Major graphical artifacts with Overwatch and Firefox

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Homer2020, May 21, 2020.

1. Homer2020

Homer2020 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 6gb
    I have a new PC and monitor to replace my laptop. I got it through a Best Buy marketplace seller. So it’s iffy if I can get anything replaced.

Here: https://i.imgur.com/TGXxKFe.jpg is an example of what’s happening. Which happened about 40 seconds after I turned the graphic setting *down* and restarted the program. I was in a practice range and it happened after 30 seconds. It also started doing a similar thing in Firefox. But *only* Firefox. Less intense than Overwatch, but happens as I hover over any sort of link. I’ve tried Chrome and Edge, no issues whatsoever ever. I actually "fixed" firefox by turning off hardware acceleration, but don't think that really means fixed yet! I’m not entirely sure what hardware acceleration means. It was perfectly fine before I changed the settings though, both OW and Firefox. I’ve had OW looked fine for 10-20 seconds but then it all goes to crap again.

Destiny 2 and Skyrim both worked perfectly fine. Is there some connection between Firefox and OW in some way? Something they both use to run? I’m just not understanding why those two specific things. I can test more things if necessary.

I’ve tried: reseating the GPU, uninstalling windows, checking drivers, using a different port, using a different cord, using an entirely different type of port, a different monitor, different refresh rates, gsync on/off, vsync on/off, I’ve used a program to test vram with no errors and nothing worked.

I’ve used a benchmark tool, I’m it sure what a mosaic render is supposed to look like but they showed up weird like [this](https://i.imgur.com/FpGGNtM.jpg). But I don’t know what they’re supposed to look like, the scene before it looked perfectly fine.

It’s a Dell G5 with a RTX2060, i7 9700, BenQ XL2740 monitor, Dell G5 (5090) power supply 460 watts, and if you need to know anything else just ask.

What else can I try? Or am I returning this? Biggest issue is it’s an “open box” deal. So I’m basically praying the Best Buy seller doesn’t dick me over. Is worst case I need to buy a new GPU?

Thanks!

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    cards bad.

sykozis likes this.
  3. Homer2020

Homer2020 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 6gb
    why is it only affecting two things though... if that’s just how things are then I should be getting this fixed or replaced or something then eh?

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    was video drivers recent changed? if that happens in every game, then I might thing bad gpu seeing when it gpu it happens everywhere and in every game, but if only in certain games and or firefox and drivers were change recently I would think drivers. could also be failing ram on gpu, cause that will cause such issue too, though in "my" experience that gonna be accompanied but TDR and the screen going black

firefox still tends to have issue with hardware acceleration imo

5. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Like already said, card is probably bad. Have you tried lowering the clocks it to see if it changes anything? Had similar problems on previous video cards and it turned out to be bad VRAM. Also 460 watts to power the system seems a tad low, don't know if lack of power could cause this issue though...?

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm with Astyanax here... Just went through that last night with my son's 1660Ti..... In fact, just had him look at the first image and he said it looks like what his 1660Ti was doing....