Kerbal Space Program

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ralph, Dec 11, 2012.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Finally made something that Works xD

Buggy / Lander Combo with the ability to reconnect and take off again... It's not perfect... but I'm slowly getting there..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Love the buggy, how do you ensure the docking ports match up? Is the magnetic effect of the ports enough to lift the buggy in to the right position?

Anyway redesigned the Eelooprise, made it lighter and designed to shed unneeded parts during the journey so it now has a much better TWR, if anything it should use far less fuel to get there. The resuce ship is called the Eexcelsior.

3. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Messing around with what I've called Hermes class ships. The one in these shots is a smaller but easier to launch version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The original prototype I've hidden from the Krussians in a 3000m retrograde orbit around the Mun.

[​IMG]

I've also got infrastructure in place for easy Duna landings, the KSS Andromeda. At the top is one of my Kethane miners which lands on Ike, refuels and returns to the station acting as a fuel tank till it is near empty and returns to Ike.

On the sides are two of my MOTV-2ER which are used to shuttle between Kerbin and Duna. The new Hermes class ships will take Kerbals out to Jool and back.

The lander below also uses Kethane to generate the fuel to return to orbit, it must land on Kethane to be able to return. The only plan for rescue would be to send another empty lander to the nearest Kethane deposit with a buggy to drive out to where the stranded Kerbals are and pick them up.

[​IMG]

Before leaving Kerbin.

[​IMG]

Sending down the lander.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  4. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    This game is great, but after last update (0.20.2.186) game runs like crap. Launching things up became almost impossible for me. Every time i have camera pointing on a planet FPS goes below 5. Before update i never went below 50 fps no matter how big station i had on screen.

5. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Iam stuck I can get to Eeloo bit I can't get back. The more fuel I carry the more thrust I need to make aspect changes thus using more fuel. I end up at Eeloo with roughly the same amount of fuel weather I use one max tank or three tanks using four nuclear engines on both ships.

I am messing around with Ion / Xenon engines but frankly they seem just useless in this game, they have no thrust what so ever so any aspect changes will take forever not that that matters because they require what can only be described as a stupid amount of electric power to do anything.

Last option is a midway refuelling station. The planet Jools (think that's how it's spelt) I could get the Eelooprise or Eexcelsior designs of ship to those locations with a decent amount of fuel left over to set up a refuelling stop.

Didn't think the mission to Eeloo was going to turn in to quite an operation to get those daring explorers back.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Have you tried hopping from gravity well to gravity well using Hohman transfers? Should save you a decent bit of fuel even if you only gravity burn at a planet or two (really, only one has to be in line).

As for my progress in this game, I've been busy. Landed a rover on the mun, then landed Jeb, then got him lost in orbit (after a failed docking attempt with the orbiting station), then I sent an entire new rocket to collect him, finally landing safely on kerbin, lol. I also made a fairly realistic communications satellite that constantly has its dish pointed at the surface.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    @S3nt3nc3.. Are you using Mods? Specifically "Subassembly Saver Loader"? That will create huge lag now because it is unsupported.. you can get a fix for that however.. I am using it with the fix and I can confirm the game is very smooth.

Start from Fresh, make a new save, make new craft.. And does it still lag then?

@The Laughing Ma.. That is what the little jump jets are for, I align it, then set the attachment point as target then jump up a little with the jump jets.

I measured it first on the launch pad with just the top part and the buggy before putting the lifter rockets underneath it.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You could send two ships there... one an Unmanned Fuel Tanker, the other your main ship... create it for getting there, then refueling from the tanker.. then returning.

9. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    I'm using quite a lot of mods but i tried without them and it still runs like crap.
    My GPU is on fire when i look at Kerbin, constant 100% GPU usage and 5 FPS.
    When i stare at empty space everything goes back to pre patch state = 120 FPS capped in settings and GPU usage @ 40% max.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Oh you guys! You made me buy it. Looks fun :)

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its not actually. Void of any real substance and after playing it for a week, im cant say im too impressed with the blackhole now left in my wallet. The Mrs was like a Lunar-tic when she found out that i payed money for this.

*The above is a lie, as I am a Trolliminal, shout out if yo see any Trolliceman.*

12. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    If you aero-capture at Jool then go from there you can save quite a lot of delta-v. This way most of the cicularisation to match Eeloo is done for free and the capture at Eeloo will be easier.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Aww don't break my fun. I'm so bored with games these days... I'm patiently waiting for next-gen.

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    [​IMG]

Taken from a very high orbit around Jools. Started off as a rescue vessel planned to orbit hope to Eeloo but saw fairly early that that wasn't going to happen so decided to turn it in to a midway refuelling station. Just means I have to rescue the pilot on board that as well.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    [​IMG]

Woo, I don't totally suck at this game! This whole mission went bad because I overwarped time twice and missed two maneuvers by like 30 minutes. So now the orbiter has no fuel. Have to send another rocket to get these guys and the guy on the orbiter. I also managed to land perfectly on a hill in the dark with no bouncing or flipping; I'm quite proud of that.

Also, I don't know how to resize images from steam cloud, so don't get mad.

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Working on something new. The Kerbels stuck in the deep of space can wait decided to build a star carrier. I give you the Herculoo.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab347/laughingman09/Herc1_zps9f6e7a7e.jpg

Basic structure going in

[​IMG]

Habitation, fuel pods and systems along with more structure

[​IMG]

Left side outer hull plating going on.

[​IMG]

Right side plating and dock plating in

[​IMG]

Full dock plating in along with 10 internal docking ports.

Need to get the habitation and drive section plated

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Damnit, I learnt all of Kepler's laws in university and I still suck.

Time to get the pencil and graph paper out.

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Haha I finally reached the moon, but I was landing on the dark side and I couldn't see ****. My ship hit the ground hard but cockpit survived. Unfortunately I didn't have trusters on the cockpit so it was free falling toward the moon, slowly. Astronaut died :(

Fun game lol

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I can confirm that this is the most addictive game I have ever played.

If you like playing with Lego or Meccano or whatever building type toys you had as a kid, you will enjoy this video game, it is both challenging to learn and rewarding when you achieve something special.

@Wanny/// Been there... done that... xD

Also try going, ohh I'll speed up time so I can get closer to the surface of the moon.. "Speeds Up Time".............. Hits moon..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Can someone link me to a better tutorial about building spacecraft, I'm not getting the hang of it...