Forza 5 Ported to DX12 PC in 4 Just Months

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 20, 2014.

1. german24

german24 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X GAMING
  2. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There is all sorts of stupid in this thread, and i don't think English not being their native tongue has much to do with it.

This screams nothing more than a tech demo to me, though the fact they used an Xbox exclusive is either a nice clue, or a big up yours to PC gamers.

Personally i would of rather see it on something more modest like a 680, 60fps on a Titan Black even Windowed is not really screaming out to me about how efficient DX12 is.

4 months and 4 people is impressive though, but not sure why they ported the whole game if there is no PC version, unless they are planning an updated DX12 Xbox version.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Forza is one of the major reasons I bought an Xbone so it is definitely about the exclusives.

Without Forza (and a couple of others), I wouldn't have bought the Xbone at launch.

Forza is an absolutely amazing game and embarrasses many PC racing games with it's detailed cockpit views and the narration from Clarkson and company is a nice touch.

That said, I'd love to see it on PC just so I could play it with the T500 but I don't see that happening any time soon (if ever).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im normally of the mentality that there's no such thing as no news when it comes the gaming industry, but why is does thread even exist.

They ported it to the xbone version of DX12 using a pc as a dev kit, not a pc running windows as if it were a standard gaming/desktop pc.

If that were they case, then im sure the pc community could easily create a simple conversion tool for converting games from xbone to pc and im not referring to emulation and yes yes yes, you could argue that all multiplatform games are a form of emulation, but thats not what im talking about.

Edit: Apologies, i just read this link/article here from that website:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/archive/2014/03/20/directx-12.aspx

But still, a play on words if you ask me.

Also from a link in OPs link, from Nvidia:
    http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/20/directx-12/#sthash.tCQwZzyU.dpuf

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I wouldnt say Titanfall is not an exclusive because its on the PC and Xbone, as thats like saying its not an exclusive because its on X360 and Xbone. Both are MS products, just like Windows OS.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Titanfall is not an exclusive by any means

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It is an exclusive, its exclusive to MS platforms.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Well this thread turned into a car crash very quickly. Can we please keep it civil and at least logical when people post responses.

Also Vindaloo calm down a pinch please bud, you're new here and all but that's no reason to behave so out of turn against others who as you said yourself are merely expressing their own opinions.

I wish I had some mod powers on this board. :nerd:

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I concider it a multiplatform game, werent there rumours that it will arrive on other platforms in the future as well ? (making it a timed exclusive)

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Nice to see Forza Motorsport 5 running on the PC but seriously, as an owner of the game on the Xbox One, I'd be happier to see its sequel on the PC rather than this game because it is woefully lacking in tracks and cars compared with the previous 360 game and doesn't even have dynamic weather or lighting (you'll soon tire of seeing the same oh-so-pretty-glare on the same corners over and over again). Don't misunderstand me, Forza 5 is a solid game but it's also a rushed one marred by the inclusion of horrid microtransactions, which means no free cars as a reward for winning races and you seem to get less XP for races than previous games too. So unless the PC was getting an expanded and improved version then the inevitably superior sequel is going to be the much better game.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Agreed, Titanfall is no more an exclusive than, say, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is which is available for the PC, PS3 and (soon) PS4 only. If a game is also available on the PC then it is a multiformat game, pure and simple.

13. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Couldn't have said it better myself but unfortunately there will always be PC elitism. Just wish people would be more forgiving and harmonious.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But FF is available on Sony's PS3 & Windows PC, as you said, two competing platforms.

Wheres Titanfall is currently only available on Windows platforms, as such exclusive to MS.

Whats so hard to understand.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Xbox killed pc gaming period hence the hate for consoles on the pc side because before xbox ms had a not only soild games division but a damn good one.

xbox came along and ms forgot windows and pc existed. direct x got pushed to the back burner the games for windows and pc hardware divisions got gutted.

The only plus is if you were a gamer your gaming hardware got good for the entire console cycle instead of having to upgrade every year to keep up with evolving pc graphics and complexity.

Instead we get stagnant graphics, stagnant ai , game play, simplified controls, becaus consoles cant do a whole ton new or different in any of those areas just a bit better graphics and a bit more speed and power.

So its not like we are just angry because. :p

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Titanfall is multi platform. It's not exclusive. Titanfall on XBONE doesn't run on Windows 7 or 8. You might as well call Diablo a Blizzard exclusive, going by your logic. And do you actually think XBONE doesn't compete with PC gaming?

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ps4 is a wondows platform now anyway. no cell processor hence it just like every other pc and xbox out there.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It doesn't run Windows though. It uses a variant of Unix I believe and it's graphical API is based on OpenGL not DirectX. Think of it as being a bit Steambox-ish really. :)

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ohhh lol. hope gl is good these days after stumbling so utterly horribly.

go mantle i suppose.

how long till we have nvidia mantle drivers anyway.

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The lack of tracks is a disappointment I have to admit, after driving 30 or so races I started to wonder why new tracks weren't unlocking and realized it was because there weren't any.

At least they have Mount Panorama, I love that track :D