Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This series needs a serious overhaul. I loved the first three, 3 in particular because it had a great story and really immersed you in the world. 4 and 5 just felt like the same formula but with no incentives or goals to achieve. New Dawn I don't know much about, but it seems like they just took Far Cry 5 and added a bunch of pink flowers.

ramthegamer likes this.
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I agree, installed farcry 5 a few days ago and after some 5 hrs i already feel that i ve done this , it doesn t feel original anymore, or maybe it s me growing up and feeling too picky about games..

DocStr4ngelove and jbscotchman like this.
  3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yup, it's like fastfood. You buy that super-special-bacon-burger and expect something new but then it's just the old hamburger with extra bacon and more expensive. And after 2 hours you're hungry again and regret paying for it in the first place.

That's why i chose to go to a restaurant this time and ordered the Valve index. hahaha :D

ramthegamer and jbscotchman like this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Some missions are really a chore to play in this game, rescue 20 civilians in the same area seriously???, u can t even find unless they spawn suddenly while driving, however did this to a couple of goons before freeing em
    [​IMG]

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive been playing through 3, 4 and now 5 but using Mods. Running the Far Cry 5 Resistance mod, whilst the En AI is still pretty poor, far more so that FC4, the ability to change the weapon characteristics to add some realism is a big plus, also not having to go through the enforced cut scenes and trials.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    True. Currently gave FC5 another chance and it's fun again. I'm running a mod 8GB in size that i found on Nexus. It reduces the resistance points you get for destroying npcs and buildings in each region. Went on a rampage for couple of hours in Faith's area and still only at 50% or so.
    Feels much more slow-paced than the original and leads to more exploration through open country.

Should have been like this from the start. From my memories FC5 was just sheer chaos all the time. You blew up some trucks and silos and freed 2 outposts and suddenly i was caught by invisible ninjas xD

pegasus1 likes this.
  8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Im playing through to try out the mods, then il go back, adjust the weapon/bullet characteristics to be more realistic and play on the super ninja hard level. Its good to allow the NPC to spawn with random weapons as that adds something different into the game. Also with more realistic bullet physics it makes planning attacks more important. Its also nice to add a decent sight to a carbine and silenced MP5 and pistol all with realistic characteristics, also bodt armour is more realistic so maybe withstand 5 or so 5.56mm rounds and maintain integrity.
    Il make weapon calibre specific physics as well so 7.62mm has more energy but a slower velocity with greater drop than 5.56mm

9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  10. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I couldnt play the vanilla version again, needs the Nexus mod as do all the FC games.

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Mate, this update is only a 60 fps patch for consoles. Nothing for the PC version.

12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Yeah I got that but I watched the video and was really just talking to myself ha ha.
    I've played them all up to and including FCND in vanilla format then modded, its a bit like taking COD and adding some ARMA realism.
    Il grab FC6 once the price bottoms out, and now I have a 4090.