Intel Core i7 8700K 6-Core Coffee Lake And i5 8400K Spotted in SANDRA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    airbud7 likes this.
  2. claydough

claydough Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    supercool...
    Now that yer forcing a new chipset on me, jes gimme mo lanes 2 go with them corez and i'll be a mindless shill fer Intel fo at least 3 years! ( I promise with ink dipped in blood... same az last time right? )

3. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    Nice.

Let's see now if Intel learnt one thing or 2 about pricing.

4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I am interested if they managed to improved or at least keep IPC.

5. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    This is what Skylake already should have looked like. I'm glad AMD finally gave Intel the much needed kick in the butt.

claydough likes this.
  7. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Way to go Intel you have made redundant your i5 7640X, i7 7740X & your i7 7800X before they even get into peoples hands since they processors are more expensive and on a significantly more expensive platform. Coffee lake wasn't due out till 1st half of 2018 and has been pushed up nearly half a year. Looks like the original delay was due to lack of competition and not because the product wasn't ready.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well that is opinion, because fact is those processors are selling. Cost or not. No sides here just looking at facts from Newegg and Amazon. Would I? No. But those people who did have bought future-proof systems. There is nothing wrong with the 7740X or 7800X. They will eat up games. Gotta realize....a gamer will want what performs best in games. Gotta know whats under the hood like a car. Ryzen can handle games sure, but 7740X will still eat up Ryzen in Games alone. So if that is what someone will do, they will buy it.

Myself, I am looking at the i7 8700K. Mainstream 6 core like that? Yes, I'll take it. That performance is what we have been wanting. It can achieve a 50% increase over the i7 7700k or more OC'd. Intel was able to make something happen in response to Ryzen with the 7700X etc. That is competition, that is what we needed in the CPU segment.

So hopefully AMD and Intel both can still do just that in the coming years. AMD finally has something going, as long as they stick to it and not try something crazy for a while that nobody supports through architecture and Instructions.

9. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Mate, the delays companies in such scale as Intel push make them million or billions. When they don't need to release the best they got, they departmetalize it and slowly releasing it while milking people. This can't be more obvious. You would do the same. By the way, can't wait for the legendrary i5 8600K with 6C/CT. Fortunately never cared about hyperthreading. Also, leaked prices -if true- say the 8600 at 350$... A bit expensive. Only the i5 8400 will have 215$.

10. DDRSAM

DDRSAM Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia 1070 8gb
    I don't plan to build another PC till March 2018 so this just makes me super excited for how good Ice Lake is gonna be. That's where Intel should truly try and go for the kill against AMD

11. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Its the first time i am running Sisoft sandra in a couple of years, but if my numbers are right, these new chips are still up against the R7 1700 Ryzen.
    If correct this is far from legendary.

12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That 50% increase is in multithreading performance - I think single-threaded performance increase is about 10%, some of it due to higher clock speeds. Unless you run a lot of multithreaded apps, a 8700K won't add much over a 7700K. Also, based on leaked pricing from a Canadian retailer, the 8700K looks to be priced about the same as a 7800X, which is also a 6C/12T CPU. In other words, a mainstream 6-core Intel CPU is already here, it's just that people don't talk about it for some reason.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Because the 7800x is a flop at gaming. Getting beaten by the 1500x is some games. The die is an 8 core conected by a ringbus and two cores are dissabled. This is causing latency issues between cores. Leading to issues with gaming performance.

The 7820x does not have this issue BTW.