Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Now Preorder on Steam

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    GOTY

Even if not into flight sims, one must recognize the amazing technical achievement... the level of detail and precision of everything is simply astonishing !
    It makes any other "realistic" game look like children's toys.

SamuelL421 likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This can be fun for like 30min.

angelgraves13 and WhiteLightning like this.
  4. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC

5. cpy2

cpy2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ti 4600
    I can avoid using crappy MS store that is broken and not working 90% of time giving up random errors without way to fix them? Yes please STEAM ALL THE WAY BABY!

Picolete likes this.
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No real surprise about that. Was holding off on this just to get an idea of either how resource hungry or buggy the game actually was, yes I've played previous MS FS games, so was more than a little wary about what the TRUE specs needed to play it are going to be. Saying that I don't think my system will have any issues running the game at 1080p based on the info in that pic.

7. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    I highly doubt the 3070 will match a 2080Ti, that would be a 2070 + 50% performance uplift. Maybe the 3070 will match the 2080S.

IMO, the 3080 and 3090 (or 3080Ti, whatever it will be) won't shine at 1080p, as they will be CPU bound in most games, they will come into their own from 1440p onwards.

As for the simulators frame rate, I really hope that is just a result of the sim being in beta and using early drivers, for both Nvidia and AMD.
    I mean I'll have a little cry if I don't get 4k/60fps on a 9900k + 2080S ;)

8. AlRayes_BRN

AlRayes_BRN Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    9900k at 5ghz, 4266mhz 32gb ram, OC 2080 ti = between 45 - 60 fps in 3440x1440 ultra

9. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I wonder if having only 4 cores has something to do with the lowering the FPS on the 2080s

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thats pretty long even.

11. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    With those system specs needed and the price of game, it will be cheaper to take a real airline flight and just look out the window :D

MonstroMart likes this.
  12. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Haha Ive searched the youtube and found ObsidianAnts video called "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Performance & Graphics Settings" and I can tell you 2080ti 4k 60fps at ultra is DEFFO not happening, it had 30 fps while flying under the bridge at high... so. That performance is very poor. I hope it improves a lot.

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I hear that if you really want to play at a smooth framerate with Ultra Details (especially Textures) at 3840x2160, a video card with 11GB RAM won't quite cut it.
    Hopefully the next Generation of Video cards will have a minimum of 12GB of RAM, ideally more.

14. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Imagine they simulate a forest fire and you are tasked with water bombing it with either a DC-10 or CL-415, there is an idea :D

15. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Every time I see a post about MS FS all I think about is a remake of Combat Flight Sim... Just remake the game with modern HD graphics, it would sell a bucket load.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    +1
    That would indeed be something worth playing, recall using hours playing dogfights with friends.
    There are good alternatives nowadays, but CFS did kind of set the standard.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The store works every time though :eek:
    Using any apps to set Windows privacy settings, some anti virus which might block it or behind an ISP that messes it up?
    Else the official support to repair the store:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps

18. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    This might be the first game i purchase on microsoft store rather than steam.... microsoft store has shown to be very efficent on how it handles updates and installs so ill give it a try with flight sim 2020

19. Walter Beech

Walter Beech Guest

GPU:
    RTX
    Long time flight simmer and have been playing with the media review version. I have zero concerns about performance. And that is coming from a middle of the road GPU and fairly high resolution ultra-wide monitor. There are a ton of graphics options. I can seriously set everything to Ultra and then move 1 of the many sliders back from 100% to 85%. I see no visible difference, but my framerates double. Many other YouTube reviewers don't take time to learn the in's and out's and just assume it has to have a 2080 or better.

Some of the challenges are insanely fun (bush flying, landing challenge competitions, flight lessons, etc). The multiplayer aspect is a blast. Find someone on the map and join up formation on their wing, fly through mountain canyons, along riverbeds, land a float plane on a lake in Alaska, simulate dogfighting (no, you can't shoot). Has live traffic, so if you see an airliner fly over your house, chances are it is in the sim. Also has live weather, so if you want to go fly through hurricane Isaias in the Atlantic, go for it! Go fly over NYC, London, SFO, Rio, Hawaii, you name it. What they are doing with Azure and their partnership with a company called BlackShark.AI is amazing. It is what makes it possible to fly over your neighborhood and see your house, supermarket, etc, without downloading add ons. And the night lighting is some of the best I have seen. There will of course be bugs at release, but there is an active community submitting bug reports with plans for continued support and updates. Some cool things are still in the works, including VR support coming in Fall which will be amazing. And they are also releasing the software development kit (SDK) to the entire community for free at release. Only adding my 2 cents to this thread because I know a lot of gamers don't consider FlightSim on their radar. But worth checking out.

geogan and Mineria like this.