E3 2019

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dark_surge, Jun 5, 2019.

1. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Hey guys! E3 is just around the corner so I thought it would be a good time to start a discussion.

Here's the schedule for the conferences:

https://www.gamespot.com/e3/schedule/

June 8th:
    • EA - 12:00PM ET
    June 9th:
    • Microsoft - 4:00 PM ET
    • Bethesda - 8:20 PM ET
    • Devolver Digital - 10:00 PM ET
    June 10th:
    • PC - 1:00 PM ET
    • Ubisoft - 4:00 PM ET
    • Square Enix - 9:00 PM ET
    Note: Nintendo will have a Nintendo Direct on June 11th at 12:00 PM ET

Sony will not be at E3 this year.

Where to watch (a few options):

https://www.gamespot.com/
    https://www.ign.com/events/e3
    https://www.twitch.tv/

Here's a list of all the games confirmed so far for E3 2019:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/10/e3-2019-games-every-game-confirmed-5/

I doubt there will be too much information about the next generation of consoles, but I'm hoping they'll at least give a few details about what we can expect.

As far as games go, I'm looking forward to seeing some Borderlands 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Evil Genius 2, Halo Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Sniper Elite VR, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and Wasteland 3. From the Nintendo Direct I'm looking forward to anything about the new Animal Crossing, as well as any information about a new Mario game (Mario Odyssey 2 hopefully).

And although not confirmed to be there, I'm very much interested in the new Elder Scrolls game. Anything has to be better than that short flyby trailer we were teased with last year.

So how about you guys? Anything look interesting? Or do you even care about E3? :)

**Added** I updated some of the schedule to the correct times. I got the original schedule from a different website and some of the times were apparently incorrect. The new times are based off of Gamespot.com.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Seeing new Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay is literally the only think I'm looking for from this year's E3. Maybe if they show more gameplay of Fallen Order too, we'll see. But other than that, it's just extras.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, Bethesda's showcase is a bit draw.

Other then that, Dying Light 2, new Darksiders and Red Faction teases. People Can Fly's new game for Square Enix (Outlander)...
    Also, hoping for news on a new Batman Arkham game. And Respawn's Jedi: Fallen Order.

I'm sure Cyberpunk 2077 will be awesome, but, it's all hands off demos and private showings again. So, not expecting a lot from them.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Rocksteady will be showing anything at this E3.

https://www.pcgamer.com/rocksteady-wont-be-at-e3-this-year/

I'd love to see something about a new Red Faction game too. Aside from that remaster of Guerrilla we haven't had anything since 2011. I think it's time. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The new Arkham game isn't being made by Rocksteady.
    WB Montreal, the guys who made Arkham Origins are said to be the ones making this. Rocksteady left Batman after Arkham Knight.

dark_surge likes this.
  6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    All I want to hear at this year's E3 is that Activision will release the Spyro Reignited Trilogy to PC on Steam.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If it's not Call of Duty... Activision don't care about it.

lucidus, serbicu and cerebus23 like this.
  8. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Thank you for educating me on that. I've really been out of the loop when it comes to the Batman games.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Shinji Mikami will be at E3 this year.
    Not sure what this means... but, his studio, Tango Gameworks, have not announced anything since they finished The Evil Within 2.

Personally, I'm hoping for an Evil Within 3.

10. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Well the Microsoft conference just got over with and it was pretty good. Can't wait for Psychonauts 2, although they didn't give a release date. Flight Simulator looks beautiful.

The next gen Xbox is exciting. 4 times more powerful than the Xbox One X, with a hard drive 40 times faster. I'm looking forward to no load times.

Next up is Bethesda. I hope they have more to show about the next Elder Scrolls game.

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Well that CPU on the current consoles is really weak, it's not really gonna do 4time faster on them 3D stuffs ;) Unless they're comparing it to the launch variant GPU in which case.. well that's a different comparison really.
    Can't wait for the non replaceable 500gb SSD's and running out of space after installing 4-5 games

dark_surge likes this.
  12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Microsoft already admitted their new console will be weaker than the PS5, I know which one I'll bet getting, still haven't forgiven MS for their Xbone reveal, not to mention Xbox exclusives are garbage compared to Sony ones.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Will Sony regret not being at E3 this time? Felt like Xbox initiated Turbo mode to steal the limelight from Sony.

dark_surge likes this.
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Personally i think it is very smart from Sony to skip E3 , microsoft was a disaster, they didnt show ANY gameplay at all. fable 4 ? where was it ? lego forza really ?
    it was quantity over quality. sony exclusives are much better.
    revealing the next console specs is also a step behind sony since it already was know.

dark_surge likes this.
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Interesting point of view since I myself missed yesterdays E3. Maybe Sony felt that if they didn't have anything conclusive it was better not to attend at all than deliver a poor show. And according to you it seems that Microsoft chose the latter :)

16. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I agree with you completely. I didn't even think about hard drive space and you made a very good point there. It might be alright for me since there's only a handful of games I play each year per console. I still have over 500GB left on my 1TB Xbox One and I bought that over a year ago. Yet, with Red Dead Redemption 2 taking almost 100GB for install I foresee problems in the next generation, as you said.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I don't play Flight Sims, but Microsoft Flight Simulator is probably gonna be the highlight of this years E3.

dark_surge likes this.
  18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    E3 Microsoft...and everyone else so far = sequel, sequel, trilogy, sequel, remake, sequel, new console for more sequels.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks nice, but being almost a year away still makes it pointless to get excited about right now. Gaming has so much going for it, minus the games. Seriously. The streaming stuff, the game pass bundles, xcloud, so many technological advances that have me really excited and then I look at the games and it's just. I guess I'm just getting old.

dark_surge and TheDeeGee like this.
  19. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    It sounds better if you think of it as 'less than a year away'. Makes it more bearable. Just pretend its January right now, and game is out in October! :D

dark_surge and Serotonin like this.
  20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That's how i feel as well, it's why i fell back to older games recently.

I am looking forward to remasters though, like CnC 95 and Red Alert.

dark_surge and Serotonin like this.