How to disable core downclocking?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Kulagin, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    I'm using Adrenalin 2019 19.7.1 drivers, R9 280X card. When there's not enough load on the GPU, it downclocks core clocks to 500 Mhz. Here's a screen of browsing:
    [​IMG]

How do I make it to not downclock and always use Max clock I set? I disabled ULPS in Msi:
    [​IMG]
    Rebooted PC.
    It still downclocks.

Please help, thanks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
  3. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    Thanks, I just tried it and it doesn't work for me. I think I did setup it right the way it wants:
    Upd. Ok, managed to make it work by changing blocking method to combined:
    [​IMG]

PS Oof, another process running in the background, like other 200 launchers, updaters, crash handlers, activators, background services etc. wasn't enough [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    A2Razor likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You need to flash moded bios with Vbe7 and set p states to their maximum. Card will not downclock again.

A2Razor and Kulagin like this.

5. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    This is definitely the way to do it if the goal is for the card to never-downclock. ClockBlocker, YAP, and other software solutions are mostly for when risk of voiding warranty isn't acceptable or where you wish to maintain selective power saving when not gaming, or for cards where a vbios mod isn't possible.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Undying likes this.