Looking for new Case

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by X7007, Jan 4, 2013.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Hi,

I just bought 7970 and it doesn't fit to ThermalTake Shark, i tried cutting the box and bend it, nothing work, i had a problem even with 480GTX but i managed to get it in, now i am lost cause the box is ruined and i need new one urgent for tomorrow.

Do you have suggestion for new case, not expensive, should have plenty of room for HDD SSD or whatever, and even when the GPU in i still have access to RESET CMOS, so nothing intterupt. and if it's possible to have a Bay so i can put the mobo on it and slide it in, but not really important.

Prefer Full Tower Aluminum.

Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Sapphire 7970 Dual-X
    8GB Ram G.Skill

Thanks

the one that i thought are

CoolerMaster CM Storm TROOPER Black ATX Case
    Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Full Tower Series Black Case

They all same price, but have alot of different status and settings.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Just a suggestion (I've always thought they look nice) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146067
    Based on whatever case you like, I'm sure there's probably a review out there that will tell you how big of a gfx card it can fit.

The only thing I have to say, is that you may want to shy away from the removable motherboard trays. At least for me, when I had one it was impossible to use that feature once the heatsink was on. Some cases may be designed better but I've never really seen the need for one.

3. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming