Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Sadly, you can't mod an online game due to shared assets.

So everything would have to be approved and put through Bethesda first. Great way to make tons of cash.

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yup, that's what I meant. I doubt many paid mods will even be worth paying for because Bethesda is under no obligation for them to continue working with future updates (though they could severely restrict modding abilities). I remember some "free" mods during the paid mods fiasco even had ads in them bothering the player to buy a copy of the mod. Bethesda's greed will cause irreparable harm to the community.

At least their new and unwanted launcher did people a favour by uninstalling the game. Hopefully the release version will automatically refund you too lol.

Anyway, Beth is jinxing their game by saying it probably will be online "forever" :p https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/bethesda-fallout-76-servers-online-forever/

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

They can't even keep keep ESO online for one day. It's been offline all day today, and it was the same last Monday after their 'scheduled maintanance'.

lucidus likes this.
  4. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Always fascinating to see people give up on game(s) because it's not using enough of their gpu or cpu lol. I am not saying this in this game's defense though, the game is pure garbage, and Bethesda should have never bothered. Maybe they will prove me wrong later on, but right now, it's a no go.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I have a feeling this is going to be one massive vortex of fail.

I still wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed as there is very little (if anything at all) positive being said about this game.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Cause it hammers performance? i'm not upgrading cause they can't optimize their damn games.

shoja likes this.
  7. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I agree, but if you like a game, and it performs poorly, just wait for the game to mature up (patches, fixes, etc) a little before getting in to it.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    These are pretty tiny images.... I guess this is the real reason for this installment of Fallout, or do the numbers represent a currency you gain by playing the game?

How does this gameplay mechanic function?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There are challenges you can do and repeat weeklies for earning atoms.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fallout-76-welcome-to-the-atomic-shop.78670/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't quite know what they correspond to in cash though, guessing 1$ = 100 Atoms but I am not sure.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/2a4GTCpUPyEsGCGYWyM6Q2/welcome-to-the-atomic-shop

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    And as the challenge gif shows it takes serious effort to earn some of these rewards so it'll be a while before you can purchase the costlier cosmetic options using the in-game challenges only. Nothing new I suppose but yeah the example gif shows it pretty clearly without much more needing to be said about that I guess.

KissSh0t likes this.

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

30GB beta patch
    https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl...allout-76-b-e-t-a-patch-notes-november-5-2018

12. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That's one way to stop those filthy cheaters with enough money to purchase good computers.

This is sarcasm.

Kolt likes this.
  14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Had the last session now, and the game felt slightly better than before the patch - could be newer drivers etc.

The playing aspect, well, it's the same thing just without any NPCs. So, if you're willing to look past that, and realise that all interaction will be purely human only, it isn't that bad. Must be what Bethesda wanted for the game, so perhaps they will use it as a basis to get players in and then make changes based on how it all pans out, lucky they can get away with it, I suppose. With that said, still not sure if it's for me though, can see myself getting bored very quicky if interested in playing solo and keep getting holotape run arounds.

Also, seeing the playing cards when you receive perks instantly reminded me of the way loot boxes work in ESO, which is slightly off putting.

Edit:

Video of final session - added analytics overlay due to intermittent performance issues, which I can't tell if due to cpu resource usage or perhaps the way textures are streamed. Recording probably doesn't help either, but I did put Afterburner on eight threads.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    cerebus23 likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Video is unavailable... was it removed?

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Was set to private rather than unlisted, should work now.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Well the game releases today for me (Nov 13.) Same for anyone on the west coast of US or in Pacific Time. That's hot, I hope. I'll start the download a few minutes after 9pm PST. Or to put it in a relative way that's a little over 20 hours from now.

Want to see if the engine is any better than FO4 for graphics. It probably won't be but I have to take a look.

18. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I find it so shocking that Bethesda have so monumentally missed the whole point of what makes Fallout a great series, no NPCs, what a stupid, idiotic, moronic, foolish, ridiculous idea.

CalculuS, Solfaur and BlackZero like this.
  19. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Indeed. I can see how it went down:

Well-meaning Bethesda game designer:
    You know what would be REALLY cool?

Todd Howard:

What, my attractive looking occasional bed partner?

Well-meaning Bethesda game designer:

Imagine... IMAGINE.. if all the other NPCs in Fallout were... actually PLAYERS!!!!!

Todd Howard:

OMFG! AMAZING! Lets have occasional bed partner secks! Codsworth, hold the coffee!

Somehow failing to understand what lies at the core of every online multiplayer game since Ultima Online 21 years ago, whereby we saw the truth of human nature -- here, eloquently expressed by Penny Arcade:

[​IMG]

20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

There's a video I posted on the previous page, but on the whole, the visuals have taken a good bump up.

To me, it appears that rather than simply increaseing texture size, and running out of vram or making it look more like a modded version of the same old thing, they have nicely bumped up ambient occlusion, shadows, general lighting, better time of day effects, better physics implementation on things like coats that will move, added some DOF to perhaps reduce the overall load due to view distance. Interestingly, the DOF appears to be very similar to the ENB mod, and while it's definately something I like, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Overall though, if you just play the game without focussing on specific things like textures, the look and feel can be quite magnificent at times - just needs a little tweaking, perhaps.

I agree 100%.

Having said that,I can kind of understand where they are trying to go with this. Create a world where it's aesthetically Fallout, but all visibly intelligent and routinely interactable A.I. is always a real person so to create a feel of realism.

I personally think that it is a diservice to what they have achieved with their engine, which has come a long way in how it's created a sometimes perculiar but yet completely relateable A.I that somehow does make you feel like you're in a different world where you can get lost and actually live. I mean, if you've ever played Oblivion for e.g., with its Radiant A.I. system, or even ESO, you will sometimes see the NPCs find themselves in all sorts of interesting situations that are completely irrespective of what the player might be doing at the time.

Edit:
    Spelling.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2018