Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Blood487, Jun 14, 2013.

1. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    I'm assuming you are using windows 7 or 8 right? I can't play full screen because SE refuse to acknowledge there is an issue going fullscreen on Vista and losing the mouse cursor. Even with multiple threads since beta 1. Hence playing windowed mode or borderless window mode framerates absolutely suck! It might be my issue with not playing fullscreen, I have no idea! But sweetfx definitely degrades my framerates after awhile.

2. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    What are you talking about? :banana:

Once you know mining all you have to do is equip a pickaxe to begin mining. In-fact you can even track and display ore deposits in the mini-map by having prospecting as a cross-class skill for your main class. Nodes are spread throughout the game world with your gathering log showing you which minerals and metals can be found in which areas.

You do not have to run to town, accept a quest, initiate a quest to start mining or any combination of the above. All you need to do is equip a pick-axe in your main-hand and boom, you're a miner.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, but to level mining it's best to do leves, for extra experience. And to do leves, you have to run to town, accept a quest, run to quest area, initiate quest, equip mining pick, then do quest. And if you are say level 50, and only just started mining, and you don't keep old low level gear, you'll be running round naked, because you can't equip level 50 gear. So you can cast some insane spells, killing everything in sight, but you can't swing a mining pick? What are you talking about? Crafting, well, gathering at least is backwards and different for all the wrong reasons in ffxiv. Fact.

Even if you don't do leves, you have to keep your low level gear, unless you level your crafting in sync with your character level. Which is stupid.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  4. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    :stewpid:

To grind mining you do leves, sure. But you don't need to be participating in leves in order to participate in mining.

What do you mean, you can cast sick spells but can't wring a mining pick? Anyone can swing a mining pick. There's nothing stopping spellcasters from picking up mining.

Being level 50, or any level for that matter doesn't cause you to be naked. I most certainly was never naked on my character and keeping low-level gear has nothing to do with it. You don't use the same gear for mining as you do for whatever adventure class you're playing. When you're mining you don't wear spellcaster gear, you wear mining gear and there's no reason to be naked since there are plenty of low-level mining gear vendors in the game.

Gathering class gear is totally separate from adventuring gear. Are you even playing the same game as everyone else? You're not keeping low level gear, you're keeping level appropriate gear for your job. The different job gear depends on totally different stats; you wouldn't even WANT to wear level 50 spellcaster gear when mining because it doesn't have any of the stats you want while mining on it. If you're a level 50 Conjurer and a level 14 miner you'll be carrying around level 50 Conjurer gear and level 14 Miner gear, it's not like you're keeping or using low level Conjurer gear for mining. Because you're not. It's actually a lot like Vanguard in that respect.

5. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Or you just do the guild quests like any other job/class and earn crafting gear that way. The idea is they've made crafting and gathering not just an additional add on, but rather their own class with abilities, tools and gear specific stats.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I held off registering my serial key and 30-day subscription for the time being and plan on coming back to this game at some point (I presume that is OK and that my character won't be deleted if I don't?). There's just so many games out at the moment that I'm currently playing that I would have wasted the free period if I'd registered it on Friday (which was when I was prompted after the Early Access period had expired). Too many games, not enough time to play them... :(

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Why should I keep low level gear? Why do I have to change gear to swing a pick? It's retarded.

8. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Not sure why this bothers you...be like saying "why do I need to wear robes to cast magic?"

If you're being semi-realistic about it, real life miners don't wear heavy plate armour. Yet you seem to want it that way.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You don't need to wear robes to cast magic, not sure where you got that from. My problem is that you need to keep low level gear just to do crafting, it's backwards. Well, you don't have to, but then you're naked because you can be a level 50 mage, but you can't wear level 50 clothes because you equip the pick. Hell, you can't even wear level 5 gear. In real life miners work in a mine, this is not real life, this is a game.

10. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I was talking about the genre in general obviously... typically mages wear robes, tanks wear metal armour, rouges wear leather. What's wrong with crafter/gathers wearing appropriate gear? Nothing backwards about it.

If I train gladiator to level 30, own level 30 plate armour. Then start training conjurer, it's perfectly reasonable to also own lvl 5 robes. Where's the issue? The only weird thing I find is when I train marauder I can't wear my plate armour any more even though I was wearing it as gladiator, but so what that's just how the class system works. It does have the advantage in some cases where you can share gear between classes when similar levels.

Exactly....

11. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    It isn't backwards. Level 50 Conjurer gear doesn't benefit Miners in any way shape or form to begin with, why on Earth would you even want to wear them instead of level appropriate miner gear? You don't need to "keep low level gear" to do crafting. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Low level Conjurer gear is no more beneficial to a low level miner than level 50 Conjurer gear. If you want to be an effective Miner, or Conjurer or Gladiator or Lancer you equip level appropriate gear for the correct job. You don't expect to wear Miner gear when you're playing as a Conjurer, do you? No. It doesn't make any sense. Miner stat bonuses don't help conjurers, likewise conjurer stat bonuses don't help miners.

There's no reason to be naked. Mining gear is as available as any other jobs' gear, through quests, npc stores, crafting and the market board.

It's not the game doesn't provide you with a personal armoury box inventory and gear sets to quickly and easily manager different gear sets for different jobs.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I didn't say you have to keep low level gear to do mining. You have to keep it otherwise you run around naked. You can buy it or be naked if you don't have it. Anyway, why do I have to equip a pick to see ore? Why do I have to wear mining gear (or be naked) and equip a pick to see ore nodes? Stupid, right? I could be standing next to one, but I won't see it until I equip the pick? Sorry, if you can't see that the whole thing is stupid then I have nothing to say to you.

13. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    :stewpid:

None of those things are true, you can slot prospecting as a cross-class skill and see the nodes regardless of your equipped job.

You're not required to keep low level gear in order to do mining. mining uses DIFFERENT GEAR ALTOGETHER. You do not use low level conjurer gear to do mining you wear level appropriate mining gear. If you choose to keep low-level conjurer gear for mining instead of getting mining gear that's on you.

What is with you and your obsession with wearing low-level gear for mining instead of wearing mining gear? Mining is a different job than conjurer. Just like you wouldn't wear conjurer gear while playing a lancer, you don't wear lancer gear while mining. :bang:

For once, an MMO (Besides Vanguard) makes mining and crafting skills more than just clicking in a menu and that's your biggest complaint? :banana: People complain that all MMOs are just-like every other MMO and then as soon as one makes an MMO that's deeper, more involved and different the same people are going to complain about it's differences?
    :puke2:

Anyone interested in actually giving FF14 a try and liked Vanguard should know that FF14's crafting & gathering jobs actually function a lot like they did in Vanguard. Yes, Vanguard was a little more deep and a little more hardcore but FF14's system is very much the same foundation.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I would calm down with "I'm with stupid" banners if I was you.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear previously. I have no obsession with low level gear. But this is what happened to me... I was lvl 22, I thought I'll look into professions. So I picked up mining. Then I realized I had to equip the pick, thought ok... no problem. Then I was naked, because I couldn't wear my current gear. Again, I know you can buy mining gear, that's one of the options, the other one is to wear low lvl normal gear until you level the profession high enough, the third option is to run around naked (that's what I did as I didn't see the point in buying mining/other gear, but that probably changes later).

I wouldn't say mining is any more deeper than in any other MMO, well, maybe a tiny bit, with different materials available from each node, it just takes some micro management, which is not needed imo because at the end of the day, all you do is find a node and mine it. Other games do it without all this fuss to achieve the same result.

Also, crafting isn't my biggest complain at all, I only found it really annoying. My game breaking complaints have been listed in this thread already, feel free to look them up.

Majority of other games do this, you don't have to change gear to mine. For me, it works much better than having to micro manage like in FFXIV

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can you do this as a black mage? Or in fact as any other job?

16. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    In other games you don't have to change gear to mine because mining doesn't have it's own set of stats, skills and attributes. likewise in other games mining doesn't have mining gear to go with it; so of course you won't switch gear. In FF14 however, everything is different. Different jobs have their own stats, skills, attributes and levels.

Why do you wear conjurer gear? Why not just run around as a conjurer naked since you don't see a point in wearing gear? You do not want to get your profession high enough to wear your level 50 conjurer gear because you do not want to wear conjurer gear as a miner. As a miner, you want to wear miner gear. It's no-one's fault but yours that you straight-up refuse to equip miner gear when switching to the miner job. :3eyes:

You don't have "3. Options" you have one logical option, just like any other class or job you wear appropriate gear for that class or job. You don't switch from a level 50 Conjurer to a Paladin and then complain you can't wear your Conjurer gear because Conjurer gear doesn't have stats or attributes relevant to playing a Paladin. If you want to muti-class you have multi-outfits. That's why the game has an armoury and gear-set system from the get-go.

If you play a conjurer you get conjurer gear. If you play as a conjurer and a miner you have conjurer and miner gear. If you play as a conjurer, miner and carpenter you have conjurer miner and carpenter gear.

Mining is deeper than most MMOs, whether you would say it or not. Mining has more than just a skill rank, it has passive skills, active skills, attributes, stats, bonuses, it's own quests, it's own guild, it's own set of gear, it's own gameplay mechanic. You don't just look for a yellow circle in your minimap and right click on a node. You learn where the material you want is found, you go there with your pickaxe and best mining gear and you mine as much as you want of it using your array of skills to maximize your success.

Any job can equip prospecting as a cross-class skill, but, why would you? Mining and adventuring are generally different activities. When you want to mine, you go mine. When you want to adventure you go adventure. It isn't very likely that you'll be mining and adventuring in the same areas simultaneously.

Get over your obsession with wearing conjurer gear while performing the mining job. Conjurer gear doesn't benefit mining in any way, shape or form they use different stats and attributes. If you want to be a miner, buy yourself mining gear or craft it or quest for it.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not a conjurer btw, not sure where you got that from. I'm a thaumaturge. And I wear thaumaturge gear because you know, it gives stats without which I wouldn't survive in battle. I mined naked, because I didn't need any stats to mine. But like I said, that probably changes later, not sure.

And you do have 3 options, at least early on, like I said. you might like it or not, but there is 3 options. I have seen a lot of people running around naked with a mining pick, it's not just me. Again, not sure about higher levels, it could be different, but atm, I have 3 options. And I took the one where I don't have to spend money on gear because it just isn't needed.

18. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    You could also play a Thaumaturge naked and without gear too. You mind as well just go ahead.

19. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    You can go kill stuff as a naked thaumaturge starting out as well, doesn't mean you should.

Stats granted by gather gear make you a better miner, just as stats granted by thaumaturge gear make you better in combat. It's pretty straight forward.

Edit: I do think the guildmasters should perhaps give you a full set of lvl 1 gear, but that's a pretty small issue. You have your starting lvl 1 gear to wear and can buy it back if you've gotten rid of it for w/e reason, and that's only if you have a huge problem with buying some cheap gear or being naked. It's the same with every class.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This game is still out of stock. Cant buy box version. Need digital download.