having an animation that would show the effect of each setting

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by ataxy, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ataxy

ataxy Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 275 1gb
    This is just an idea that i am pitching would it be possible to have a small rendering that would change each time you change a setting in rt so that you can see how much it effect the image quality mostly, something similar to the nvidia logo spinning in the nvidia comtrol panel, i know there is allready a text description of the setting by clicking on the "?" but as they say an image is worth a thousand words.

I would like to know the user and the creator point of view on the idea, if there is allready a way of doing this let me know as loading a game each time to see the effect of each setting is a bit weird while seeing the change as you do it can really help you grasp the effect of each setting

2. whismerhill

whismerhill Guest

GPU:
    RTX2070 8GB
    lol rivatuner ain't aimed at the basic user who needs images ...

it's an advanced tools for advanced users and in my point of view it's just a waste of developper time, plus it could actually make rivatuner a bigger & more ressource intensive program which isn't that nice when you think of it

3. ataxy

ataxy Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 275 1gb
    Well i totally agree with you that as it is it mostly appeal to a limited audience, but since alot of novice user try it out, it could help new user in there understanding of such a software and and the effect it as on image quality and performance, as for it making it use more resource, as it is now rivatuner uses ~7mb of ram and with more and more computer having 2, 3 and even 4gig of ram as default i doubt that even if rivatuner would use 14mb so that it would have a small animation module would make it a huge resource hugger also the amount of memory used by the animation module would mostly be used by rivatuner when the animation would be used if you close the animation window then this mem would be freed.

anyway that was just an idea.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008