MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
  2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I just got the Logitech G502 wireless mouse...... So far I am loving it. Doesn't have much RGB, just the G logo, but the battery life is stellar. Feels very comfy and smooth.

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    SteelSeries Sensei Ten arriving tomorrow, can't wait, never had one only razer, which i'm done with.

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The Sensei ten arrived, it's so comfortable can't wait to use it.:D

5. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Razer products feel cheap and do not last. I used to be a Razer fanboi too. Once my current Razer Deathadder mouse expires I'm going to grab the Logitech MX518. Delighted to see it return. It was a family favourite back in the early 2000's.

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Razer once again make decent mice. PTFE feet, optical switches, decent cords and sensors. Viper Mini is an utter bargain at $40 for example.

On paper, they have everything you will ever need, compared to for example Logitech. Logitech to this day refuse to use PTFE feet and they suffer from double clicking far too much. And they're cords leave a lot to be desired.

The perfect mouse for me still doesn't exist. I would kill for a G502 that is wireless and offers 80 hours of battery life, with PTFE feet and PBT shell. With a scroll wheel upgrade. All this at sub 80g weight. Razer Basilisk Ultimate is pretty close, but the battery life is no good and the weight is still too high, albeit lighter than the Logitech G502 Lightspeed.

The thing is, once you try a light wireless mouse, everything with a cord will feel clunky. Sure, you can paracord your mouse and buy a bungee, but then you're looking to spend some $40 on top of the base price and you'll still not get the comfort of the wireless mouse.

For me, right now, I'm kinda happy with the Logitech GPW. But I'll be picking up the GPW Superlight. Some 20g lighter than the current GPW with a smaller body, perfect. Hopefully more grippy.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    GPW shape is a bit to high for me. But I do hope they make a mini version of this:
    https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/glorious-model-o-wireless-matte-black

As for Razer, on the older Deathadders, the scrollwheel kept breaking for me, but the rest was always intact and still working. It was a mechanical failure, the structural support for the wheel wasn't strong enough. Not sure if they improved this over the years, one would expect that at least.

For me however the perfect mouse would be the old MX300 shape with a new 3360 or Hero sensor, wireless and sub 70g.

Not a fan of the G203 model, the sides are to slanted (V-shaped).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  8. thanhan

thanhan Guest

GPU:
    SSD
    Thx, and here's a free bump, lol :)

DannyD likes this.
  9. Benjamin Fazzio

Benjamin Fazzio Member

GPU:
    AMD RX550 4GB
    I am happy with my mouse, Microsoft Wheel Optical. It has an IntelliEye sensor which gives me pin-point accuracy with no pauses. I bought it not knowing it's hardware, I just did it for it's taillight.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    G903 Hero + Powerplay with G440 pad <3

Never have to even think about plugging in the mouse. Ever. And it's an awesome pad too. (Also comes with G240 cloth pad)

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I've ordered a Logitech G Pro X Superlight to replace my g700s. I reckon my fingers and wrist is gonna thank me, cause i can really feel the difference when i use a light might compared to the relatively heavy g700s.

Corrupt^ likes this.
  12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Only downside is that when you get used to such a low weight, everything else will suddenly feel way to heavy in case you ever have to change again :D

Dragam1337 likes this.
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    True, although I reckon logitech will continue to make those very light weight wireless mice, as they are very popular :)

14. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    A thousand times this.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Enjoying 25K dpi setting on my 4K displays with zero pointer acceleration. I can use my G440 mouse pad, and still navigate my screen / games easily. Also love the precise pixel movement control; no need for a Sniper button.

16. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    The MX518 is like having an aimbot. I love it. It's so good for large hands too. The buttons are in places that clumsy people like me don't hit all the time (unlike on the G 502, terrible button placements).

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Got my logitech pro x wireless superlight - i like it, but the buttons reqruire more force to click than i'd like. I have issues with the joints in my fingers, and would ideally like as close to zero resistance as possible... it has notably more button push resistance than my g700s. Ofc doesn't help that i have small hands, and that the mouse is too big (as all other gaming mice) for my hand, meaning my fingers dont reach the front of the buttons. But even so, in this regard it is worse than my g700s.

Got a logitech M100 that i use for work, and it honestly fits my hand much better... it is about an inch shorter than the logitech pro x wireless superlight, and has much less button resistance... but it is not wireless and fairly slow.

Edit : just measured them... the M100 is 10,5 cm long (eventhough it says 11,5 on the website) and the pro x is 12,5 cm long. So yeah, a fairly big size difference... why doesnt anyone make proper small gaming mice for people who dont have giant hands -_-

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  18. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I'll take it off your hands for $50 :)

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, cause if i dont intend to keep it, i will totally sell it to some random dude on the other side of the world for 1/3 of what i paid, rather than getting a full refund...

20. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Of course :)