Fable 3 (PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JC[UK], Mar 12, 2010.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well I got too lazy to collect everything and just finished it... that was somewhat disappointing. Although it seems you can continue to collect everything after the game if you wish.

The final battle in the game was a joke, it's as if they ran out of time and just did it an hour.

It's pretty much what I would rate as "fun enough to be worth playing".

Final verdict: 7/10 - "Fun, but nothing special"

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    u still didnt buy the game white?

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    nope i havent, will get it on sale :p along with every costume :p

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    2.5 million now in the Treasury after recovering from a 1.5 million deficit, the money is rolling in now I've bought loads of properties following the 700,000 proceeds from a certain quest which you can choose to either pocket yourself or donate to the Treasury (you'd be dumb to do the latter IMO). I've been spending money as well doing all the good deeds and everyone loves me! :D

New patch came out yesterday too:

"With a 5MB title update released this morning on Xbox Live, Lionhead Studios has corrected some major Fable 3 issues. Primary among the fixes: quest progression issues (enemies not appearing, player getting physically stuck in certain parts of the world, etc.) and total game crashes.

Additionally, various online multiplayer issues have been resolved, as has Jasper's curious case of sudden laryngitis. And hey, if you played in Japanese and really missed Reaver's voiceover in that one quest, you're all set now! The complete, embarrassing list of fixes can be found after the break.

Major Fixes

• Sanctuary: Fixed numerous issues whereby Jasper would stop talking or whereby the world map would become unusable
    • Quests: Tabletop: The Hobbes may not spawn in the last area causing the player to be unable to progress
    • Quest: Tabletop: Online multiplayer: Player host is unable to vault off platform to Hobbe area
    • Quest: Tabletop: Player can become stuck behind some rocks
    • Quest: Tabletop: After defeating the hollowmen in the room with the lever the player is unable to progress
    • Quest: The Masquerade: Player can become trapped in Reaver's mansion.
    • Quest: The Masquerade: Player can fall out of the world
    • Quest: GNOMES PART 1: Player can break script
    • Live: The players fall out of the world (FOOTW) when transitioning from Shifting Sands to The Veiled Path
    • Crash: Mourningwood guards audio
    • Crash: During the quest "Peace, Love and Homicide"

Minor Fixes

• General improvements to performance and frame rate
    • World: Online multiplayer: Fast Travel area does not extend from end of level the "The Hole" to go to Mistpeak Valley
    • World: Player can fall out of environment in Mistpeak Valley while in combat
    • World: After proposing marriage, Bowerstone Castle cannot be selected as family home
    • World: If client repairs a house, the house goes from renting out to living in
    • World: Player can become stuck during Castle Battle after vaulting over sandbags near burning cart
    • World: Bowerstone Industrial: Player can fall off the world
    • World: A fix for existing or future FOOTW situations
    • World: Online multiplayer: No Particle Effects on Host Screen after Marrying another Player
    • Live: Orbs do not always show up
    • Live: Online multiplayer: Fixed an issue with sliding host in the sanctuary
    • Live: Fixed several issues relating to gifting and receiving gifts in local and online co-op
    • Quest: Tabletop: Breadcrumb not leading to Demonic Chickens
    • Saves: Fixed a few issues that could cause a corrupt save game slot
    • World: Driftwood: Hero can become stuck inside of tree
    • World: Shooting a crate creates a duplicate crate
    • World: Black chicken in castle gardens flies straight up into the air for several seconds when kicked
    • Speech: Japanese: Reaver is missing VO in one quest"
    The weird thing is that in my game Jasper has STOPPED talking AFTER I installed this patch; he was fine before. :3eyes:

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Well after finishing the awesome Witcher 2 and remembering the great times I had with Fable II on 360 I decided to take the plunge. And believe it or not I was actually enjoying it.

Right up until the point where we had a power cut in the house and all my save games were corrupted. :3eyes:

I don't know what to do now, anyone got any advice or even a save file from a few hours in?

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    LIVE is sensitive like that, I've never had the issue myself but any problems while it autosaves or otherwise use your profile will kill the save and may corrupt part of the profile itself (Less of a issue as once you connect it'll update via the server but still it's problematic.)

It's also sensitive as due to it's X360 roots they use a form of encryption and personlization, those saves will only work for you and if signed in they will only work when you are signed in.

Bit of a downside and manually backing up the saves and the profile info together is pretty tedious.

You can save manually and in separate slots but if it took the entire profile it's all dead I guess.

Not much else I can help with and there's little I or most anyone else can do about it.
    (Short of you downloading a nocd - though I don't think there is one for the patched version - and play the game fully in a offline profile environment.)

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Grrr. Guess I will start a new game then. Cheers for the info anyway Jonas, much appreciated my man.

9. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    What is Fable 3 engine ?
    Is it not UE3?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's a proprietary one developed internally by Lionhead I believe. It's pretty average by all accounts, thanks to being designed for the Xbox 360.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    em, no

custom made one

12. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Did they announced it ?
    I thought Fable 3 is Fable : Lost journey which is in UE3 so I assumed F3 is also.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    no, it uses the fable 2 engine, which was custom made

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Can you tell me some tips and tweaks to improve Fable 3 performance, it runs like a crap.

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

A GTX570 saying that it runs like crap. Makes you want to buy this game soooooooooo much.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Perhaps the shadow option is still bugged?
    (Lowering it might significantly improve performance if so.)

17. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I read that shadows are rendered by the cpu and that causes massive slowdowns on PCs. It is the only option that makes a huge difference in fps.

18. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Funny cause it runs like butter on my 570. Me thinks he has vsync turned on (limits you to 30 fps and is like swimming in mud).