5603 from 2020/08/10. And when updsate this Bios i write how going on ,and gives you my new score in AIDA cache mem test. Maybe tomorow....

Attached Files:

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Gigabyte x570 gaming X. Basically xmp are none working after the flash. F21 is working fine i just went back to it so keep that in mind.

14. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Right on. Are you actually "OCing" the memory or just running the XMP? Or just that XMP is completely shot? I have a 3600 128gb NeoZ running exactly like it should be and 3800 32gb just a 200mhz jump to match a 1900 infinity fabric.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I've tried xmp and manual oc with no luck, 2133mhz stuck. Tried rising vdd, dram and soc voltages nothing. Can you confirm that or still deciding what to do? :)

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Oh hell I haven't plunged into it personally. And the damn example as to what it is supposed to do (BIOS update) is for memory compatibility and nothing about a new AGEISA what so ever.

I'll keep off of this one for the time being until it gets hashed out. I like my settings and she's solid as a rock as of now. Just got done tweaking my 5700XT in here and couldn't be happier with it. 2080 super performance practically!!

Just not sure I want to even mess with a secondary BIOS setting as I've had my board just say "F" off in the past and loads whatever it wanted to after crashing. All to be seen that the BIOS doesn't even have any saved settings, so then I have to start all over.

Undying likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Reminder that some bios updates require a NVRAM wipe because of changes to c_var names that gigabyte and msi have historically been stupid enough to make.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  18. Robson

Robson Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1070
    Slightly faster with same Bios and Ram settings.
    V2 1.0.8.1.jpg

GSDragoon likes this.
  19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Change nothing for me . Whats Your best results for memmory latency ? Or there is different test to see it actually works ? :D

Attached Files:

Fediuld likes this.
  20. willgart

willgart Member

GPU:
    nvidia
    its not about the ram access
    its the core to core communication, so 1 thread communicating with another one on another core.
    there is a tool to measure that, I dont remember the name.