GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Could launch November 17th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2020.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Then you shouldn't be buying anything less than a 6800XT for ray tracing.

2. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Please enlighten me because if what your saying sounds dumb really is then we can all go back to a 2 core CPU with say a 9800xt card from the year 2004 or similar, because well since then we have not moved on in terms of software and OS etc, back in 04 your standard Windows OS had about 50 processes running when busy and you would only open a few tabs online with no need to stream, video call etc (in the main), now thats expected as part of daily life hell my Phone has more raw cpu grunt than most PCs from the early 2000s!
    Or perhaps you expect increasing performance for the same £100.00 you paid 2 years ago guess what everyone else wants a wage increase so prices creep, research costs more so prices creep, in summary thats the dumbest comment I have seen on here.

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    If you're at 1080p then DLSS will smooth your cares away.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I will enlighten you. @Legacy-ZA said he or she won't pay more than $400 for a single PC part. I've never paid more than $400 for a single PC part. I understand prices are going up but to think and assume that you can't spend less than $3000 dollars by your calculations is just stupid and ridiculous.

Not everyone buys first generation technology at ridiculous prices. In fact if you were smart you would know that its best to wait for revision 2.0 for everything.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Legacy-ZA and patteSatan like this.

5. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Did I say 3000? Did I even calculate? I just said if he was to stick at that price point in a few years he will have a PC thats very low down on the spec list so 400 Today will probably be the equiv to 150 in a few years in terms of spec, but to say my comment was dumb is a bit harsh, in reality its just the way it will be bread when I was a child was 29p for a loaf that same loaf today is 89p same bread same loaf, maybe I should try to buy a loaf for 29p and see what I get working by your logic!

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well I don't understand your currency, but as an American I can say that for the last 20 years I've never paid prices like you're suggesting. Yeah, GPU's are getting more expensive I get it. And I think its bullshit. But for for CPU's, Mainboards, SSD, Ram, etc we are very far off of those becoming $400 each.

7. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Seriously?
    Why is it bullshit that things that are better developed and achieve more are more expensive, I guess you dont expect a raise at work for doing a good job then and you will work for your whole life for the same salary irrespective of position so start at $1000 dollars a month and 20 years later get the same despite the fact you have new skills and are bringing more productivity to the table plus you spent 10k educating yourself to do that but you dont need to be paid any extra because well it would be bullshit of you to expect to get paid more?

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because he'd rather complain about the cost of products instead of the faulty wage scaling.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Ummmm.... I've maintained the same $400 per component price limit since I first started working...... That was more than 20 years ago. I've yet to see this drop off in capability that's being claimed....

People can go to school for only $10K? Where is this at? Not getting a degree from any college near me for only $10K.....

chinobino and Legacy-ZA like this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You wanna turn this into an economics/political thread? Get the hell outta here..

DannyD and sykozis like this.

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    This thread has turned weird.

After the supposed performance numbers leak, I'm looking more and more forward to Guru3D reviews of this GPU (3060 Ti) and AMD's answer, 6700 (XT?). It should be interesting.

12. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    in what two months we've had the paper launch of (I'm counting the radeons already) :
    GPU
    rtx 3080
    rtx 3090
    rtx 3070
    rx 6800
    rx 6800xt
    CPU
    ryzen 9 5600x
    ryzen 9 5800x
    ryzen 9 5900x
    ryzen 9 5950x

soon the 3060Ti then 6900xt and maybe the 3080Ti and then hopefully the threadrippers
    brands have completely lost it in their marketing wars trying to one up each other
    it may be my memory but since when do we have a spam of releases you can't buy, almost one new every week !
    in which parallel dimension is that good marketing ? are those move only made to influence shares or something ?
    I take the positive aspect out of this "brawl" by the time there's actually stock for something I'll be able to pick whatever is best for me, but the brands are losing pretty much all the sales from less patient "enthusiast" customers and generating anger from the ones who "had" to upgrade but can't they aren't going to buy inferior products now they will just hate you for the delay

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  13. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    The issue is 2020 and Covid19 lots of folks with a lot more disposable cash because nothing has been open for much of the year to spend it hence many upgrade budgets are probably much bigger than normal.

14. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    3060Ti looking great, though will wait for actual benchmarks again. I can't see DLSS use on the slides for the reported performance increase, all it says is "max settings", but considering that previous Nvidia performance graphs all included DLSS, I wonder if this one does too.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Look everyone, another imaginary card from Nvidia, catch it before it disappears for good!...

jbscotchman likes this.

16. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Its 17th , where is it ?

jbscotchman likes this.
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Why are they releasing fake products?

No one can buy these.

jbscotchman likes this.
  18. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    This might be the most balanced card memory, price and performance wise from the first wave of Ampere - I really like this card. The 8 Gt memory is not as bothering as in RTX 3080. This will really sell well and we most surely can get this card in a smaller form factor. I still hope even this card will eventually be updated as Super model or similar with at least 10 Gt memory and maybe tad more CUDA cores.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  19. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    yes but they're outperformed by the rx6800 series.
    given that the 6800xt @ $650 outperforms (in most circumstances) the rtx 3080 @ $700
    and the rx 6800 is @ $579.00 that's a fail.
    the reality is those models are only going to be announced/launched due to the poor yields of the full fat GA 102/104.
    the gpu itself is driving the cost of the card. AMD has more efficient manufacturing with higher yields and lower costs because it gets more gpu's per wafer of silicon. and because the processing of said silicon is less expensive as well.
    AMD can play the cut down game far better to fuller effect this generation than Nvidia is capable of.

20. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    Who cares. Sold out before it's available. June of 21 is when these cards will be on sale. Anything else is just bullshit excuses of poor us no supply