Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Blood487, Jun 14, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh, cool, think I'm about to do them, I'm lvl 17 now.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Was just playing, game froze, now can't log in because apparently I'm still logged in!?

Also, game stops responding half the time before it loads into the main menu, works ok if I try again usually, but it's annoying.

3. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    yeah, think thats to do with the server loads at the moment, happened to me last night, just need to give it a minute then log back in.

From what ive read they are actually deploying more servers within the week for both JP and NA/EU to cope.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    they kinda need to do it NOW, next week the game will be a lot more quiet

5. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I tried making a character last night. Nope. Access denied. :)

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What do you mean?

Anyway, after hitting playing for a couple of days and hitting lvl 22, I'm done with the game. Here's a few reasons why

• Can't do story instances if queuing for dungeon.
    • Food buffs removed when logged out/kicked from game/upon death. WHY???
    • Lvl 22 Thaumaturge can't cast a single ability on the move, I know other classes can cast abilities on the move, but Thaumaturge can't and it really makes the game feel old and stale.
    • Combat dull, no dodging, no casting on the move for some classes, there's cones and circles telegraphing damage but you move out the way and then 2 seconds later you get hit, it just feels very dull and stale and compared to most recent MMOs it's a massive step backwards. In a bad way. Compared to combat in WildStar, it almost makes me cringe.
    • Some fates inaccessible due to to being too high a level, so you can't help out lower level players if you run buy a fate, just a stupid limitation.
    • Cut-scenes telling the story, but no voice-over, this is really annoying, all the loading of the cut-scene and then you see some characters emote and lip-sync but not a sound out of their mouth, really cheapens the game. Either fully voice the thing or skip the cut-scenes, if I wanted to read a wall of text, I'd rather have it done like the other games do it.
    • Some zones have very lazy design, the game lacks open world feel, kinda similar to Neverwinter although not quite as bad, mainly due to stupid loading screens between zones. It completely ruins the immersion for me, I know GW2 has loading screens between zones too, but there is also a brilliant free travel in place so you hardly ever run through zones and even if you were a RP freak and ran everywhere (or walked) then GW2 zones are much larger than the zones in FFXIV
    • Retarded inventory system, I mean seriously bad. I want everything in one big bag, pretty much any MMO can do it nowadays, either via stacking of bags into one bag (GW2) or via mods. Even then, FFXIV goes even further, it doesn't even allow you to open all bags at the same time.
    • Can't preview items, this one really sucks. I've had so many quest rewards which had the same stats as the gear I was wearing, but I would still go for them, if they looked better, but the problem is you can't preview gear!!! So I always took the money
    • Can't resize UI, the UI itself isn't terrible, I've seen worse, but there's a few things I'd like to resize.
    • No addons

These are just the major things that really piss me off about the game, there's other things as well, like really lifeless world, there's nothing going on, you don't feel like the world is alive, there's no ambient randomness going on. The world doesn't feel dynamic at all, compared to Rift or GW2 it's just very stagnant. Also, calling guilds "Free company" and similar other things... It's like they are trying to be different instead of trying to be good.

I'm out, all of the above is my gripes with the game, you might and most likely won't agree with all of that. Adding servers next week is nice, but there just won't be a need for that. I might check back when the game is F2P in a few months, but I doubt that. There's better games out there. For me, this is up there with TSW as one of the worst not free games. Not quite as bad, but not far off.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i would buy and play for a while but buy and cant play anyway? lame.

and as it is for ps3 too, is there gamepad support on pc?

edit: and eclap, the things u say..this game is that ..dull or bad hu? damn :8. i still need desperately a new mmo.. paid one..a good, catching one.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  8. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Yup, it supports gamepads. Also you can still buy and play boxed copies.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's just my view. feel free to see for yourself. I personally give it a couple of months and it'll be tumbleweed county with nobody interested. There's much better games out there, imo. I even enjoyed WoW more than this recently. This should by no means have a monthly fee imo, it's just not good enough. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'd rather play TESO than this :/

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    [​IMG]

11. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I meant all the NA servers were full. There were about 4-5 EU servers open but I was worried about ping times. It's been at least 6+ years since the last time I've played an MMO so I really don't know if ping is as big of an issue as it is in a FPS or fighting game but I decided to walk on the side of caution and wait it out.

I'll try again tonight and see if the smoke has settled but I have a feeling it might be a week or so before I can get into a stable server. Either way, I've got Saints Row 4 to hold me over until that time comes so I'm not too concerned. I should have expected this anyways, as from what I'm seeing this is a pretty regular occurrence as far as mainstream MMOs go. Not to mention the launches of Sim City and Diablo 3. :)

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's very standard nowadays in every big online game launch. There is no smooth launch. Not even Blizzard launch their expansions/games without issues, but the reason there is the sheer volume of people trying to log in, I don't think there's a solution for that. D3 had over 8m people trying to log it at the same time when it launched, it was always going to be a bit iffy :)

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm really enjoying this game - my warrior character is now on level 15 and I'm using a second magical class, although having to start that from level 1 is a minor disappointment. Anyway, I'm happy with my character's look but I don't like the hair colour so is there any way I can change that without having to restart with a new character?

14. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    There will supposedly be a barber npc added at some point for changing hair etc. I'm quite enjoying the game too, crafting is quite good.

Edit: Also got my own chocobo mount now

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmmm. TESO is elder scroll online guess.. god damn game didnt come up yet and wont come any soon. wish they have a pay to beta stuff.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What job are you going for with your warrior?

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have no idea at the moment, I'm just exploring and doing FATES and levequests and haven't really considered what direction to go in beyond trying the Thaumaturge magic class as my second ability.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you should look up jobs for your class, otherwise you'll end up wasting your time on leveling things you don't need. When you say you're a warrior, which class exactly are you?

19. prof72

prof72 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Anyone from 1.0 playing ARR with their original account?

I have no idea how to log into ARR, it just keeps saying my log is wrong which it isn't as I can log into the square enix website ok and I can't figure out how to contact their support, awful website design.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Gladiator. I'm still very much learning the ropes. I've done two Guildleves tonight. What job would you recommend for a Gladiator then?