NETGEAR Announces Four Wi-Fi 6 Routers (802.11ax)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Why the "wings"??? Maybe because after you bought it and took it home it will fly back at Netgear headquarters and you will remain without the money paid and the router. Now this would be "winning" design"...for them. Anyway...it looks strange...but in all this LED craziness a router with wings is a drop of normality.
    IMHO if you don't have a new adapter, tablet, notebook or smartphone that supports this standard it's just wasted money. After 1-2 years when the adoption rate of the new standard in wireless devices will be strong enough it will be a good choice.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  3. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Interesting story Bruce Wayne was actually a major contributor in the development of this Router so yeah, there you go...

4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'm pretty sure these are inspired by Kylo Ren's command shuttle.

5. IIllIlllII

IIllIlllII Guest

GPU:
    Quadro 4000 2GB
    I currently have the Unifi XG Access Point. The cost-to-benefit ratio is debatable, but we have a LOT of IoT devices and we like to host parties. I have never had a lag or signal issue in the home or outside on the patio, even when hosting 5 families (with over a dozen kids all on their mobiles LAN’ing it up on various games). The AP is PoE, so no power cable running it. And the Unifi Controller software far surpasses anything Netgear can throw at it. Also, this thread has people much smarter than me calling out things like no DFS support and an artificial wireless device limit of 32 devices...seriously?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Ni...is-up-the-new-AX12-will-be-D-O-A/td-p/1693327

Maybe my opinion will change in 5 years once there are enough AX devices out there, but there are so many IoT devices that would need upgrading...I don’t see it happening any sooner than that. Until then, I’m happy with what I have.

6. TheBigSmooth

TheBigSmooth Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti
    I have a Netgear R8000 and it has been SOLID. My wife and I have the new Samsung Galaxy S10 and these phones use the ax wireless standard. While these are the only devices in our homes that use it we plan on getting new laptops this year and i will make sure they come with ax.

That said ive been waiting for someone to start coming out with all ranges of ax routers and not only are these INSANELY underwhelming. But the look of them is an instant turn off. I have my router behind my entertainment center and it covers my house. If i got one of these there is no way i could wall mount it. I will have to wait for Asus to come out with something that makes more sense. I cant believe Netgear would go with a design this awful.

7. suzannadenton

suzannadenton Guest

GPU:
    2.2/2GB
    Have you got any valid answer? If so, then please share me also.