GeForce Hot Fix Driver R387.98

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Oct 12, 2017.

1. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Highly unstable drivers
    No improvement over the previous 397

2. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    There's no r397 yet.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Absolutely stable driver in my experience. No issues besides the one with 3DMark's Vulkan test which can easily be a 3DMark issue.

4. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Oh well, at least now I know I don't have to try out this hotfix driver. Maybe the next one :oops:

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Going to try this later, 387.92 is not so smooth in evil within 2, streaming fps drops..

Also there is a utilisation issue, gpu doesnt go full 90-100%, usually 60-80%, with fps drops.. cpu usuage is waay bellow average, 20-30% max.

Xtreme512 likes this.
  6. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Might give these drivers a go, still using 385.69 and will only get hot fix drivers from Nvidia now because ever since i got the GTX1070 nVidias drivers and Windows 10 has been complete garbage.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not sure if this is a game or driver bug but...

Game Settings: 2560x1440, Ultra preset (incl. TAA + FXAA), V-Sync = Disabled

I've noticed what appears to be texture seaming issues on the walls, tables and even that nurse's skirt in The Evil Within 2. It looks like they're made up of those of squares separated by thin black lines. It's hard to describe but hopefully this image should explain it better:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioe2y9bpgiwl5vb/TEW2_2017_10_14_13_54_44_253.jpg?dl=0

Anyone else seeing this issue?

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seen that bug for a lot of people while watching streams.

Could be a Game Bug, seeing how poorly optimized it is as well.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's on all drivers on GF cards. Hard to say if it's a driver or a game issue.

Don't force AF, let the game use it on it's own. TEW2 is built on id Tech 5 with its s/w implementation of PRTs and thus the rendering breaks if you force AF in this engine.

10. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    : Also there is a utilisation issue, gpu doesnt go full 90-100%, usually 60-80%, with fps drops.. cpu usuage is waay bellow average, 20-30% max.

its happening to me as well. its game issue, highly the modified engine. besides, this game is awful i uninstalled it after a few hours.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah there is definitely something wrong with game or driver or both..
    When I lowered settings fps dropped instead of rising. I was in the living room - intro level, Ultra 53fps, high or Medium setting 44-47fps.. xD

About AF,
    by TEW1 I forced AF in game cfg, did the same thing now (C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\TangoGameworks\The Evil Within 2\base)

I manually added these two lines

image_anisotropy "8" (default is 2 if Im not mistaken)
    image_useCompression "0"

and it looks clearer in the distance. Also driver forced vsync (adaptive) + 1 frame to render ahead + ingame 60fps vsync, RTSS made more stutters.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  12. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    That used to come up quite often in Windows 7 while installing nvidia beta drivers. I guess this is just the less colourful Windows 10 version

13. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Project cars 2 was looking a bit rough, went back to 385 and everything is back to normal.

14. alz-core397

alz-core397 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 540M / 2GB
    387.92 WHQL and GeForce Hot Fix Driver R387.98 breaks 3D VISION and stereoscopic 3d . im using 540M 2GB and when i installed them stereoscopic dissapears from nvidia control panel and causes restart sometimes. i rolledback to 385.28 and everything is OK. should i wait a new release? any suggestions?

15. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    This driver is causing weird issues with HDR and MPHC. Windows 10 and HDR have never worked for except with Mad VR and MPHC now it is broke! Geez! Also my screen is flashing twice when I exit MPHC but not with 385. Back to HDR I am surprised they haven't got it working since most newer decent TV's and a few monitors also have it now! 385 has no problems with MadVR HDR it works good so that's where I am at for now! Anyone else similar issues or ideas on issue or fix? Thanks!

16. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    yes it flashes twice, but you can stop it when enabling HDR before or after you see the colour is weird enter Windowed Full Screen. it's the drivers

17. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Unless you have issues with games you currently play, I'd stay with the older driver and try the next set when Nvidia releases them. But make sure, when you upgrade, that you run DDU in safe mode and clean the old ones up first. If you haven't done this, try it and see if that helps. I'm using this set and no issues with 3D Vision. Mind you, my hardware is newer and support might be a bit better with the new drivers.

18. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    Interesting side effect with these drivers is when i use apple aerial screensaver with G-Sync enabled in fullscreen/windowed mode aerial runs smooth with previous drivers it stutters really badly and the minor flickering in world of tanks when going from garage to game seems reduced

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Actually, I wasn’t forcing anything originally (though I did try disabling MFAA in case it was that). Ironically, the issue is fixed if you DO force 16x AF in the game profile so clearly this *is* an engine bug, possibly one with this driver as well if it doesn’t happen on AMD graphics cards?

20. alz-core397

alz-core397 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 540M / 2GB
    thanks for the respond. i did use ddu but nothing change. i will wait for the next release hope to fix the issue.