Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, May 23, 2016.

1. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Just fyi:
    HEIDOC's ISO downloader has been updated a lot. Your link is still valid, but it isn't version 4.23, but 6.20 (!!!) ;):

Please note it asks you if you want to share unused ressources. That means it creates bitcoins or other stuff. I never activated it, but as you can read from the last sentences from the quote, it seems under some situations those who donate their CPU power get a link faster than those who don't.
    I haven't had problems with it so far, but you need some MS account for some editions (you have to be signed in to download).

EDIT:

AFAIK you are able to create a LTSB version out of the Enterprise EVAL version with some kind of "delta patch". But I do not know if this is legal, so i won't write any explanation on that topic. If you are interested in this topic, you may indeed visit MDL, but if those three letters ring a bell, I guess you already know how to proceed.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I know I have a USB with Windows 10 32/64bit and Home/Pro all in one. I forgot where I downloaded it.
    Is it possible to find the same all in one for Windows 7 32/64 with all editions? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    To enable all SKUs in Win 7 you either mod or remove the ei.cfg in the sources folder and it asks during install which SKU you want to install

For 32bit and 64bit on the same ISO that would have been a custom/homebrew ISO someone made

5. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    As @Extraordinary already said, 32bit and 64bit combined are always "homebrew" ISOs: ISOs made by some "non MS guy" in his garage, nothing official. I always tell everyone to keep them at a distance, because you never know exactly WHAT is included with them, and until you have a very high knowledge of Windows OS in general, you cannot determine exactly if all the creator did was adding updates or if some ... "unwanted update" is included as well. You will find out after install .. when it's "too late" and a malware MAY already be installed deeply into your system.
    If you want to create one for yourself, it is easier than you may think. Read a bit about the tool DISM and its functions. If you like it easy (= with GUI instead of command line), search for "DISM++" which you may find on mydigitallife forums for download.
    AFAIK and IIRC the Windows 10 installation is determined by entering the product key. Basically all editions are already there, you have to "select" one by entering the product key for its edition.
    A standard Win10 ISO should include:
    Home, Pro, HomeN, ProN (and Education I think, but not 100% sure)
    An enterprise ISO includes:
    Education, EducationN, Enterprise, EnterpriseN (and Pro I think, but I am not sure)
    By SVF patch you can get a LTSB out of an enterprise EVAL ISO (evaluation version ISO). The resulting ISO is the retail ISO, no EVAL.

To remove Win7 ei.cfg use some tool like WInRAR or 7-zip to open the ISO, search for EI.CFG in folder SOURCES and delete it. If burned to DVD or USB and install it, setup will have you select a version out of all available (Home Basic, Home Premium, Pro, Ultimate), but still using the pre-defined architecture (x86 only or x64 only, not both).

And why would you like to install 32bit Win10? Only 32bit CPU? :)

6. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
    I figured it out... I created both 32bit/64bit with the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website so its safe.

Yep. Old Netbook. Windows 10 works fine on it but it only supports 32bit.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    386SX likes this.
  7. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    there are some old 64bit AMD & Intel CPUs (from the mid-2000s) that lack the cmpxchg16b instruction set required to run 64bit Win10.
    https://superuser.com/questions/931...es-my-cpu-support-cmpxchg16b-prefetchw-and-la

for these ancient CPUs a 32bit/x86 Win10 would be fine but cannot run 64bit Win10.

any CPU beginning with Intel Pentium 4 6xx (Cedar Mill) series & AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Windsor) and greater can support Win10 x64.

note that the Windows ISO Download tool has been recently updated to v7.10, which can download the Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISOs.

386SX likes this.
  8. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    TBH: I didn't think any guru would still run a system this old and at the same time wants to update it with the newest Windows. (The more you know ... :))
    But thank you, from your post I got a few new ideas how to deal with some stuff.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  10. bbsmitz

bbsmitz Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9700 Pro
    This option no longer seems to be working. I'm getting "File is not available for download" for all the Windows 7 versions/editions that I've tried.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try the Ultimate SP1 version, that's working for me

Not my site so not in my control if it works or not

12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Yeah, because why not. Microsoft doesn't want people to cling to that "old" OS. They do everything and more to promote Windows 10, blatantly ignoring the desire of a stable, streamlined, honed to most productivity OS.

gpiddock likes this.
  13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    https://the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Windows 7/

fantaskarsef and bbsmitz like this.
  14. bbsmitz

bbsmitz Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9700 Pro
    Thanks, very helpful. Will probably chuck them a few bucks to support.

Yeah, I just figured I'd post about it in case you guys think it's worth making a note in the original post. Thanks again for your help.

Extraordinary likes this.
  15. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    version 8.08 of Windows ISO Download tool came out a few days ago :)
    https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool
    this new version can download any Win7 ISOs, even newly refreshed Win7 ISOs with Aug. 2018 cumulative update already integrated (however, the Aug 2018 win7 isos are in us english language only)

unfortunately, recent versions of the Windows ISO Download tool seem to be showing one pop up ad when the tool is launched :(

16. gpiddock

gpiddock Guest

GPU:
    1080i
    Any way to boost the download speed? It is only 100KB per second.

P.S how to make a bootable install USB after download?

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Open the ISO you download, copy everything onto a fat32 formatted USB drive with at least 4GB (or anything you got at hand bigger than this), stright under the volume no directories need to be created. You can always put other things on the stick as well like drivers in a seperate folder, that doesn't meddle with the installation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...esktop/install-windows-from-a-usb-flash-drive

18. gpiddock

gpiddock Guest

GPU:
    1080i
    The ISO file is over 4G with Windows 10 October Update 2018

19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Can Rufus be trusted still? most recent version creates a separate partition for UEFI:NTFS booting and states that secure boot needs to be disabled for it to be bootable. Their explanation amounts to that MS refuses to allow any thing produced in the process Rufus utilizes to be signed for secure boot purposes.

20. Trakky

Trakky Guest

GPU:
    I used to burn a 4G iSO file to a 16GB USB flash drive,everything was going well,with Free ISO Burner (2 years ago) i don't know if it can help now.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019