Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 8G (GV-N206SWF2OC-8GD)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AndreiCE, Oct 29, 2019.

1. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    Hello.
    A small introduction
    I’m a wheelchair user my diagnosis sounds Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA); and for quite some time my dream was to get a good graphics card, (since I spend most of my time at the computer) I worked (freelanced) and about for 8 months I saved up on a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 8G (GV-N206SWF2OC-8GD)
    at the beginning of my joy there was no limit, until I started the first game, after playing for 10 minutes, the temperature of the video card rose to +83-84 degrees. the fans operate at 100% but this does not help her to cool down. I asked my father and he took off the side door of the case, but that doesn’t help either. at the beginning I thought that the problem lies in my components, but by googling I found a lot of reviews from those who bought the same model of the video card, they also have temperatures around 83 and some reach 88.
    I just can’t understand how a $ 460 card from a famous brand like Gigabyte can be of such poor quality or can it be a marriage?
    In any case, help me figure out what to do with it.
    I tried to write in support of a gigabyte and that’s what they answered me
    " Hello.
    This is the normal operating temperature for the video card. Problems during its further operation should not arise.
    10/28/2019 20:45 "

P.S. Sorry for such a messy story, it’s just a lot of money for me, and I don’t want the card to burn out from overheating in a month or two.

2. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    My first question. How is the airflow in your case? If you take the case door off...will it help keep the card cooler? Does your case door have a place for a fan? Sounds like you may have airflow restriction. I also recommend downloading MSI Afterburner and setting a fan curve.

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/[Guru3D.com]-MSIAfterburnerSetup462Build15745.zip

I have a 2080 TI and never see temps like that...because I have two good intake fans on my Corsair Obsidian 750D and a good rear exhaust...the balance keeps the air flowing. With Afterburner, I set my fan curve to look like this:

[​IMG]

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    What are the specs of the rest of your system, is it custom built or purchased from a company? Particularly what kind of power supply are you using?

4. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    Motherboard Asus P8H77-V
    CPU Intel Core i7 3770
    RAM Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3/4GX 4x4 1600Mhz
    CPU FAN Deepcool LUCIFER K2
    CASE Aerocool PGS vs w9 in the fan case 3, front 1 Deepcool GamerStorm GS120 4pin, back 1 Deepcool GamerStorm GS120 4pin, door 1 Deepcool GamerStorm GS120 molex1900rpm.
    Power Supply FSP PNR ATX 600 about 3 years
    Hard disks
    Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB102 about 2 years
    WD BLUE WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 about 5 months
    Reeinno FR256GB S1S3 (223 ГБ)SATA-III about 5 months WIN10
    I also played around with setting the curve in msi afterburner, and after adding new Deepcool GamerStorm GS120 fans, the temperatures hardly hold 80"C. Without setting the msi afterburner, the temperature is also 83" C
    [​IMG] photoshop online

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

5. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
  6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I'm not sure if the second revision would make a difference, at least for the GPU part.
    About the temps, I have the same card and have around 78-80C maximum.
    You can try to repaste GPU. But I don't find these temps too high. You could get three fan version, it does not cost much more than this version.

AndreiCE likes this.
  7. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    what is your core frequency at a temperature of 78-80 "C? what is your speed for fans with such a temperature. I had video cards from asus strix and there the temperatures did not exceed 70" C and therefore I am worried about this
    Yes, I already managed to regret that I did not take the version with three fans, they were $ 60 more expensive. the same version cost me $ 460-480. Do you have a version with 2 or 3 fans?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  8. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    This review seems to show that your temperatures are not unusual:

Perhaps try to improve airflow in your case or even rig up a fan to blow air directly at the card.

AndreiCE likes this.
  9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Two fan version.
    I'm using Vsync and maximum fps is 75.
    I found that having more than 70% speed on a FAN does not have any effect on temp at all.
    ASUS STRIX cooler was always better performing and also cost much more than windforce cooler, especially two fan version.

EDIT.: as southamptonfc showed, temps are normal, it's only two heat pipes after all for GPU. If you want better temps, use better thermal paste or buy 3rd party cooler.

10. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    two fans blow directly onto the card, one from the front and one from the side door of the case blows it. both at 120mm

11. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    in the end, 79 degrees after 45 minutes of playing the witcher 3 at 100-130 fps, I think I'll stop there,
    maybe in the future if the temperatures increase still I will transfer it to water cooling

12. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    again 81-82 "C

13. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    who can tell what PCB is in the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 8G (GV-N206SWF2OC-8GD). if you can discard her photo.

14. Tj Max for the RTX 2060 & or Super's gpu is 88 degrees Celsius. Your video card should increase fan speed tremendously and or throttle clocks before reaching that temperature.

If this is not the case check the following GIGABYTE support URL: (We're focusing under the BIOS portion)
    Version F2 & F3 vary depending on your card far as I recall; you can consult with a tool like (GPU-Z) to verify which one your card is currently using to know which tool to start with.

Said tool (F2/F3) will update your VBIOS in attempts to resolve your current situation. (This will not void your Warranty) This will update the firmware on your video card (if it isn't current) with any fixes, patches that GIGABYTE engineers have released to resolve known-problems on their video cards.

If your issues persist after updating your VBIOS; irregardless of what GIGABYTE customer support states, write up as detailed a report as the character limit will allow you in a Warranty RMA form & send your video card back to GIGABYTE explaining it is overheating.

Best of luck - ask if ya have questions :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2019
    AndreiCE likes this.
  15. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    it only heats up to 80-83C with 100% fans, then I just did not look at temperatures,
    I play no more than an hour. Yes, it throttle clocks off frequencies up to 1800 and sometimes up to 1750.
    I don’t know how to determine the BIOS version so I took a screenshot of GPU-Z,
    [​IMG]
    and this is the curve setup in msi afterburner
    [​IMG]
    I tried to write a support of a gigabyte,
    and they told me there that such temperatures are quite normal,
    I did not even know about the new BIOS.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

16. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    wrote in support of gigabytes about the BIOS
    Hello.
    We do not recommend updating the BIOS for no reason. This will not change the temperature of the video card.

17. Checking all of it now...

Thanks for that GPU-Z shot that really helped figure things out - alright here's the result:
    Card appears to be rev. 1.0 - BIOS F2
    Which would mean if you do decide to proceed with GIGABYTE's VBIOS update tool (Their own tool mind you) in attempts to see if it resolved any thermal related issues with rev 1.0 of your card (such as modifications to the fan curve / profile etc) this would be the one to use -
    https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/vga_bios_N206SW2O_F3.zip

I can't speak to support and the answers they're providing but I can give you the following information below in a screenshot with the technical readouts of your card.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2019
  18. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    Yes, I found a box from the video card and it shows 1.0 revision. I downloaded this file how to flash it?

19. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    and I also noticed, for example, in the Heaven benchmark,
    the frequency constantly jumps 1860-1845-1920-1800-1830 and so constantly and in the msi afterberner,
    it does not display the voltage on the video card
    [​IMG]

20. [​IMG]