New 8GB Raspberry Pi 4 now available for $75

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 28, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Raspberry Pi foundation has released its Raspberry Pi 4, with more memory. The 8GB version is available at shops for around 75 USD / 85 euros and complements the earlier models with 2GB and 4GB....

New 8GB Raspberry Pi 4 now available for $75

Fox2232 likes this.
  2. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I just ordered a 4GB unit along with a case and other goodies from Geekworm. It hasn't left Hong Kong yet. I'll have to check 8GB unit's compatibility with the rest of the equipment and perhaps swap for the 8GB version.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    It should be fully compatible. The layout is pretty much the same, it's just more memory.

4. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks...further research confirms they are basically the same. There's a good review of the 8GB unit on Tom's Hardware. I'll probably not need the extra ram.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Something I forgot to mention before:
    The Pi "B" style board has unofficially become a standard. It is backward compatible all the way back to the original Raspberry Pi B board. There are many competing platforms that try to conform as close to that layout as possible, even where every single function of GPIO pins are in the same order and the same physical location. Typically, the USB, ethernet, and power ports are in the same location too. Off the top of my head, here are a few non-Raspberry models that conform to the same layout:
    • Rock64
    • RockPi
    • Banana Pi
    • ODOID-C series
    • Asus Tinkerboard