Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Could be that he's behind the UK time-wise, I'm not sure how Qatar stands time wise.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    actually UK are 3 hours behind Qatar !!!

it's not happening with me i tried a UK,NZ,AUS and Malaysia vpn's and nothing is coming up

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ah yes just got it now , turns out i needed to highlight the version i pre-ordered 1st in the game's store page

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Glad you got it sorted mate.

Keep us updated with your opinions, same with everyone doing the early access thing. I've very little hope at this point, but I'll ride it out until the end.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll post some impressions this weekend at some point, have a busy few days ahead.

kx11 and your fancy 11mb/s download speed, there's me sat here with 1.6mb/s :(

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    PC Gamer posted their initial impressions, and they are not good.
    The majority of the writers have said, that as of a couple hours in... they either hate it, are indifferent to it... or don't really care to continue playing.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh good, I might like it then.

8. Well I couldn't resist... downloading too. Dunno when I'll be able to actually play it though.

[​IMG]

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It hasn't been just them.
    The majority of feedback from the game so far has been pretty bad. A lot are saying the first few hours are.... bland and uninteresting. Bad writing, bad characters...

A few have said it gets better after that, but not by a lot.

And, the two hours of gameplay they showed... left a bad impression on me.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    yeah, they dont seem very impressed, link for anyone interested - http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/

I havnt been following this game tbh, loved ME1, ME2 to a lesser extent and ME3 i think was okish( end etc. ), but DA:I just turned me off Bioware completely, and i was a huge DA O fan.
    Of course the media praised DA:I with GOTY awards and what not but it was an absolutely terrible game and about a month after release online communities general consensus was that it was an okish/boring game, with tonnes of problems, meaningless fetch quests and just full of padding etc.

Maybe the press are trying to gain back trust? lol, i for one will never buy a Bioware game( or generally any EA game ) based on favorable online reviews anymore.

ill leave this here:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    fancy 11mb/s ??

dude my speed could go up to 100mb/s but i guess this game's server is under a big load

12. Cmon that is not just about BioWare. Nobody should buy ANY game just because it gets good reviews. I certainly wouldn't.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    here's what i think , this game needs a driver for Nvidia cards

the performance @ 4k is worse than i thought , couldn't keep it higher than 55fps and most of the time it dips to 40fps , some weird animation in conversations too like it's not as smooth as some other parts

also some textures/shadows pop out happening here and there

it's an alright game so far , beautiful graphics though

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Well as time passes i pay less and less attention to reviews, however if i think something looks interesting and reviews are decent enough i will buy it, but with DA:I, journalists/youtube's, pretty much everyone was in super hype mode so i decided to take a gamble on it, arrgghhh lol.

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I know what you mean, I'd sworn off Bioware games almost. There was such massive hype from people regarding DA:I that I took a chance and bought it, worst £50 I've ever spent. It was pretty enough to look at, but it was a terrible game. Felt like a single player MMO, there was nothing redeeming about it otherwise. It made DA2 look like a masterpiece.

16. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    So a few days ago I got a reply off a bioware employee saying that the game will run 4k ultra 60fps on my 1080ti.

Yea that is not happening.

17. He didn't say with what version, did he? :)

It's just a trial, I believe a few patches will improve performance. The graphics the game has is suitable for 4K@60 even on OCed 1080.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    haha, exactly, not only was it expensive but i was bored after 40 hours and decided it couldnt be that dull with all the hype etc. so i finished it after 114 hours, will never get that time back

19. Strong will... I stopped playing after exactly 40 hours. Still have it on HDD but I don't see a reason to get back to it.

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    In the days of Baldurs Gate I'd could never imagine saying that I'd not like a Bioware game. Currently downloading the trial to see what it's like. Hopefully it's decent. I probably won't buy it though. Bioware are a shadow of their former selves. It's like they came up for a formula for a game at the time was brilliant, but they have never evolved it. They have just stuck to the same thing over and over and it's become boring.