Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Maybe they took an arrow to the knee.

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Thats the thing, im lvl 25 and im just exploring the area around boston.

The weird thing is that I survived just fine in the irradiated ****hole in the south west corner.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What is the best way to get a powerful armor?

Is there an area on the map that has lots of people with armor..... but not Brotherhood guys, I don't want to make them my enemy....

I can neither confirm nor deny how they died... because some would consider that a spoiler :Y

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    :giggle2:

Please don't follow this path if you don't want that i tell what was the fate of the Titanic in the Titanic movie!

:deadhorse:

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Starting to enjoy the game a lot much now I'm at level 18 and feel suitably 'powered up' both in the literal sense (i.e. the power suit) and with the perks/skill upgrades. I still find the game a little soulless though even compared with the The Elder Scrolls series. That is likely down to the post-apocalyptic setting and the fact that while Bethesda have made some more memorable characters in this game (Piper and Nick Valentine for example), they still feel less like real people and more like game NPCs compared with, say, Dragon Age Origins or, especially, The Witcher 3.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

But seriously... spoiler tags

For me, so far... its like when your walking down the street and see a mime or juggling clown. I know im suppose to be impressed, but i just go 'meh' and keep walking.

Everytime theres a storm (emission?), its about as threatening as boris johnson coming at you with glowstick nunchuckers.

How is it that this game feels more souless than rage.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Powerful armor? There's a couple of power-armor frames available fairly close to the start of the game but the armor found on them is both random so you could get a full suit or only a few pieces and furthermore and more importantly it's leveled so early on it would be T45 and later on T51 or even T60
    (I don't think XM1/Advanced Power Armor is available on these randomly generated/leveled frames and have to be found in specific locations.)

Oh and the type of armor found is also leveled or well the upgrade level of it such as finding basic armor at earlier levels and finding mark e or mark f high-end armor at higher character levels.

Otherwise nothing seems to be able to beat the fully upgraded vault suit under armor and tier 4 combat armor, alternatively metal armor offers superior protection but less energy resistance, synth might be better still when you find it.

It's all using the same form ID so if you were to use the console to add say 10 suits of leather armor chest pieces you would get some basic ones ("leather chest piece", basically a strap with I think it's 6 defense when fully upgraded to studded.) and then you'd also get some upgraded tier 2 ones ("sturdy leather chest piece", I think these go up to a defense rating of 15 when upgraded to studded) and then there's the tier 3 ("heavy leather chest piece", offers some 25 or so armor when fully upgraded) and finally the tier 4 armor which I don't remember the prefix name of but some 35 or so armor when fully upgraded.

EDIT: Haven't started using that many texture mods yet but I found this one to be pretty good, there's not too many of them but it retextures the quarries in the game which previously looked pretty poor.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1366/?

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My fav mods so far:
    Institute Power Armor -link
    [​IMG]

Institute Pip-boy -link
    [​IMG]

Authentic Pre-War Radio Replacer -link

PipBoyShadows -link
    [​IMG]

Fallout 4 live-action trailer as your Main Menu. -link

Warhammer 40k - T-51 Black Templars -link
    [​IMG][​IMG]

High Resolution Textures - Desk and Cabinet -link
    [​IMG]

Power Armor (Recolors) -link
    [​IMG][​IMG]

ku Aku level up sound replacer -link
    This mod will replace the annoying and boring level up sound with Aku Aku from crash bandicoot

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Cool... I didn't know there were later models of armor.. I've only seen a raider armor so far.. and the one the guy has that can become your sidekick.. Other than that I haven't seen anything else.

Going to keep my eyes open for a T60 $___$

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Lowered weapons is also a great mod.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    X01 power armour can be randomly generated but it's super rare, need to be high level I think.

You can find most of it at one specific location though, difficult to get to
    very south west of the map, glowing sea

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Is there anyway to start Fallout from a shortcut instead of the laucher every time? That 0.4 seconds extra to click play is eating away at my life, I'm 43 now I gotta start counting lost seconds ;)

13. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    The LOD in this game is so damn bad..Im running the game on ultra besides shadow distance,but even changing shadow distance to ultra doesn't fix this issue...The issue is zooming in with a sniper to some distant town makes everything look like a damn ps1 game.

Does anyone know if it's possible to fix this somehow ? It breaks immersion completely for me.

14. reno79

reno79 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming4GB
    OMG That 40k Armor... I must have it!

Went down to the south west of the map last night. Won't be making that mistake again!

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    you cant bro the engine is just old nothing to do about it. u just have to accept that gameplay here shines forget the graphics that what i think abt i just forget how old gen this game looks and just enjoy gameplay for what it is....
    by the way guys what fixed the performance for me was turning god rays off that alone gave me a huge jump of 40 fps now fps is hovering at 80_ 85 fps in towns and for all i know no more input lag, mouse panning is very smooth now.
    settings
    1080p
    fxaa medium
    _medium settings
    only reflections and wetness ticked
    object detail to medium sliders
    and .ini files tweaked
    this game wants to fry my gpu so its at 57 c ingame i dont know why and gpu usage is at 90 %

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I think you have to tweak uGridsToLoad=5 to 7 or 9 for better LOD in the distant.

It can break your savegame, but that didn't happen for me though.

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Expect FPS drops too. Drawcalls go through the roof with higher uGrids.

19. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    Has this been posted? thought it was funny.

20. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    make a shortcut of fallout4.exe from the root fallout 4 folder in your steamapps folder.

Steam will still track gametime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.