MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z

2. Vulkan

Vulkan Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    Funny. :) I played Escape from Tarkov quite a lot. Now not anymore since few month. But I can definitely advise to try it out. Its a hardcore Shooter.

3. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Wrong thread

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nope. There was my message above it, the comment is related to it. I've got extra key for Escape From Tarkov a copule days ago and offered to donate it to some random forum visitor, if anyone wants it. The key is gone now, so the message is also deleted.

cookieboyeli, Vulkan and toyo like this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    ah, late to the party. I was willing to try it. Let me know if it happens you get one more extra key in the future.

6. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    So I tested this out on my 144Hz monitor. Set 2x scanline and changed SyncPeriods=2 to achieve 96 fps ingame. I also switched the monitor to 120Hz to achieve 80 fps ingame. In the game menu, the fps are correct, but once I launch a game (tested with Prey and Hitman 2), the framerate jumps all over the place (usually lower) and tearing is pronounced.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or do I misunderstand the functionality?

Conversely, running scanline x/2 to achieve 72 or 60 fps respectively runs beautifully smooth with no tearing.

7. Unwinder

You’re misundrstanding the principles of it’s functioning. And this thread is not intended for “how to”, sorry.

8. eddward

eddward Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 GAMING X
    Hello, is possible that RTSS overlay crashing F1 2017 game ? I have tested a few times ingame benchmark with OSD enabled and then OSD disabled and it is reliably crashing with OSD enabled. This is the only game in which I have problems.
    I'm using latest available beta MSI Afterburner and the latest RTSS.
    GPU is MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO with latest WHQL Nvidia drivers 416.94 on Windows 10 v1803 with latest updates.

9. Unwinder

It is a question of a few seconds to type in "RTSS F1 2017" in Google to see if other are able to use overlay with this game and to understand if it is really compatibility issue of this game engine or some issue on your end. And I'll ask once again to avoid using this thread for general application usage and troubleshooting related questions.

10. Unwinder

Some development news:

- New MSI custom design flagship engineering sample is on the way to me now. This MSI non-reference design product line traditionally have exclusive multi-channel voltage control and multiple additional memory and VRM thermal sensors, so I’ll need to implement support for this card. Once it is implemented, we’ll probably release official 4.6.0
    - While the sample is in the way, I’ll be working on some additional features which I planned to add to 4.6.0 before it goes final:
    - Voltage/Frequency curve editor will be unlocked for AMD cards. There is no exactly equal NVIDIA-styled voltage/frequency curve tuning support on AMD side but this GUI (in slightly altered form) can be used to allow editing all P-States instead of adjusting just the highest P7 now. Screenshot is demonstrating new planned GUI prototype.
    - Voltage/Frequency editor functionality will be slightly upgraded for NVIDIA cards too, it will be possible to override visible range of clocks/voltages so those who use V/F curve editor to lock voltage and reduce power consumption (mostly my “favorite” miners) will be able to go below the previous GUI minimum (800mV) if necessary.
    - There will be dedicated button for launching OC scanner from main window GUI (also shown on prototype screenshot in top left corner)
    - Monitoring tab GUI will get additional useful helper keyboard shortcuts. It will be possible to override OSD/LCD group name for all graphs in the group at once (now you have to manually rename “CPU1” to something like “i7 8700K” for all grouped graphs). It will be also possible to use <Alt> modifier when changing some monitoring options (e.g. when toggling “Show in OSD” option) to apply it to all similar graphs at once (e.g. holding <Alt> and ticking “Show in OSD” for “CPU1 temperature” graph will also synchronically enable “Show in OSD” for the rest “CPUx temperature” graphs”).
    - ___Probably___ we’ll unlock OC scanner button for GTX 1000 family (no promises on it, there is no final decision on it yet). NVIDIA are working on their NV Scanner implementation for GTX 1000 family in recent drivers so the scanner is already breathing on previous GPU generations. There are still some open issues left, but I’m thinking about allowing you to play with scanner “as is” in the next beta.

[​IMG]

11. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    MSI Gaming X Trio?
    Thank you for your great work.

12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Lightning

Unwinder likes this.
  13. Unwinder

When it is done. I said that I'm still waiting for new hardware, which need to be supported by the next version.

14. Unwinder

Green beast arrived, I'll be busy these weekends. Hehe.

15. Unwinder

It took less time than I expected ;)

[​IMG]

16. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    First, thanks for the news and special thanks for you work.

I will only mention something about, this news. I'm not a miner, but this is one of the best news for me.
    I'm an engaged Folding@Home User, an on hot Days it is very Hard to let the GPU fold. I have no AC an the Room gets realy hot. With the maximum frequency at the lowest voltage, I can keep folding, even on very hot days, with a good performance.

I mentions this only, that this new option will not only help, selfish miners, but even an application in the good interested for all of us.

Thanks!

Unwinder likes this.
  17. Unwinder

Nice to see that at least someone besides miners finds it useful :)

18. Unwinder

I've already posted link to new RTSS 7.2.1 beta in different thread, duplicating it here as well:

· Fixed issue with the latest NVIDIA Adaptive Shading update of Woflenstein II: The New Colossus locking on startup. Please take a note that now Woflenstein II: The New Colossus is presenting frames from compute queue in NVIDIA codepath similar to AMD codepath. Due to that reason, On-Screen Display rendering is performance expensive and disabled by default in such environment. Experienced users, understanding and accepting On-Screen Display related performance penalty, may reenable it with PresentFromCompute profile switch
    · Improved On-Screen Display hypertext formatting implementation. Variable slot 250 is no longer used to define own statistics format, now it is allowing On-Screen Display client applications to redefine default text format. Such implementation allows the client applications like MSI Afterburner to edit default text color directly inside On-Screen Display layout editor
    · Added suspending support to VTable hook handlers. Suspending is used to improve reference counter tracking implementation and make it more future proof
    · Multilanguage user interface library is DPI aware now. Main window skinned interface is no longer being scaled by OS and no longer looks blurred by default when greater than 100% DPI is selected. Now main skinned window interface can be manually zoomed with skin scaling slider in “User interface” tab, and the properties are automatically scaled by OS according to selected DPI
    · Added On-Screen Display compatibility profile for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

ZAMHome, Vidik, DaRkL3AD3R and 7 others like this.
  19. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Like to thank you again , for trying out RTSS 7.2.1 build couple day's ago , the profile switch, did the trick .