MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti SUPRIM X and Ventus 3X Box Photos Leak, 8GB GDDR6X - GA104

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2021.

1. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i would agree that turning few settings down the diferene is minimal and for the most part if you do not take snapshots to compare em side by side you would not be able to tell
    but the point here is that the cards are not but a few months out in the market and you have to do that , while you wouldn't have too if they had more ram ..why be ok with that ?
    and yes don't like it don't buy it i agree with that too .... while it might not be a big deal breaker does not mean we have to be ok with that .... year after year the vram demand rises , what i am afraid with those cards is that they will run out of Vram before they run out of computational power to run games

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I dont get this though - if you dont care about visual loss, why are you even playing at 4k in the first place? Then you could play at 1080p or 1440p and get much better performance, rather than being crippled by a gpu that is in all honesty too weak for 4k.

You go 4k (or higher) if you want the maximum visual fidelity... but it becomes kinda pointless if you have to lower settings to get playable framerates at 4k.

Venix and Undying like this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    You just have to experiment with which settings make a noticeable difference or not. For me AA = 0, ultra to very high or high, shadows = medium, motion blur = off, etc. I have a 1440p spare display and can use higher visual settings on it, but the higher res of the larger 4k display looks better to me and is more immersive. Also some games I can be content with 30-40fps (valhalla). Was never an FPS whore to start with. I'm about on par with the new consoles and majority of them will by on 4k as well.

4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    GDDRX , that will make a beast for mining . Probably will be best mining GPU to date ( performance/cost) :)