EA confirms Battlefield 6 to arrive end of the year in an unprecedented scale

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I sure am looking forward to this ! Return to modern day battlefield... has been way too long. Was a huge mistake to do ww2 right after ww1.

3. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    I am looking forward to it too, but only if they have adequate Anti-cheat software installed and we get full up to date reports when people have been banned, because Battlefield 5 was a good game engine, but it was an absolute disgrace allowing hackers/cheaters to ruin the game and they should have been sued by not protecting their customer base.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    ZXRaziel likes this.
  4. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    I hope this time they will do more at the start than the basic conquest, rush and team deathmatch.
    I hate when we have to wait a year to get more of multiplayer modes...

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Most people dont care though - 95% of battlefield players only play conquest.

What most people want are more conquest maps. Bf5 was VERY meager in this regard for the first year, which caused many people to get bored, as most of the few maps we got werent very good at the same time.

6. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    zero interest in modern conflicts and with non existing anti-cheat a hard pass from me

7. Devid

Devid Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX 6800 XT TUF
    Most people are saying the conquest is what they want.
    I'm not saying conquest is not good, I just want to see something new.
    Dice always brings us nice graphics and some physics that are nice addition I can say.
    But every year they decrease the number of game modes when a new title is out.
    I just don't get it why they cannot let their imagination fly a bit...:(

Cheaters are the other problem here.
    Not just Dice, they are everywhere in all games and just ruin everything that is a good game is about

DownwithEA likes this.
  8. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I haven't even played any of the existing Battlefield games in the entire lock down for the last year which tells you everything really - found more interesting/rewarding online multiplayer action in games like Apex Legends, Star Wars Battlefront II and even the likes of Fortnite.

Actually my 10yo son was only one who liked playing one of them - Battlefield 4 - but only the one map "Seige of somewhere (forget name)" with the twin tower in middle of map.

I got sick and tired of getting killed every two minutes in the newer BF games series. Also nothing interesting in old weapons. Seemed it was only fancy skins and nothing else.

9. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    As a long time BF fan, I certainly hope it's not unprecedentet crap scales like BFV.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    As a long time BF player and fan, I really couldn't care anymore.

Although the Frostbite engine has good graphical quality the "feel" has just never been right. Compared to COD gameplay, BF just feels cluncky.

Yawn.....................

Unless they do something unique this time, what's the point?

11. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    BF 3 was the best game so far. After that they mostly went bad and got ruined by bad anticheat / cheaters. Hopefully they move away from FairFight.

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    As someone who used to play games like Time Splitters, Halo, CoD (without hardcore mode), 007, and Unreal Tournament, I've found you die way too quickly in BF games, unless you're in a vehicle. I refer to such games as "noob shooters" because you don't need a lot of skill to win. Basically, it's whoever sees the other player first gets the kill. That's stupid. I want an actual fight, where you win because of proper aim (without assists, of course) and flanking. I want to be able to be shot at first and still come out on top.

All that aside, I have no interest in this series, simply because it's EA. They seem to have finally got the hint that people are fed up with their sloppy releases and exorbitant MTs, but I'm not yet convinced they're any less greedy.

geogan likes this.
  13. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    I dunno, once it was fixed up BF4 was pretty great. The level of detruction and maps that change through the matches is a neat idea. I still play BF1m, didnt enjoy BF5 much which is a shame as I really wanted to.

AlmondMan likes this.
  14. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Agree. They really need to focus on this aspect otherwise the game is trash. They need to take a hard look and make it hard to hack and easy to adapt to hacks. I hope they start with encrypting the traffic.

Keno34 likes this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Still waiting for Bad Company 3...

CPC_RedDawn and NCC1701D like this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Then BF is not for you, so dont play it, and play a bulletsponge game instead.

17. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Me too. BC2 was my favorite entry in the series. The last couple have only held my interest for a couple of days.

18. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    It will never top Desert Combat.
    How about a BR style game that has 128 players and takes at least an hour to complete...tanks, arty, ATG support..the whole thing...?

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, this is it. It's either make it or brake it with this one. After BFV and the way they handled it from start to (the absurdly abrupt) finish, they will have to make BF6 very, VERY good IF they want the franchise to be reborn. Anything less will bring it to the graveyard for good.

Personally I'm really looking forward to it, the old fashioned style of BF games simply suits me better. No idea if it's nostalgia or just getting old and not "getting" the new generation of shooter games, but yeah, I can always play BF and genuinely enjoy it.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Wow getting that hype train started early aren't we. Come on folk do we really expect this game to do anything new? I have some bare minimum requirements to even give this game a look.

- Decent anti-cheat system
    - Decent hit detection system
    - Decent launch, I don't want to have to wait for four or five patches to get a stable game that actually runs and allows me access first time
    - Decent progression system, BFBC2 did it well enough, it gave players a wide array of unlockables that as far as I am aware were not locked behind any sort of paywalls or grindfest
    - Decent set of launch content, i.e I don't want to have to pay for DLC to get two thirds of the final game content.

Now looking at the history of the BF games is it possible that the game could really release with ALL of the above?

schmidtbag, AlmondMan and Agonist like this.