Gamescom Game Ready Driver 436.02 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    BFV has a prerender setting in its own options doesn't it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vte98/future_frame_rendering_an_explanation/

its still in the release notes as busted.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vte98/future_frame_rendering_an_explanation/

I think the reason for that is that the 435.27 driver is actually the result of what happened after nvidia jumped from 417 to 425, so its closer to the 421 insider branch.

In 411, 417 and 425 drivers, nvidia was not passing correct hdr metadata, and that resulted in incorrect tone mapping, this was particularly notable with the MadVR video renderer, and Madshi forwarded related feedback to nvidia himself.

The first driver to include the fix was 430.39.
    I have seen it noted that 425 drivers did run MK11 without issues, so the connection appears to be sound.

MK11 is not the only game so far that has had to get an application patch because of this kerfuffle.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    "If you like renderaheadlimit 2 (like me for example, since 1 costs too many frames and too much inconsistency, and 3 makes my input lag a bit sloppy) then you have a few ways to make this happen:The simple GUI way is to leave the UI set to future frame rendering ON. Then, in your NVidia control panel you can make a profile for the game and set 'maximum pre-rendered frames' to 2The nerd way is to use the user.cfg file in the directory with the BFV.exe, and put an entry in there that reads like so:RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2"
    The problem this doesn't work anymore when you set or try to do 2 in user.cfgit only works for one game, once your back in UI for next game it reverts to -1.
    I have NVCP set to low latency global (because BFV resets BFV profile to default) that I get -1 value when checking in console with NVCP set to low or off so not sure how to get 2.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    remove the write permissions on nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin in c:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\ so the game can't change it back.

downside is you'll have to add them back to change it for other games and upgrading the driver.

5. uggis007

uggis007 Guest

GPU:
    2x2080ti
    Thanks for the answer! I always DDU, don’t know if it’s necessary, but I started doing it and just continued with it.
    What kinda settings do you use for nvcp? If you don’t mind me asking. What kinda results are you talking about with the new ultra latency settings? Is the latency clearly lower in this game? Any performance hit?

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so does thread optimize no long get turn on or off depending on the setting? like with previous verisons of of this "low latency" stuff? also can 1~3 prerender still be set in some way, I really only do defualt was was 3 or 1 in specific games

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Hi, If I set low latency mode to on or ultra the thread optimize stays in auto (I don't know what's going on in the background).
    As for pre-rendering frames, what I understand there no 2 value, if I am following descriptions right.

Maybe Inspector can turn on those settings, I don't know.

8. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i can't believe the only thing that tickles me on upgrading my 1080 is not the raytracing, not the dlss or the better performance, is that god damn integer scaling. Holy hell i've waiting for that all my life.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I wonder if integer scaling would be useful with Dungeon Keeper 2?

10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Its said that its broken still, But I've been using dx12 since the last big patch on Division 2 and not crashed once. It used to crash all the time so not sure if something has changed.

YMMV ofcourse.

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    My Mouse Pointer is missing when Recording my desktop whit GeForce Experience!
    Any one else facing this?

Thx!

12. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    in black ops 4, keeping the low latency mode at the default "off" results in a random crash in the lobby of the game ... turning it on has appeared to solve the issue.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I hated these drivers at launch because when I ran fraps my framerate tanked, and I hate GF Experience. Now these are so much better, and I'm seeing mild improvements in many games.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ?????, thats not making much sense :confused:

15. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Excuse my indolence, ive been away, are these drivers decent for everyday gaming ? BFV, Witcher 3, FO4 ?

cheers

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    bfv? maybe not.

btw
    Multiple seperate reports of this driver introducing colour glitches in GOW4 on RTX cards after 20-40 minutes, either in checkerboard patterns or across specific surfaces.

17. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    they run well for bfv in my case as long as i keep "Future Frame Rendering" on, DX 12, max detail @ 3840X2160. With it set to off, it introduces instability and CTD's.

bOse likes this.
  18. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Feel the low latecy setting turned on makes a fps i play more responsive. Tried ut om ultra, for some reason on feelt better, more stable. Could be placebo, tho i tries different settings twice. On feelt best..
    I might add, i doubt this settings hjelp much if your having high refreshrate or fps. Guessing this setting shines the most if fps is under 100, plus using a tv as a monitor.
    Anyone else tried this setting with a regular screen and maybe playing with high resolution so fps is under 100?

19. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Yeah, they are the latest drivers, the drivers support ALL of the games released so far until this day not to mention that they feel a lot more stable than older nVidia drivers. Some old games I have seem to have gotten a boost in performance so try it and see I'd say.

bOse likes this.
  20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Is this normal???

[​IMG]
    I also just seen that I can only change the color depth at the bottom...

EDIT: ok a restart fixes everything. I wonder what caused that? I don't use sleep, but I do let the monitors turn off.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019