Fall Creators Update Finds Its Way onto 5% of all Windows 10 PCs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    This update has sorted out a major headache for my gaming laptop, that 9/10 it wouldnt fully turn off. Ive tried just about every posted solution to no avail but now irrespective of what ive been doing, when i click shut down, it shuts down.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    1511 is my favorite, I feel it's starting to becoming increasingly annoying in subsequent versions.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I want upgrade from Creators, but i need to find time.

Currently a lot of Games have Halloween Events, so ill wait untill those are over ^^

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I still get that stuttering problem in games, browser, desktop ( cursor stutters ) and when opening and browsing folders, as well as videos on the pc.

I might start and play games on my pc 20 times without it happening, then it might happen every second startup.

I don't know what triggers it but I have to basically restart to make it go away.

It happened on my last windows install and on this one, I have seen hundreds of comments online with the same problem.

Also this latest update broke sound detection, sometimes 7.1 sound is greyed out and I have to restart and then 7.1 works right away. I have read other peoples posts with the same problem.

Generally win10 is the best O.S I've ever used but everything from the first creators update onward has been terrible

6. SSD_PRO

SSD_PRO Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    AdDuplex? Seriously?

As for the stuttering Emille references, MS did a targeted trace feedback of that issue and received 3 whole reports for them to investigate. They published an update that changes the background winsat analysis and disables all dvr settings for systems with poor storage performance. You can also do this manually in game DVR settings.

This is basic A+ stuff. If a problem exists in software and isn't hardware dependent everyone will have the problem. If person A has a problem and person B, C, D do not then the problem is with person A's installation, configuration, and/or hardware.

7. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Well sh*t I thought it was just me. Shutdown and 1/3 it would reboot instead. Really annoying.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    This doesn't surprise me. I've manually told Windows to check for updates just a couple days ago and it didn't download this. The last time there was a major update like this, it took about a full month for me to get it. Seems to me MS isn't very good at deploying updates, so it's no wonder why these stats seem so low.

9. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    I've had issues with PCs never going to sleep. I'll set them to 10 minutes, but stay on for hours.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    For me this update ruined my shutdown problem now my pc wont go off lol, before the fall update it worked fine.

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Killed the taskbar which did not respond so had to go to a newer beta,

12. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    I built a slimmed down version of this update using the info here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-bloatware-free-edition.804247/

So far I am not having any issues on the PCs I have installed it on (3 at the moment, 3 more to go).

Its kind of annoying that MS stopped calling these service packs. Remember when this was simple?

"What service pack do you have installed?"

"IDK"

"Right click 'My Computer' and select properties."

"Ahh, I have service pack 2".

13. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    Got mine Monday, don't know what to make of it yet as it is to new.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    as far i concerned, they can push this to my pc's in about 6 when next build is out should be free of stupid bugs. i wont force the updates anymore and i will defer them aslong as possible.

dads pc did get 1703 pushed and forced to it the week before the fall update. i just happy it didnt fubar the system

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I know right. On my Desktop and my older Dell Precision based laptop before I blew away the partition was stuck on 1607 which was the update before the Creators update that was the Spring Update 1703 while they gave me the option to upgrade Windows Update did not want to download and install the update. My new gaming laptop has the Spring Creators update 1703 but not the fall one as of yet. Makes me wonder on how many users are still on 1607 and has yet to receive the update to 1703. MS should finish pushing out the 1703 update before doing another major update.

Yeah the same with My dad's PC his PC was the first to get the update out of the PCs we have that are running Windows 10 and he has a Core 2 Quad based machine.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    my dads pc is core duo it bit long in the tooth at this point, but does what he need it to do, i just need MS updates fubaring thing and forcing me to do clean isntall on that system. it would take me months sifting threw its hdd to just fiqure out what needs to be kept, which i dont want to do.

17. CitizenZero

CitizenZero Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frzr OC
    How do I enable GAME Mode on the new release. Its only saying supported but nowhere to enable it.

Thanks!

18. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    I have one PC that does that. The solution is to disable fast boot in the energy options. It should then shut down normally again. Annoyingly every new Windows 10 release reenables fast boot. Overall the new version is running fine on my 3 PCs. My 2013 notebook doesn't want anymore. It BSODs during the very last phase of the upgrade process and reverts.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Win + G in game to pull up game bar, then enable game mode.

Have to do that for each game.

20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah I know what you mean that would be a huge pain.