Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If only they were a huge company with enough money to hire someone with talent and vision to create something incredible...

2. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Same here. Hopefully they can patch some improvements during the way.
    Game looks stunning at times :banana:

Btw, anyone found a better sli bit for Mass Effect Andromeda? I use 0x080116F5 AFR, but got some slight stutters now and then.

3. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    maybe change the streamer or try it yourself before shatposting

https://imgur.com/a/3WYpG
    https://imgur.com/a/C88e8
    https://imgur.com/a/Dzi6h
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    She damn better be ashamed of the garbage she did.
    Also, cosplay. That's always a red warning light. These people should be locked in a basement.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Her portfolio begins with "I hate men". Between her and Manveer, Bioware must be where the diversity hires at EA go.

6. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Where do you see that?

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That vimeo link.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it shouldn't be her problem , the Quality check team should be the ones to blame in this mess

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It isn't QA's job to fix the Animation Lead's ****.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

yes but it's their job to check those animations on a weekly if not monthly bases whenever the director+producers have a meeting with the team

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Their job is to see it doesn't crash, block progress, or blow up consoles.

12. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    You obviously have no idea what QA's department role is.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i would like to know :)

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well if it works like Test Engineers in IT, it's nothing like you'd expect.

Test Engineers follow strict "cases" where they test if code or a program follows the right path when giving certain instructions.

Then again, perhaps the industry also needs to reconsider what they consider QA.

@Scoica

Looking at those screens, it seems there's a huge difference in quality depending on what settings (or system) people are running.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well... They do check if animations are broken and stuff like that. However... In this case, when thing just look bad but aren't broken, it's not really their job to interfere.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    But I don't want them to :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Guys, no matter how you cut it, the situation is ridiculous and the damage is done. The first impressions will be carved in our minds for years. It'll be remembered, for the wrongs reasons, just like ME3.

We're talking about BioWare, a name which from the moment ME3 was released, from the moment Inquisition was released and from now on will definitely NEVER be taken seriously anymore. If I was working at BioWare right now and I knew I'd have a decent chance to be hired somewhere else I would simply leave that company. Being associated with them in any way, shape and form would be a disgrace for me, being an animator or not wouldn't matter at all. I'd still quit them even if I was just the janitor.

They are supposed to have the means and talented / dedicated / experienced people working on their games. They're not a ****ty Indie studio that only wants to make a quick buck on Steam and then disappear off of the map. It's BioWare, but here I'm typing this as if the name actually meant something... it doesn't. We're making fun of them because they DESERVE it. You do NOT pretend to be a "big name" in the industry, work on a game for FIVE YEARS and then release a TURD like that for full price and then expect to remain in business and still be meaningful for gamers.

All of this was NOT supposed to happen to Mass Effect. It's MASS EFFECT we're talking about guys, c'mon! I'm so pissed about all of this. Right now BioWare AND the Mass Effect franchise is the laughing stock of the gaming industry. I bet even Indie studios are having a good time seeing all those sad-yet-funny Andromeda animations GIFs around. The ridiculousness started with ME3 and it's hopefully going to end with Andromeda. I'd LOVE to know what Casey Hudson thinks now that he's not working for them anymore. He's probably just laughing in silence, while probably also feeling sad inside somewhere since Mass Effect is pretty much his baby, his experiment, his 'greatest wish' at least at the time. Now he surely feels glad he left the ship in 2014 before it fully sank.

Who will, and who among us can still take this company seriously? Reflect on this question after seeing this mess. FIVE. YEARS, in development. Who cares if the maps look good when the characters have as much facial expression as a toaster, knowing that characters and their stories and voice acting and dialogue quality IS what ultimately matters in a Mass Effect game. You're not gonna do a loyalty mission for Habitat 7, you're gonna do a loyalty mission for Cora and you'll have her ugly expressions (or lack thereof) on your screen every damn time you'll want to interact with her. If there IS something that needs to be prioritized in a game like Mass Effect, or ANY BioWare game IS facial animation quality because we pretty much have character faces on our screen in those games the majority of the time! Including NPCs. WTF BioWare. WTF! It's a very good thing I'm not their boss, holy ****.

Don't any of you fellow gamers, consumers, feel like you're being taken for idiots here?! How do you feel when a company comes up your face like EA and BioWare are doing right now presenting a clearly unfinished product in a buggy mess state (even after FIVE YEARS) like this and actually ask you to PAY for it with a straight face? Don't you feel insulted?! No one?! It's all fine really? There's nothing wrong, let's move on? Is that it?

BioWare, ...yeah right, where is your credibility now. :puke2:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Original Bioware has gone long time ago. :)

Today's Bioware by EA its a sum of all fails.
    People still buy games form EA and Ubisoft and they never see what they done.

19. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Haha, I tweeted to the animation "expert" and she immediatelly blocked me from even opening her profile :D

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Snowflakes struggle with criticism.

I suspect that this is the result of meeting quotas instead of hiring the right person for the job. She was sorely unqualified when she was hired for the role, and I find it extremely hard to believe that nobody noticed the mess she was making over the course of 5 years. I refuse to believe she was the best off the bunch when Bioware were hiring for the position, they'd have been flooded with applications. Given her self declared man-hating status I'm going to assume she's also a crazed feminist type, her superiors were probably terrified to say anything in fear of her playing the victim card and accusing them of god knows what.