Geforce 355.82 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    PSU is from 22-5-2014.

Why doesnt driver 355.60 not have high idle clocks with shadowplay enabled???

If the psu is bad i have to see this problem with all the drivers.

Only driver 353.06 and 355.82 have this problem.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Have you tried switching their slots (run display driver uninstaller before doing so)? I remember that one of my GTX 580s didn't like playing "Master" in the SLI setup too much.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Driver seems fine with games with no issues to report so far. Tested extensively with Batman: AK, Mad Max and MGSV:TPP.

However, I still have the annoying issue of the NVIDIA control panel becoming non-responsive for 10-15 seconds after opening it the first time post-boot and clicking on, say, the DSR Factors pulldown under Global settings. I cannot be the only one who has this issue? Windows is installed on an SSD and this just makes the NVIDIA control panel feel clunky and dated IMO.

Also, I have not been able to open GeForce Experience from the NVIDIA system tray icon for about a year now on either Windows 8 or 10. It used to work but something broke it. I can open the NVIDIA control panel from the system tray icon though, and GeForce Experience will open from a desktop or Start Menu shortcut and otherwise runs fine.

Again this must be a common issue for many I would imagine but it has never been fixed.

Finally, I wish NVIDIA would change the SHEILD Streaming service to Manual rather than Auto as I have no need of it and it is just a waste of resources. I tend to disable it straight after driver install.

4. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    not sure but u should temporary stay at 355.60 no choice.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yep, did that.

Im going to try downclocking it to see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Tried downclocking, but for some reason, msiAB settings just get ignored. I dropped the clocks by 150 each (core 782, mem 2003) but the OSI is still hitting defaults.

2nd Edit: Artifacted and crashed 10seconds into furmark burn in test.

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    open nv control panel always delay b'cos "the way it's meant to be played"

7. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Not strictly related to 355.82: anyone can explain me that entry?
    Is it some kind of forcing or simply a preset? For 1.0 version or for all versions?

[​IMG]

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Project cars crash type 1) unhandled exception errors. type 2) Hard locks system.

Counter-strike Global Offensive; still occasional freezing while gaming. Multicore rendering is unusable (set in-game and in NVidia control panel) freezing is much more frequent. Must run on single-core to minimise freezing.

When it freezes if I ctrl-alt-del, then, click on csgo again it works fine...until next freeze.

This is running on an optimus system. I assume without optimus it would be a straight crash.

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    it delayed because for some reason keeps scanning for games for the profiles.

I keep saying its needs redesigned, but nobody listen to me.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I second that, really annoying to have to wait 5 seconds for the "3D Settings" tab (all other tabs work perfectly). Could nVidia please fix that sooner than later?

I don't have the GFE problem though. It's happened occasionally but a DDU and reinstalled fixed it (plus those two times when GFE was broken, something which was also posted in those particular driver threads). Anyway, I don't have GFE this time since I'm not a SLI user anymore. (The only benefit with GFE is being able to download profiles between driver releases right?)

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Somehow the RGB options don't show anymore, not sure if it's the driver or not.

This happened after i got my new PC, i had a 680 before.

[​IMG]

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Exactly, it always checks for newer games/apps installed AND uninstalled, however it's "search" method is outdated to now days standards for sure.

It has been discussed sometimes but nothing new and worthwhile from Nvidia about it.

They should give us an {"auto/manual" scan for changes} thing at least.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That's a common "issue", driver is scanning for game profiles in that time, its not scanning just on SSD but on all disks or something like that..

I think we just have to live with it.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well would it not make more sense to withhold the scanning when the user actually opens the NVIDIA control panel so they can actually, you know, use it straight away instead of thinking for 15 seconds that it had crashed? ;)

I can understand background scanning, that's great, as my disk defragger tool does it but when I use my PC it stops until it becomes inactive again. Surely something similar could be adopted for the control panel? No?

15. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    are we talking about nvidia adopting and fixing something???

maybe in 5 years.

look how long it took to come out with the RGB color setting.

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Is anyone having hitching, or poor performance in Witcher III with these drivers? My game games from working perfectly to hitching constantly and I have no idea if it's the game, Windows 10, these drivers or my hardware, trying to narrow it down.

EDIT: I made a video showing the issue, please watch in 60fps, and note the video doesn't do the problem justice but you get the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKB32yybRnM

EDIT: I tried an older driver and it's the same, what the actual ****? :(

17. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    So the corsair RM850i is worth bying????

And doesnt have bad capasitors???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGdX8zRcrw

Corsair RM850i 159 euro
    Seasonic X-750 KM3 187,90 euro

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=123484

My RM850 S/N begins with 1411.
    PSU is from 22-5-2014.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What RGB options? These that are in Change Resolution now?

19. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti ssc
    Ouch. That hurt me man. That hurt deep.

The idea that the PC is not for me after 17 loyal years is one that doesn't bear thinking about.

It is probably more of a nostalgia thing for me, but I love my retro rig and I enjoyed building it. Personally get just as much of a thrill building a PC with an E8600 and a 7950GT as I did building by 4690K machine.

I aslo did it for EAX. Even with alchemy on win7 it doesn't work with every game.

20. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/615...m850i--rm1000i-psus-review-nu-volledig-japans

During Computex announced Corsair the RMi-line power supplies, with four models respectively 650W, 750W, 850W and 1000W capacity. Perhaps the most important achievement in relation to the existing RM-series: the discussion about Chinese capacitors can be discontinued. Fortunately that is not the only difference. We have tested the entire series.

When we tested the Corsair RM750 power supply at the end of 2013, we used as subtitle "affordable perfection". That was as far as we are concerned, an excellent summary: the RM-power supplies turned out excellent performing 80Plus Gold power supplies with low ripple and low noise for a price which is considerably lower than similar Gold-power supplies.

However, it was the angel at your chosen capacitors, of Chinese-made. In the comments on Hardware.Info, but also on many other sites was by many self-proclaimed food expert murder cried. Moral of the story: Chinese capacitors would qualitatively much worse than Japanese. Corsair spent tendency that the extended validation tests of the components and that it is the hand in the fire put out that Chinese capacitors as well as Japanese. One did the customers correct a favor by the power supply to make this more affordable. It turned out fell on deaf ears, because the complaining about the "dramatic Chinese capacitors" continued on the various forums. Although no one so much as something similar to a scientific basis can come up with that codensators made West of the East China Sea actually worse than those made to the East, also had to admit that Corsair at a fight on discussion forums as a manufacturer by definition 1-0. So the company has raised the white flag in its logo and gives them the capacitor-Western club her sentence.

All capacitors in the new RMi power supplies are 100% Japanese. Corsair is clear: they are high just as good as the Chinese in the RM series and the choice is made purely on the request of the complaining minority. You'd be an ultimate customer focus. To the quality oogmerk even further into the Viewer to play Corsair at the RMi series also instantly guaranteed increased, from 5 to 7 years.

In addition to the other capacitors and more guaranteed, there are more differences between the RM and RMi series. For this reason the RM-power supplies just in the range and is positioned just above the RMi series, with a somewhat higher price tag. It makes the Corsair line up power supplies even more extensive than it is already: AXi in the Summit (Platinum + Corsair link), including AX (Platinum), including HXi (entry level-Platinum), RMi (Gold), including RM (Gold) and finally, CS (entry level Gold), CS (Bronze) and VS.