HD5770 Saphire Vapour X (OC edition) problem, please help :(

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by axeten, Apr 28, 2010.

1. axeten

axeten Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6870 OC Edtion
    Hi all,
    Below is what i posted in the 5770 thread but no reply. Can someone please give me some suggestions of what to look at or do? I have currently installed the 10.4b drivers that were mentioned in another thread but still get some random blue screens every few days.

2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    update Vbios also what does the BSOD say is the cause as i was getting them from an MS update that changed this file ( dxgmms1.sys ) MS's recommendations is to remove the update and hide it if it tries to d/l and install again, but to do this you must have windows update set to d/l updates but notify you about installing then all you do is hide the specific update::>>> Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB977074)

Download size: 1.5 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

This is a reliability update. This update resolves some reliability issues in Windows 7. By applying this update, you can achieve better reliability in various scenarios. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977074

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com

3. Nono06

Nono06 Guest

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    Could you be more precise on the message you get when a BSOD happen?
    (Turn off the automatic restart in windows options)

This can come from another part in your config even if, with the 8200, it was working fine. (maybe less in heat in your PC box for example)
    The BSOD message can help to identify the origin of the problem.

Then, to be sure that the CPU <-> memory link is OK, I would recommend to run memtest+ (at least 1 full pass, 2-3 is better).
    Run OCCT for at least 30 min (1hour recommended) with "small data set" configuration. If it is OK then try the "large data set" option.

If everything is OK then we can look at the GC case.
    Run Furmark or Kombustor test for at least 30min (or more)
    If it is still OK then there is high chances that your problem is software related (bad driver, conflicts with another app)

4. axeten

axeten Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6870 OC Edtion

Thanks guys,
    I have changed to not auto restart when i get the BSOD. I have also uninstalled that update.
    I will get a photo nexxt time the blue screen occurs as well as run the memtest and other test programs.

I did the Vbios but it was already the one i had. Where do i get the latest one? what is the latest version? My card was only purchased 2 months ago so it may have the latest already.

Will let you know how it goes,
    Thanks again
    Alex

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010