Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I currently have2 GTX780ti cards, but games like Shadow of Mordor, really struggle with the 3GB of vRAM. I have been given a very good deal on 2 Titan X cards, but all the reviews show the GTX980ti is a really good performer, but the 6GB vRAM is worrying, as reviews for this game already state that you reach the limit. No use upgrading and basically being in the same boat. Play at 1080p, or is the titan x a overkill and I should rather spend the money on my wife's car?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh even at 1440p 100hz I'm getting 100fps in all the games I play. Witcher 3 is constant 60, fully modded skyrim is 100fps etc. Elite dangerous 100fps.....
    I have the money to buy another which is not the problem, the problem is at 1440p I have too much power already, I just don't need the extra gpu.......yet, which is a good thing.

Also i know you dont need to but you could run the EVGA SC stock bios on the stock cooler. With an aftermarket cooler like the one your getting i would be looking at around 1450mhz!

The problem with the Tx is that its voltage locked so unless you hardmod it you can only increase the voltage to 1.31/1.27v.

Its a shame cause the card cause easily be clocked higher especially on water. The only thing stopping me from going higher than 1590 is lack of additional voltage.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  3. wtbarms

wtbarms Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 fe
    I've been working my way around the BIOS' on that thread for the past week (still haven't tried cyclops3). I'm still kinda unstable past 1520mhz on the HC modified, but I can push 1500 on the stock asus one. I did notice with the higher voltage I do get a bit of "light" coil wine. Would you recommend trying C3? Day to day I just run at 1475 on the stock bios on stock voltage.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Is your card on air or water? I take it its on air cause of coil whine? If it is on air i wouldnt even use the cyclops and i think your pushing it too much as it is on the stock cooler. Also the mosfets get hot and degradation will set in....ie: If your push your card to the absolute max on air eventually you will see a decrease in stable overclocks because of insufficient cooling. Ive been running the Cyclops 1.31v since day one, its the best bios for me. All the others fail in Heaven and Firestrike bench but the 1.31v is rock solid on the 347.88 drivers.

Have not tried benching with any other drivers.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015

5. wtbarms

wtbarms Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 fe
    It is under water, so that is a bit strange. I'll give Cyclops a try and see if that works any better. The coil whine is only at really high fps (ie. a loading screen that goes to 200fps).

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Unless you plan on upgrading to 4K gaming then 6 GB of VRAM is plenty for games for the next 18-24 months IMO, especially for 1080p and 1440p gaming. Most games are designed around the current PS4 and Xbox One consoles and they 'only' have 8 GB of memory in total for graphics and system use.

7. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have been given an offer where the Titan X cards are basically the same price as the GTX980ti, (Titans were used for a GTA V demo launch, and only used for demo) so then its makes sense to go with the Titans

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Im not sure i have never had any coil whine tbh.

9. wtbarms

wtbarms Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 fe
    Cyclops allowed for a stable 1575. Coil wine I was getting with the other BIOS' I tried seems to have gone away too (after a higher power limit).

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Coil whine is normal, especially for high OCs.. The more power running through the card the louder the coil whine

11. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    very interesting thing.... for me it didn`t matter what kind of bios is was using or what kind of voltage, because i can`t even get 1500mhz stable... and that`s on water

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Good stuff, nice oc. Just out of interest what is your asic? Also have you tried the hydrocopper bios? I was gonna try it but I cant be arsed.....
    Have you tried the Cyclops?

13. wtbarms

wtbarms Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 fe
    ASIC is 77.9. I tried the normal HC bios modified to 450 TDP (1.212) but not the V-modded one.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok your asic is a tad lower than mine yet only 15mhz off the oc so maybe there is some truth in it with Maxwell. There was nothing in it regarding keplar. I must try that volt modded hydro bios when I can be bothered.

15. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    Yes i did try it. seems like i got a bad chip... as always ;)

16. wtbarms

wtbarms Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 fe
    Settled on MAXAIR2 for now. Seems my inability to get past 1500 on other BIOS' was due to a unstable OC on the cpu. After fixing that I can hit 1550 on MAXAIR2 (haven't tried higher yet). Slightly less voltage so it runs a bit cooler (lol not that that is an issue on water).

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    What is your ASIC?
    I would try the cyclops high voltage and see what you can get.

18. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    My asic is quite low...around 69. And even the cyclops3 can't get a stable 1500mhz out of it... So I guess I will have to stick to about 1475mhz and be happy with it... Didn't try to lower cpu oc though but I don't see any benefit from that when trying to oc my gpu

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Drop your CPU down to stock speed, put everything on auto in the bios. Install 347.88 driver along with Cyclops and try that. If it still fails after this then we can say its possibly silicon lottery but at this point it could be unstable oc on cpu and NVIDIA drivers. Dont install geforce experience, just install drivers and physx for 347.88. Also make sure you uninstall the old drivers using ddu in safe mode to finish off the uninstall correctly.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  20. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    Did that and still the same. So nothing related to cpu oc or nvidia drivers, it`s just like it is and i should stick with it