NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ that jersey patch is only like for two teams. it is not a global patch he is doing something to the individual jersey files it seems.

2. wan_d7

wan_d7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 450 GTS 900/2000
    I just upgrade my rig with X2 555BE Unlocked to quad and i must say its ****ing night and day to compare with my old dual core processor. To add with 450 GTS, 60 FPS no dropping at all. I think this game really like quad core, and you can see the optimization with it.

Do you guys try the config tweak? I does give some nice visual improvement at the same time performance.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There's a new NBA 2K11 profile available for ATI card owners if you download and install the 13/10/2010 10.9a CAP (check out the ATI drivers section for the link).

For me, they do nothing other than disable support for CrossFireX, something I had already done via a RadeonPro profile. I'm keen to hear if it works for anyone else though because the release notes on the AMD website imply that it has CrossFireX support.

4. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    finally have my copy :D

5. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I hope you enjoy the game, seeing you looked so forward to getting it. LOL, I just hope you didn't set your hopes too high. It's great, yet very difficult & not without it's bugs. :)

6. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ yeh itz harder than 2k10, tho at allstar I'm doin okay, back on hall of fame in no time

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nice, I'm horrible at this game. Tips welcome. :)

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Lol I'll tell you wen I learn sum lol, tempted to put the gameplay on casual and have it be a little more action packed

9. Blackadder33

Blackadder33 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 285 1GB
    Same here. Smooth in the games (max detail) but the intro, menu and replays stutter all over. Darren, haven't you loaded Fraps to monitor the fps during the stuttering? With v-sync on, it drops down from my usual solid 60 to 45 fps every 2 seconds. Same for you? Now here's something interesting: When I loaded the game last time, it was very quiet in the room (speakers happened to be off) and I was surprised to hear an extremely faint electrical "hiss" noise turning on and off from inside my rig every 2 seconds, in time with the constant freezing/hitching on screen. I'm guessing it might've been coming from the videocard, but I couldn't be sure... motherboard maybe? Try it yourself (with your head next to your rig if possible) and report back please. Anyone have any thoughts what that sound is? If so, maybe then we might finally be getting close to a solution!?

Heh, maybe not for you; I like a good slow motion replay system in sports games, especially this. It's one of the things I loved about 2K10. Not being able to use it this time... well, I just had to uninstall and try to forget about the game altogether until there's a patchfix. The frustration of the constant freezing every second or so is too much for me. Hope there's a fix for it.

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Just played 2k9 and 2k10 to compare and TBH, both games had better graphics (shaders?) over 2k11 :( but 2k11 makes up for it with better gameplay and presentation

2k9 (granted there may have been a court mod on the celtics floor, but nevertheless, the shading/reflections on the court and on the jersey is better)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2k10 (best environment lighting for me IMO but the camera sucks as its too far for my taste)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2k11 (seems like its missing a shader or something)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, I watched GameTrailers' video review of NBA 2K11 yesterday, which shows footage from the 360 and PS3 versions, and I was shocked at how the graphics looked better than on the PC. Court floors in particular look shinier. And seeing those screenshots above just proves it really; the PC version is definitely missing some of the nicer graphical effects from the console versions and, indeed, the previous versions of NBA 2K on the same platform!

Typical of 2K Sports though; no doubt they'll add them back eventually... like six months down the line!

12. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Yeah, I'm getten it for the PS3.

13. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I've played every version of this game in the last three years and don't really notice the graphical deficiencies you guys are talking about in this year's version. In motion, it looks pretty much the same as they all have. Are you guys really that picky? :grin:

14. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @waway625 with a quick config edit you can make the stadium look the same if not better. For some reason 2k set the details low.

2K11 with config change:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quite a difference right? I haven't messed around with the config too much, but I'm sure one could get it looking even better.

LOL, also need to look into what I did to turn the Spalding signs off. With the original config they are there, with my modded config they are gone & even the table is different.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cheers for that ShadowMyth, i was about to change my mind about getting this game when i saw those first images, but that looks much better and is a huge difference.

16. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^ Best part is, even after the config change it still runs 120 fps on my system.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Good to hear, and my GPU isn't a huge amount much slower than yours, so should have no issues keeping 60fps.

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    but I dont want it to be too glossy which changing the config does plus the graphical glitch that finals and playoffs stickers show up :(

@redemption, if you liked the past NBA 2k releases then you shouldnt pass up on this one, the graphics problems can easily be overlooked and the gameplay and presentation more than makes up for the graphical shortcomings :)

actually its not that bad especially if you are playing a good game

19. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I heard u can tweak files to get it to run better, I'm only running at about 80FPS, guessing xfire isn't working, at least it's smooth

20. Blackadder33

Blackadder33 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 285 1GB
    Hi. I asked you a couple of questions back in post #109. Did you miss it?