high latency in windows 10 1909

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by nevy, May 28, 2020.

1. nevy

nevy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti
    i started experiencing high latency issues recently and i checked latency mon.any way i can maybe lower these?

Attached Files:

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    There are no high latency records in your screenshot.

3. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    You didn't show Latencymon results, all you did was post your drivers tab.

4. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Also, remember that "bad" latency is if you constantly is if you get spikes over 1000 after 30 seconds or 1 minute on the Latencymon test. If you get 200-300 spikes, its not bad, its not optimal, but it won't interrupt anything in your computer. You can get way lower by disabling services and tweaking the system, but if your games are smooth, then don't worry about it.

5. Keep seeing this "Latencymon" pop up in various threads; I guess I need to educate myself on whatever it monitors. I mean obviously some type of latency...

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DPC and Interrupt Service Request latencies.

Often causes the pathological disorder known as "ignorant end user" when they post to reddit claiming everyone is affected by something and it turns out to be faulty hardware

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  7. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Latencymon is a program aimed to diagnose audio dropouts on a PC and programs related to audio creation. It's a reference, not a full of PC health tool. It can diagnose if any driver on your PC is having a "long execution time", thus causing latency; which could translate into audio pop-outs in YT or even stutter in games. The thing is that in the program, you should only worry if the program itself says it to you, if not, then there is not a problem. "Normal" high latency is not bad and yes, there are way to make it lower, but it you are not even having stutter at any game, then don't bother with this.

Latencymon has become a "signature" benchmark tool by Youtube Windows "tweakers" and they just guess if the bars are very low, its good, they don't even know what any of this means or represents.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.