Gigabyte To Announce WHQD Gaming Monitor at CES, 10-bit, 144 Hz and FreeSync

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. 999Anticlock9wiSe

999Anticlock9wiSe Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    Its time for wendel to get that hacked nvidia driver uploaded so people can avoid being scammed even more than they are now.

3. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    I just bought the Samsung 27" CHG70 HDR gaming monitor there last week! Still, IPS is expensive and I'm happy with what I got, especially the price. We'll know more when this monitor is actually released and at what price point.

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Rev 1.0 as advertised;
    Rev 2.0 stealthily gets rid of 10bit panel.
    Rev 4.0b 1080p 75hz panel.

carnivore, RzrTrek, Neo Cyrus and 2 others like this.

5. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    :)) Good one !

6. Jumbik

Jumbik Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 N+
    Hopefully we will see some real quality panels for good price in near future. Still waiting for some proper OLED ones.

7. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    27", freesync (2?), 2560x1440, 144Hz, ips, not curved... the display i've been waiting for, just perfect. Now make it 250-450 euros and i will order it as soon as it hits shelves. Two big hardware shopping plans for me for this year: navi gpu and this display.

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    well freesync is no brainer to implement with the adaptive sync becoming standard and freesync being free .... there is no reason not too .

carnivore likes this.
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    oooooo kay...

reading the tea leaves of this monitor...
    insufficient backlighting.

if it is a true 10 bit monitor, Gigabyte must've not felt comfortable (i.e. blooming? design parameters for depth of chassis? etc...) with the brightness requirements for full HDR, or to even certify it as a lower HDR rating.

on the other hand, if it is a true 10 bit panel then the colors should be very, very good. granted that the best place for HDR content is the p.c./internet, there is a growing fondness in gaming. if the price comes inline with ViewSonic or Dell non-HDR wqhd sets, this could be a winner.
    but i'd want all the mod-cons on a new monitor.

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I was going to say review samples will be as advertised then the retail product will be a 1080p TN, but yeah, we all know what those sons of whores do.

They usually cut to the chase and frack the product right on revision 2. Paid $100 more than similar products for that better power delivery system on the motherboard? Too bad for you, it's revision 2, no 8 phase power delivery for you, just 2 with doublers. Enjoy.

If you're wondering what they do to video cards, aside from the obvious which is swapping the RAM to garbage reject samples that can't OC, and using crappier capacitors; they use crappier fan components that are louder, and have with lower life expectancy. The most their reps would admit to me is that there's something "different" about the "PWM of the fans". That was their revision 1.1 of the most expensive GTX 970 available. Disgusting.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Corbus likes this.

11. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    After watching/seeing my OLED TV, I do need OLED/mLED only now. TN/IPS sucks.

12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Is it just me or there are more FreeSync monitors being announced than G-Sync? Not complaining or anything, but just an observation. Maybe because AMD's upcoming GPU lineup looks promising?

13. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Hasn't that always been the case though?

The vast majority of displays out there that support some form of variable refresh support Freesync over G-sync at least and that's been true for a while.

I don't think this tells us anything about AMDs coming cards one way or another, only that Freesync displays (being cheaper to produce and buy) sell better overall.

14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Oh yeah, I agree, there has been always more FreeSync displays than G-Sync, but this CES seems to be heavier on FreeSync displays than it has been in the past. Hopefully AMD does announce promising GPUs to go with these new displays.

15. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Now that we know Nvidia is going to support VESA Adaptive Sync going forward that might also have played a part. :)

16. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I just read about that! Exciting stuff!