Looking for games for a girl

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Liranan, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I am looking for games for my 12 year old gamer daughter.

Games she enjoys:
    COD I, II, IV
    Serious Sam
    Diablo II
    Adventure games like Wallace and Grommit, Treasure Island (simplified Riven)
    Has the stomach to play Deadspace, something I don't (I'm weak)

Games she dislikes/bore her:
    Torchlight
    COD V (loves the zombie part, though)
    Strategy Games

I am not interested in installing Crysis on her PC, not because she can't run it but because I dislike the game and it won't be that beautiful on her 8800GTS 320 anyway.

What I'm looking are not too complicated games in those genre's. She's tried COD V but asked the same question I asked "WTF is this ****?". I am not interested in getting COD VI. Deadspace is scary, at least I think it is, but it's a simple game and is simple to play. I haven't tried Batman yet but will when I can be arsed.

The little rat will be most greatful to you Guru's for helping her out.

2. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Mass Effect 2(it's rated M, just letting you know) maybe? Everything is very easy to learn and the whole game is pure awesomeness.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    does she like puzzle type adventures, the wife loves the CSI games( cant see the appeal myself but hey, horses for courses ), just throwing it out there :)

4. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    There's an expansion or twelve for Civ 4 if you don't already have them (Beyond the Sword is the best of those).

Colonization (Sid Meirer's) very similar to Civ, as far as controls... set in early America. It's not nearly as in depth as Civ4, but nice change.

*On a side note, gather your strength for the day that she starts asking boys what games she should play... instead of her Daddy. Just getting to that part myself!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    What an excellent statement, so you won't let her play a game because you find it boring, and it won't look pretty.

How about an RPG for something time filling?

Or a civilization game as suggested?

Or a construction sim (simcity, rollercoaster tycoon, blah blah)?

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't care what anyone has to say about this, but Sonic Heroes is the ****. Go for that.

7. superweapons

superweapons Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Core 216
    Agreed. Mass Effect 2 is the game to get since she seems to be good with shooters and RPGs. ME2 excels in both of those genres. The game is brilliant and runs well.

8. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Maybe some RPGs. KOTOR or Jade Empire, which she might love.

Plants vs Zombies for example is a ton of fun. Might as well explore some other games from PopCap.

Farm Frenzy is a simple game but it's also very addictive, I played it on my phone and loved it.

If she doesn't mind playing older games, maybe MDK2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Black & White, Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonauts...

And well, girls do love The Sims. I heard the expansion adds some kind of adventure/rpg gameplay.

On a side note, I'm not a parent so I shouldn't give advice, but maybe you should try to keep her away from violent games, at least until she's a bit older. :)

9. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Both mass effect games, for sure.
    You can try fallout 3, but that would be a hit or miss, it's good, but she might get bored.
    There are a few mods that i cant currently think of, that would really help. One increases spawn rates of monsters, and adds more monsters in general. Also get all the DLC's. At very least broken steel.

You might dislike crysis, but she might like it, my daughter likes it alot more than i do.
    You'll have to turn the texture settings down, but crysis on low-medium, is still a beautiful game.

The Cronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena, the one that has both games, using the second games engine. And then convince her to play the first game first.
    The game play is good, the graphics are decent, and if you're not a follower of jack thompson, you probably wont have to much problem with the adult themes of the game, my kid played it and shes roughly the same age.
    (she used a cheat trainer though)
    And if she doesn't like the game, she'll at least like the main character and how hunky/badass vin diesel is. I sure did.

Edit:
    How can i forget this.
    Half life 2 and EP1 and EP2. Oldies but goodies. They look good, they play good, they are excellent games, a little scary at times, but nothing overkill, and the game changes from area to area, it doesn't repeat to much.

10. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    Beyond Good and Evil might be one to look into. It's a few years old but it has a good mix of gameplay and a decent story.

11. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    She loves the Sims and spends a lot of time playing Sims III. Civilisation is too complicated for her and too boring, she wants action without having to click and micro-manage. DOA is also too complicated, too many choices which she doesn't care about.

Chronicles of Riddick, CSI are also too complicated, as is Fallout 3.

I am looking into Mass Effect for both of us.

I'm not interested in Crysis because I don't see it relevant, it's not the one and only game in the world.

I'm after more simplistic games which offer fun, instant gratification but aren't too simplistic to make her feel like she's 6.

That would be excellent training for more difficult games, I'm going to see if I can find where I put the game.

12. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
  13. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Mirror's Edge might be pretty exciting and doesn't have much violence or sex. I would suggest The Sims 3 but it would probably be boring even for a 12-year-old.

You might try World of Warcraft if you're willing to pay a monthly fee for a terrible game. She would probably like it though.

14. DeadlyDevil666

DeadlyDevil666 Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 GTX / Palit / 512mb
    Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

Butters likes it...

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

16. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    She will definately love No One Lives Forever 1 and 2. I love Kate Archer.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    dark messiah,orange box, bioshock,
    tombraider,prince of persia

18. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    • Braid
    • Batman Arkham Asylum

She enjoyed COD:MW, but you are not interested in getting COD:MW2 :confused:

19. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    C&C 3 :D very fun to play

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Batman AA most def.
    No one lives forever 2 (hiding & shooting parts, and she can play a female char)